SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DRUDGE HEADLINE: Kerry Camp Calls for BOOK BAN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/08/19/swiftbook/index_np.html
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe this. I remember trying to get some restrictions on certain books in terms of access by children and it was a horrible fight. Yet Kerry has the audacity to even suggest a ban on this book. Unbelieveable. Man he must be running around in circles chasing his own tail.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the same people who claim Larry Flint is a hero because he pushes the first amendment to the limit.

Last edited by kmudd on Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
dcrhere
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Joe Wilson book is still on the stands...?
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcrhere wrote:
And the Joe Wilson book is still on the stands...?

Not only it is still on the stands he is an advisor to Kerry.
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, "Christmas in Cambodia."

Now, "Banned in Boston."

How much more stupid can the Kerry campaign be? I can understand terrfied, because of the truth of the charges, but this mindless?
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fahrenheit 451

Temperature at which paper burns. keke got to love the left
skygod325
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This attempt at a ban is a gift from the Kerry Campaign. The must be terrified at what this will expose.
When I was a teenager the book "The Catcher in the Rye" was banned by my school system because of a couple of F*** Y**'s in it. I hated school and hated to read books, but I wanted to read that one since I wanted to see what all the commotion was about.
This statement by them is a gift beyond all the swifties dreams of getting the truth out about John Kerry.

Keep it up Swifties!

PS. It is a great book and spurnned me on to a love of reading Smile
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My letter to the editor at Salon.com

Quote:
Your article "Unfit for Bookstores" was a serious disappointment on two fronts.

One, the DNC calling for the ban of a book: I think that disappointment speaks for itself.

Two, it was frustrating to see your reporter Eric Boehlert fall so short of any standard for journalistic ethics. The Washington Post's article regarding Larry Thurlow and the Swift Vets for Truth in no way discredits their story and it certainly doesn't prove it is a "hoax".

No reasonable interpretation of that piece could lead anyone to that conclusion. The Post article simply states the official version of events, as stated in Larry Thurlow's citation.

It is the official version of events that is in dispute! The official version of events is not proof in itself that the official version of events is accurate.

(I have some legitimate questions as to whether Mr. Boehlert has always had such faith in the "official" version of events through his journalistic career.)

The cleverness of writing a piece that skips analysis of the Post article, and goes straight to "Now that we know it's a hoax, what now?" is not in question. Yes, very clever indeed.

The only problem is that is a deliberate deception. Where I come from, we call a deliberate deception a hoax.

[/quote]
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Shelleys43
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Wizard of Oz" comes instantly to mind, at this moment.

melting....melting....melting ....!

Polaris wrote:
iggit,

We are a political site in that we are attempting to educate the public for the election (i.e. don't vote for Kerry). However, we are not a partisan site.

I don't think that the Kerry camp or the DNC understand it....and it's killing them.

In addiiton to that, this was a stupid, stupid thing to do.

1. It gets the ACLU on our side. Sure they are moonbat liberals, but they are consistant moonbat liberals (they even defended Rush Limbaugh). Kerry doesn't want to piss off the ACLU.

2. It gives the book instant mainstream credibility. Normally political books only appeal to the converted. Asking for a ban changes all that.

How did this man ever make it this far in politics?!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it time for a really indignant press release about how this threat of a book ban threatens democracy as we know it? You know, a really searing release like yesterday's response to the WaPo story. And then sent to all major news outlets.

The rapid response team was great yesterday. A response to this act of stupidity by the Kerry campaign will really hurt them.
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No publisher should want to be selling books with proven falsehoods in them

If this is the case, perhaps "Tour of Duty" should have been pulled from the shelves months ago!!!
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Aug. 19, 2004 | The Kerry campaign has told Salon that the publisher of "Unfit for Command," the book that is at the center of the attack on Kerry's military record by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, is retailing a hoax and should consider withdrawing it from bookstores. "No publisher should want to be selling books with proven falsehoods in them, especially falsehoods that are meant to smear the military service of an American veteran," said Kerry campaign spokesman Chad Clanton. "If I were them, I'd be ducking under my desk wondering what to do. This is a serious problem."

If Kerry can "prove" that the book has lies in it, then he should sue. That is the bottom line. Saying it is a lie does not make it so (except in Kerry's world, where saying rice up your backside is an enemy bullet makes it so!)

If he wants to prove they are lies, then the courtroom is the place to go. Otherwise, he is just sucking wind. Notice they say "should consider" instead of demanding that they pull the book. Just like the crap they tried to pull with the radio stations broadcasting the SBVT ad.

Why do I suspect that Chad spend a lot of his time under his desk, probably yelling (figuratively) "INCOMING!!"

I just feel unclean after reading any Kerry spokesperson's comments.
The Hat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Salon.Com looks liberial to me? Reply with quote

I heard about the ruckus about Salon.Com. Since I'd never heard about thi site before I wondered over and looked around. It looks more like a lib site than a conserative site to me. There were tons of anti-Bush stuff. So what's up with Kerry flipping out over this site?

The Hat
a Vet for Bush!
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coffee wrote:
Quote:
No publisher should want to be selling books with proven falsehoods in them

If this is the case, perhaps "Tour of Duty" should have been pulled from the shelves months ago!!!

I'm seriously afraid that the falacious "Tour of Duty" will be classified as fiction.
That would remove it as a club to hit him with. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: