SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Veterans deserting Kerry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: We won't convert anyone by ignoring them ... Reply with quote

Don't worry about a Kerry "spy" in the forum ... no secrets for them to uncover here ... after all as the left is always saying, "This is America".
Maybe we'll convince some of them to actually look at Kerry instead of worshiping him ...
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4moreyears wrote:
OK...enough of democrat bashing...THINK about it for a second. Who will be the lead speakers at the RNC? A lot of converted Democrats...so let's not run off the smart ones just to piss off the dumb ones.

And that's one of the smartest things I've seen here, yet.

We have many Democrats, Independents, Green Party and Constitution Party members who are trying to support the Swifts mission - to alert the country about a gathering threat.

Let's all try to be more inclusive in our language and tone - it's too easy to let our disdain for Kerry turn into vitriol for anyone who questions our rejection of him.

If a Democrat who understands the Swifts' message visits here, they should feel just as welcome as a Republican. Let's not ostracize them with our language.

This site is not about who we will vote for, it's about who we CANNOT vote for.
RGScott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We have many Democrats, Independents, Green Party and Constitution Party members who are trying to support the Swifts mission - to alert the country about a gathering threat.

Let's all try to be more inclusive in our language and tone - it's too easy to let our disdain for Kerry turn into vitriol for anyone who questions our rejection of him.

If a Democrat who understands the Swifts' message visits here, they should feel just as welcome as a Republican. Let's not ostracize them with our language.

This site is not about who we will vote for, it's about who we CANNOT vote for.

Well stated.
I’m an Independent. I have voted third party for the last 5 or 6 elections. Neither of the two major parties have impressed me. I refuse to be bought with promises of What’s In It for Me. I don’t cast my vote based on who will give me the most money but on who will be best for my country.
I do not think it will be best for my country to have a lying, backstabbing, seditious traitor as President.
I support the Swift Boat Veterans for two reasons - they (you) appear to share this philosophy and I feel a kinship from my time with the USATBVT/Delta (Prov).
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
War Dog wrote:
Notice all the new people the last three days! Methinks we are being mass trolled! There is no way that this many new veterans have found this site. A pro Kerry / Democratic / Liberal site has instituted a mass attack on this site!

Ignore all new people unless they send their DD214 to the moderators!

War Woof!

Jeez WarDog:
I registered Tuesday, sent my DD214 to Latch@swiftvets.com on Wednesday requesting membership and the right to add my name to the
the letter to Senator Kerry demanding full disclosure of his military records. Today I made a monetary donation to the site. I was turned onto the site while listening to Rush. Although I never rode swifts with an American crew, I rode them frequently as an advisor when they were turned over to the VN Navy. I also know of a sailor friend of mine who started browsing this site this week. He aint a Swiftee, he was boatswain on a Mikeboat in DaNang. I think that the recent publicity has brought a lot of the VN Vets out of the woodwork. Just in case your paranoia is right, I will keep a watch out for pro Kerry trolls.

What's the deal here?
Do we have to send an actual photocopy in?
If so, to what physical address?
if not, do we send a jpg in an e-mail?
Am I missing a section of this bulletin board?

You don't have to be a Swift Boat veteran to immediately recognize B*llSh*t (a.k.a. "sea stories"), which is why, from what I think I'm reading, this group has Swift Boat, Destroyer, Carrier, and any other kind of sailors interested. And Marines. And Army. And special forces. And on, and on, and on. I'd be willing to guess that of the 2000+ "registered users", there are 10-50x that number of people just reading posts.

I'd like to see something like XXXX registered users in the header of this. As XXXX increases toward XXXXX, more people would find the "courage" to join, which would scare the press even more.

The way this site gets increase in membership is just a "power of two" thing. 1 doubled = 2 (x 2 =) 4 (x 2 =) 8 (x 2 =) 16( x 2 =) 32 (x 2 =) 64 (x 2 =) 128 (x 2 =) 256 (x 2 =) 512 (x 2 =) 1024 (x 2 =) 2048 ... next one exceeds the number signed up to date ...
sore loser
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the name of this thread ought to be changed. It implies veterans were at some point FOR Kerry. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

If there are any hardliners out there, I'm just joking.

With regard to being all inclusive, I think the confusion is that some of think the Democrats are all liberal. It's just the liberals have a strangle hold on the leadership. There are a lot of "good Demo's" out there, Lieberman, that guy from the south whose name escapes me, and others.
Any time. Any place.
CVAN-65 and VA-196
The Big "E" and The Main Battery
retiredmilitary50563
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
LewWaters wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, Kerry deserted veterans back in 1971 with his lying testimony.

Yep and it only got worse from there.

I will never forgive John Fsckin' Kerry for what he did to our soldiers and then to our POW's & MIA's and their families.

"God does, but I don't,
"God will, but I won't,
"And that's a difference
"Between God and me."

True, Kerry made his own bed with vets in 1971....and it is coming back to haunt him. His three "scratches" got him out of service in Nam which was his motivation. No part of our society will improve with him being president....pick the less of the two evils...we are better off with Bush the Hanoi John.

Until his big day of reckoning, it's only fair that he has to deal with just a taste of his own bitter bile-filled dish.
jim_pem
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An observation I have:

I don't generally feel the need to talk about my service. It may come up in an odd conversation, and people say, "I didn't know you were in the service." One thing I've noticed about people who serve honorably is that they (we) don't talk about it much unless in the close company of other vets.

So why can't Kerry shut up about it? What's he got to prove? Why does he have to lie about it at that? We know the answer...
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharps Shooter:
I see that you served at the time of the Pueblo fallout.
When I was in in-country our cook had also been the cook on the Pueblo.
I don't remember his name now that 35 years have passed; I do remember that he would never talk about the Pueblo or his treatment at the hands of the North Koreans. He was also a Swiftboat sailor. Coastal Division 13 (Cat Lo) & 3rd Coastal Zone Coastal Surveillance Center (Vung Tau). As I recall, he used to feed table scraps to that pooch in Kerry's photos, the one that Kerry left behind when he went back to CONUS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: