SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry, thy name is rope-a-dope

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belisaurius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Kerry, thy name is rope-a-dope Reply with quote

This is amazing, just looking at it from an operational point of view.

Massive influx of money into Rat 527s, and the recently expired Rat convention should mean a Kerry campaign that can go relatively quiet whilst the 527 hatchetmen nick Bush going into his convention.

Instead, 250 or so vets who start out with less money then John Edwards makes in a week of litigating run an ad in three states, and all hell breaks loose. The 527s and DNC have to spend money just to defend Johnny, and Johnny sets himself up for the rope-a-dope play by coming out swinging right before the second, truly devastating ad rolls out.

Meanwhile, G.W., who is supposed to be dazed and bleeding at this point, is completely unmolested while he preps for his convention speech.

Instead of resting while his surrogates stalk the President, Kerry is wearing himself out trying to parry repeated hits on his decorated veteran who shall not be questioned theme.

BRING...IT...ON? Consider it brought, Johnny.

Our brittle superhero has been reduced to sending out hacks and sycophants to claim that John Kerry was in or near Vietnam or Cambodia on or about Christmas 1968 or 1969 engaged in one or two or several top-secret missions transporting Green Berets, Navy SEALS, the French Foreign Legion, and/or Civil War re-enactors while under heavy fire from the VC, the NVA, the Michigan Militia, the Khmer Rouge, and Mayberry P.D.

You know it's bad when the Washington fricken Post starts doing human-interest pieces on wounded veterans who felt betrayed by Johnny Kerry. As bad as he's reeling now, what's he gonna do when the Bush-Cheney blitzkrieg starts up after the convention?

I know the purpose of swiftvets isn't to get G.W. Bush get reelected. We all have a common purpose, however, and that is to send Johnny Kerry back to Massachusetts. Just think, if the Democrats had listened to swiftvets last Spring and nominated Lieberman, Gephardt, or even Edwards, we could be having us a more or less normal, responsible political debate. I'm active duty, and while I wouldn't be thrilled about serving during another Democrat administration, I could stomach it as long as it's not a Johnny Kerry Democratic administration.
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so right, Muhammed Ali would be proud Very Happy

http://www.thewebplace.com/
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry, thy name is rope-a-dope Reply with quote

Belisaurius wrote:
This is amazing, just looking at it from an operational point of view.

Massive influx of money into Rat 527s, and the recently expired Rat convention should mean a Kerry campaign that can go relatively quiet whilst the 527 hatchetmen nick Bush going into his convention.

Instead, 250 or so vets who start out with less money then John Edwards makes in a week of litigating run an ad in three states, and all hell breaks loose. The 527s and DNC have to spend money just to defend Johnny, and Johnny sets himself up for the rope-a-dope play by coming out swinging right before the second, truly devastating ad rolls out.

Meanwhile, G.W., who is supposed to be dazed and bleeding at this point, is completely unmolested while he preps for his convention speech.

Instead of resting while his surrogates stalk the President, Kerry is wearing himself out trying to parry repeated hits on his decorated veteran who shall not be questioned theme.

BRING...IT...ON? Consider it brought, Johnny.

Our brittle superhero has been reduced to sending out hacks and sycophants to claim that John Kerry was in or near Vietnam or Cambodia on or about Christmas 1968 or 1969 engaged in one or two or several top-secret missions transporting Green Berets, Navy SEALS, the French Foreign Legion, and/or Civil War re-enactors while under heavy fire from the VC, the NVA, the Michigan Militia, the Khmer Rouge, and Mayberry P.D.

I'm just a friendly country doctor, but I want to add that Johnny has also resorted to the tactics of the Josef Stalins, Ho Chi Mins, Mao Tse-Tungs, and other Communist dictators calling both for CONDEMNATION of free speech critical of him and for BANNING OF BOOKS critical of him.

I submit that those actions call into question his belief in the U.S. Constitution and Freedom of Speech.

If he makes these calls as a mere senator, what would occur under an actual Kerry regime when criticism mounts? Trying to have people imprisoned is my concern.

FDL
sdpatriot
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry, thy name is rope-a-dope Reply with quote

>>Kerry is wearing himself out trying to parry repeated hits on his decorated veteran who shall not be questioned theme<<

this is the epitome of hypocrasy in my book. Kerry took it upon himself
to speak for all soldiers and sailors in May of 71, and expected NO ONE
to question that right - which was not his. and ever after that, but
especially since his 2004 campaigning, he DEMANDS that no one question
him because he is a veteran! from now on every time he is questioned,
especially by someone who served or is serving, and he comes with his
"i served and therefore shall not be questioned" line - the reply to this should be: "in the early 70's you, Mr Kerry, not only questioned their honor, but ACCUSED ALL service men in Vietnam of war crimes. why is it allowable for you to question service records but not me?"

had to say that, as it galls me to no end.

God Bless the SBVT and our troops
sdpatriot
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

""in the early 70's you, Mr Kerry, not only questioned their honor, but ACCUSED ALL service men in Vietnam of war crimes. why is it allowable for you to question service records but not me?" "

That is a very damaging statement. It should be passed on to anyone that may get the opportunity to debate Kerry or one of his representatives. They should at least look at it, it's very hard to refute intelligently.
Belisaurius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Kerry Reply with quote

Kerry is a pretentious fraud, but then we all knew that already.
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry is a pretentious fraud, but then we all knew that already.

Let's not forget he passed himself off as being Irish for most of his life, again for self-serving political reasons.

The guy is truly dangerous.
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BRING...IT...ON? Consider it brought, Johnny

The whole opening post is so totally funny, and true. I was making a few very similar points this morning to my wife. The repubs haven't even had their convention yet, and they already have the momentum of a post convention bounce.

All GW has to do now is play down the expectations of his performance in the debates Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: