SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS- Kerry losing support among veterens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: CBS- Kerry losing support among veterens Reply with quote

Quote:
The appearance of his fellow Vietnam veterans at the Democratic convention helped John Kerry’s support among veterans, but the recent attacks on his Vietnam service may have moved veterans’ support back toward George W. Bush now. Kerry is running well behind his opponent among veterans; now, 55 percent of veterans back Bush, and 37 percent back Kerry. A few weeks ago, both candidates were tied among veterans.

source

They ain't seen nothing yet. Attacking vets is backfiring bigtime.
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new #s are great. I hate the SBVFT are being talked down too but I am sure they have been through alot worse. I respect all of you guys and keep the heat on their butts.

Curt
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time we start flooding everywhere with statements Kerry made about his "brothers" when he returned from Viet Nam.

Believe it or not, there ARE some veterans who aren't even aware of the senator's treasonous behavior, and others who may even believe all the pictures, video, and documents are part of the "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" to discredit him.

Time to up the exposure of these events, as painful as they are for veterans and America, and let the public decide who they want in the White House.

SOTG
nightingale97
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a lurker now for several weeks but after hearing John Kerry's speech today and his challenge to "Bring it on!" I decided it was time to get involved and help the Swift Vets do just that! For over 20 years I have been married to a man who has a chest full of medals but you would never know that. He was with the 101st at Hamburger Hill as a Cobra Pilot. With only a month left in his tour he was severely wounded when a bullet entered the bottom of the Cobra and shattered his right leg. They were able to save his leg but the bone is fused at the knee and he cannot bend it. He told me that the first thing he thought of when he woke up at the hospital after his surgery was "How soon can I get back to my unit". Like most veterans, he never committed any atrocities nor was he a drug addict as John Kerry has accused most Vietnam soldiers of being. I am forever grateful to Mr O'neil and the SwiftVets for having the courage to expose John Kerry for what he truly is. My donation, in honor of my husband, is on the way.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what a great post I salute both you and your husband.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this poll, it's CBS for crying out loud, plus the reception at the VFW and knowing the new ad was coming out caused Kerry's meltdown today. They are losing it.

I've been reading that he's frazzled and mentally worn out. (If he can't handle this....) Bet MamaT is trying to get him out from under the bed where he's in a fetal position.

Where's Edwards? Is he distancing himself to save credibility for a future run himself? Was he just a one night stand?
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightingale97 wrote:
I have been married to a man who has a chest full of medals but you would never know that.

Greetings and welcome Nightingale! Thank you for posting your message, as it warms my heart to see so many stories like yours, from vets and spouses of vets wandering into our little haven of healing here. God bless you and your husband, and a 35 year belated WELCOME HOME to him!

Semper Fi,

MarineBrat
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a lurker now for several weeks but after hearing John Kerry's speech today and his challenge to "Bring it on!" I decided it was time to get involved and help the Swift Vets do just that! For over 20 years I have been married to a man who has a chest full of medals but you would never know that. He was with the 101st at Hamburger Hill as a Cobra Pilot. With only a month left in his tour he was severely wounded when a bullet entered the bottom of the Cobra and shattered his right leg. They were able to save his leg but the bone is fused at the knee and he cannot bend it. He told me that the first thing he thought of when he woke up at the hospital after his surgery was "How soon can I get back to my unit". Like most veterans, he never committed any atrocities nor was he a drug addict as John Kerry has accused most Vietnam soldiers of being. I am forever grateful to Mr O'neil and the SwiftVets for having the courage to expose John Kerry for what he truly is. My donation, in honor of my husband, is on the way.

I am now more dedicated than ever. He is falling fast and I want to kick him on down.

William Page
www.thebattleofkontum.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: