SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What can we do to help fight back?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shorty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: What can we do to help fight back? Reply with quote

What can we vets (or non-vets) do to help fight back against the partisian media (censorship) and the smear campaign against the SBVT?

I am a 21 year U.S. Navy retired Vet (non-Vietnam era). I am outraged by the smear tactics going on against the SBVT.

I was skeptical at first when I heard about this group, but after digging into the information and doing my own research and timelines, I am convinced there is something to their story. BTW, haven't been able to get the book yet. Sold out everywhere I go.

I know I can contribute money, what else is there we can do?
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spread the word and truth brother. My son is a US Marine on active duty and I can't imagine having a traitor as CIC. So spread the word and spread it often. There is a Veteran protest in Sept. in the Mall you could go support the Vets. Semper Fi.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just spread the word!

The new ad will be available here in several formats, soon. When that happens, people will be able to get a glimpse of just how deeply Kerry betrayed his generation of soldiers.
LouisianaNavy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time poster, delurking. Wish I could be there for the protest, which has prompted my reply. I hope you all DO protest! I'll be there in spirit - no doubt about that. Not to mention my decision for the future president is made MUCH easier now.

I came to this site a few weeks back, not wanting a stone to be left unturned in the race for president. I lurked on the Kerry forum for a while, but finally gave up. I never posted, I didn't learn much of anything, except "Crybabies for Kerry 101" Ahem - no thank you. I am a Navy veteran, as is my husband, along with every branch of service covered between my own family and in laws. We've covered all the bases in the U.S. Armed Services, and we keep going back for more. This man, John Kerry, is not only an embellisher in it's worst form, but a true disgrace.

I heard critics earlier this morning that your site will not sway the undecided voter. Wanna bet? As of today I will cast my NON-Kerry vote and lose no sleep whatsoever.

And finally as I conclude my one post (maybe more in the future?), I hear Wolfe Blitzer announce that the Kerry campaign has planned to file a lawsuit against my shipmates? Could this be true? I'll check the posts momentarily for updates. In the meantime ....

I'M DONE WITH THIS MAN !!! JOHN KERRY - KISS MY ASS, YOU FOOL!

Did Kerry lose ground (VOTES) because of his delusions of grandure? You bet he did. I'm one of those votes! And this formal complaint shows him as the true hypocritical coward he's always been. Psh.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LousiannaNavy, You have permission to board this ship, throw yer sea bag on the deck and report for duty. Love your post. But please don't just no vote, we all have to vote, but vote for our brothers and sisters who are in harms way right now. I am not telling you who to vote for just look at all the facts on all of the candidates and vote for the best man to do the job as CIC, our fellow Soldiers, Sailors and Marines are depending on us to make that choice. I believe that voting is not only a right but a duty. Semper Fi.
LouisianaNavy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4Life, God Bless You!

My vote is for my people, my American brothers and sisters who, like yourself Marine, fought for me, protected me, went to work in a moments notice and sacrificed everything for me. I know critics have asked you all if our wars were worth it. I have 2 fantastic children, a wonderful life, and I'm able to have that because of the freedoms you all gave to me. I am in no way rich, and our home is a simple one, nothing fancy or elaborate. But I have everything I need in these walls, because I can go to sleep at night knowing we have people like yourself who gave it their all so WE could live in freedom. Words will never be enough thanks for what our soldiers have sacrificed foir us. But I know your reward will be great in the long haul.

My vote goes for President Bush in November - the same man who walked off of Marine 1 on evening of Septemeber 1I, 2001. He was unassisted, no security around him. Just stepped off that helicopter as bold as you please without protection from anyone, and stared down each camera facing him. Almost like he was saying to the terrorists and the world "I'm right here, I'm not afraid, and I'm not going anywhere. What do you want me to do - go to college? Okay - okay - I added in the college smirk just for spite. But the point is - President Bush didn't leave us hanging.

I usually don't post a pro or con ad for any forum. I guess it's just not the way I was raised (Daddy is retired CMS in USAF - raised me well, but I know not to act a fool in public - like others - Kerry Campaign, are you lurking on these boards, too? Listen UP! Take a cue for some REAL heroes on this board and have a slice of humble pie. God knows you could use it!)

Edited to add - even if Kerry did change his tune and harness some humility, I still wouldn't change my vote. Damage is done, and I don't know of any DC Chief willing to clean it up - Swift Vet or otherwise.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post, have you thought about being a writer, you have the gift of elloquence. I am very sure that all the Vets on this site appreciate your heart felt thank you. The Swift Vets are engaged in battle once again, I am not a Swiftie but I will support for my brothers anyway that I can. We have a common goal, that is to preserve the dignity of the Whitehouse and our way of life as we know it. Semper Fi.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
Spread the word and truth brother. My son is a US Marine on active duty and I can't imagine having a traitor as CIC. So spread the word and spread it often. There is a Veteran protest in Sept. in the Mall you could go support the Vets. Semper Fi.

One Squid and one Marine in the same boat?
Hey, Marine: I'd like to apologize now for the actions of Kerry-the-Squid.
I'm scared that:
(a) Kerry gets elected
(b) Abu Graib was "prevalent" over there in Iraq
(c) That ends up being my son's (and maybe your son's) fault because
(d) Michael Moore just got his hands on some letters, from what I've heard.

I was, I swear, totally oblivious to all the atrocities I never heard about aboard the carrier, and honest, I never saw even a single "bloated dead body" floating down s*it river in Olongapo ... I was physically there more than half a dozen times ... must not have been too observant.

<edit> I forgot the original point: You're absolutely right --- SPREAD THE WORD. </edit>
shorty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: What can we do to help fight back? Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
There is a Veteran protest in Sept. in the Mall you could go support the Vets. Semper Fi.

</edit>[/quote]

I will be there on Sept 12.
flashback
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Sept 11, 2004 Reply with quote

I believe that there are going to be Marches, nationwide, National March Against Terror...This is the site for more info:

www.nationalmarchagainstterror.org

A few Pro-Bush and Anti-Kerry signs would be welcome I'm sure!!!!!

Just ordered the book via amazon.com and donated what I could on this site as well...Keep up the Good Fight!!!!!
Voice
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a massive frontal attack on media with a class action suit against their smear campaign? Idea
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry talked and bragged about being a hero? The real hero's are right here on this board, along side the Swities, and other Vets...read that out loud kerry...Can't wait for the RNC August 30th:-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: