SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

$$$$$$$$$
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moderate
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: $$$$$$$$$ Reply with quote

Sure, I came here today for the first time because of the "WaPo" article. I want to know if it's true or not, that: "Houston builder Bob J. Perry gave the group $100,000, accounting for the bulk of the $158,000 in receipts it has reported. It's fair to ask whether truth is at the top of this group's agenda."

I've been voting since I was 18. I voted for Romney, for chrissake, and my dad (a WWII vet) was a Republican state rep (representing Boston, Mass.) back in the 60s. But that was a different time, and he'd probably not even be considered a Republican today...

I'm a moderate, in a state that's liberal, but my mom's up in Maine, and she's swinging away from Bush. She's still politically active, connected to local Republican politics... but she sure ain't convinced that "W" is on the ball.

If we're basing the debate on military records, why exactly do you think Bush is the better man?
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: $$$$$$$$$ Reply with quote

Moderate wrote:
Sure, I came here today for the first time because of the "WaPo" article. I want to know if it's true or not, that: "Houston builder Bob J. Perry gave the group $100,000, accounting for the bulk of the $158,000 in receipts it has reported. It's fair to ask whether truth is at the top of this group's agenda."

You're a little behind. Over 8000 donors over $500,000. Perry is just the largest.

I, personally wish he would donate as much as Soros Does to Democrat 527's.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderate
Read a bit more here. then you'll realize your comment

"If we're basing the debate on military records, why exactly do you think Bush is the better man?"

isn't relavent.

Its all about SwiftVet for Truth.... Nothing about Bush.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Lord,

Please let me win the lottery so that I can give millions and millions to the SwiftBoat Vets ( instead of the $50 I did), then I can be the center of the media focus and will have to admit, gosh golly gee, I voted for Gore ---
Confused

Why do I support the Swift Vets, because I remember the babykillers testimony from the 70's and saw the damage done to those who served by Kerry and his ilk. I think Kerry's betrayal of the servicemen left behind makes him inherently unfit to be CIC.
Moderate
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: $$$$$$$$$ Reply with quote

(Deleted by admin)

Admin note:

The topic of this forum is our conviction that John Kerry is unfit to serve as Commander-in-Chief.

If you have comments or observations relating to that conviction, please feel free to respond.

If you can only frame your Kerry defense by bashing another candidate, you've come to the wrong forum.

Thank you
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: $$$$$$$$$ Reply with quote

Quote:

Oh, and my other question for the group was "Why?" -- if military service is your sole basis for comparison.

You know, I'd still love an answer on that one, actually.

because kerry made it the issue ,,remember the convention ?

remember john kerry's opening of his speach at the convention ??

john kerry reporting for duty

Last edited by The Ghost on Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: $$$... Reply with quote

I just checked. Lewis and Soros gave $2.5 million EACH to MoveOn.org, 50 times as much as Perry gave to the Swiftees. And, MoveOn.org rails against Bush wihout any foundation, just as Michael Moore did. The Swiftees publish affidavits, personal accounts and generally seek the truth.
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderate~ Don't be so obtuse. The responses you have gotten can't be summarized as "Yes, Moderate, we all support Bush here. Now, move along..." That is simply not the truth. You "missed" the whole point - on purpose, I guess. This whole thing is about the TRUTH!

Be careful....your agenda is showing
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: $$$... Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
I just checked. Lewis and Soros gave $2.5 million EACH to MoveOn.org, 50 times as much as Perry gave to the Swiftees. And, MoveOn.org rails against Bush wihout any foundation, just as Michael Moore did. The Swiftees publish affidavits, personal accounts and generally seek the truth.

Just a little help from a liberal:
The difference between Lewis and Soros giving huge sums of money to Moveon.org is that it is 2 liberals giving huge sums of money to a LIBERAL organization. This wonderful site claims to have no political affiliation, yet huge chunks of its funding is coming from 'reported' Republicans. The question is, how can you be funded by one party and be expected to have a fair and honest opinion. (Not that there aren't liberals here donating money. I am a liberal, I enjoy the site, but looking at the posts on the forums, there is a disproportionate amount of liberal bashing and if someone were to bash conservative ideology, then they would be banned...
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so Liberals, to use your term, are are not "members" of the Democratic Party? Nice attempt at obfuscation but it's sinks as rapidly as Kerry's boat is right now.

Best regards,

RiverRat
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Oh, so Liberals, to use your term, are are not "members" of the Democratic Party? Nice attempt at obfuscation but it's sinks as rapidly as Kerry's boat is right now.

Best regards,

RiverRat

I'm actually a registered independant, voted for Nader 3.5 yrs ago (you're welcome Bush fans). Just because I am more liberal than most, doesn't mean I lack common sence. When a huge corporation donates money to a polical party, they expect something in return. Energy companies expect easy contracts and easy environmental laws. When an individual donates large quantities of money to a 527, they expect something in return. I am not saying that by accepting the donation you are inturn hypocrits, but by accepting the donation (which you could have rejected (unwise)) you open yourselves up for critscism. If Moveon.org claimed it was had no political reference, then you would be just as scepticle
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing votr wrote:
[

I'm actually a registered independant, voted for Nader 3.5 yrs ago (you're welcome Bush fans). Just because I am more liberal than most, doesn't mean I lack common sence. When a huge corporation donates money to a polical party, they expect something in return. Energy companies expect easy contracts and easy environmental laws. When an individual donates large quantities of money to a 527, they expect something in return. I am not saying that by accepting the donation you are inturn hypocrits, but by accepting the donation (which you could have rejected (unwise)) you open yourselves up for critscism. If Moveon.org claimed it was had no political reference, then you would be just as scepticle

do you mean that because some one is a republican ,,that they can't support the swift boat veterans ?? and how about if he donates to republicans ,does that mean that he can't donate to democrates ??

the person that you are accusing has done both

so then is it ok for democrats to finance moveon ??

is it ok for sorros to donate 15 million to moveon ??

and how about another 15 million to anther out fit to defeat bush from sorros again ????

and what are you talking about ?? a man that has donated 100 thousand or so to the swift boat veterans ?? please get real
sparky 36
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: $$$$$$$$$$$ Reply with quote

I have been military in one way or other since 2 Jan 1959, I have never donated a nickle to any poltician. But I have donated to the swit boat for truth and bought the book, all because I do no want to see Hanoi Kerry as commander and chief !!
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ghost wrote:
do you mean that because some one is a republican ,,that they can't support the swift boat veterans ?? and how about if he donates to republicans ,does that mean that he can't donate to democrates ??

Absolutley not. Donations are a part of a persons freedom of speech. I am not criticizing him for donating to you, in fact I think its great.
The Ghost wrote:

the person that you are accusing has done both
so then is it ok for democrats to finance moveon ??
is it ok for sorros to donate 15 million to moveon ??

That is perfectly all right for him to donate to both parties.
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php?topic=FAQ
The difference between Moveon and SVFT is in the link about, points 4 and 7. Move on is a liberal organization. SVFT claims no political affiliation, just a distaste for Kerry. Move on will have its motives questioned because of its liberal donors when they have advertisements, and so will SVFT for its donors. Sorros can do with his money what ever he desires.
The Ghost wrote:
and how about another 15 million to anther out fit to defeat bush from sorros again ????

and what are you talking about ?? a man that has donated 100 thousand or so to the swift boat veterans ?? please get real

point 1: I am just addressing the fact that everyone appears shocked and appalled that people would question where a 527 with no political affiliation gets its money. I think this is a great organization, that makes every effort to expose the truth, but to think that you would be immune to criticism because of where you get your money, seems unrealistic thats all.
point 2 : I remember seeing an interview or commercial where there was a guy who said he would be voting for Nadar, because he wasn't a conservative. Where are people like this in these forums? Im not saying that being conservative is bad, mind you, but the Liberal/Dimacrat bashing seems to be out of hand. Kerry, while running for president, doesn't represent all democrats, nor all liberals, yet its seems perfectly fine to criticize or blame things on stupid liberal thinking. Where is the guy on TV voting for Nadar? Why isn't he standing up for other liberals?
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: $$$... Reply with quote

The large majority of Swiftees and their supporters are for Bush because they realize any other vote is a vote for Kerry. I'm not particularly impressed by Bush but I'm particularly, negatively motivated by what Kerry did in and out of combat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: