SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry campaign's major strategic error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Kerry campaign's major strategic error Reply with quote

I believe a major strategic error made by the Kerry campaign was assuming the silence of the mainstream media was sufficiently protective. They, in effect, vastly, vastly underestimated the power of the Internet in supporting free speech and in informing an increasingly-curious, increasingly-computer-proficient public about what the "conventional media" refuse to.

I was, in fact, embarrassed by the recklessness of the Kerry campaign and Kerry himself in this regard. It calls into question the ability of current U.S. leaders to really judge the impact of new technologies.

Goebbels is spinning in his grave. He wrote the book on exploiting newspapers and radio; he never imagined that another broadcast medium, the Internet, could serve as interference to the plans of the censors and thought-molders by giving freedom to publish.

When this is all over, an interesting book to write would cover how the Internet has forever changed politics. Political machines and a complicit press can never again hold hegemony over political information. (Of course, one unfortunate side effect is that unfree countries will become even more paranoid and restrictive regarding Internet access.)

People now compete on the Internet based on their wits, not on their wallets. Further, the mental feebleness, recklessness, hysteria, logical thinking errors and ludicrousness of the leftists stands out to reasonable people like a sore thumb when compared to the writings of intelligent conservatives.

I think that candidates for high office are going to need to become a lot more factual about their resumes, and a lot more consistent about their positions, thanks to the World Library Computer aspects of the Internet.

FDL
Redview
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: just this Reply with quote

Rush commented on this the other day. The main stream
networks, and papers were unprepared for this.

They no longer have the monopoly on what information people get.

I think they have just been in denial for awhile.

They are freaked out, and don't know how to fight all the
information we can get.
We can all network ourselves now.

I don't think they have a way to fight this.
They used to be able to frame what to let us have.

Not annnnyyyymoooore!
JohM
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both of you. Kerry is being damaged by his own puffery. But the Press, they are laying the foundation for their own demise. There are oh so many factors but I'll touch only one - sourcing.

It has become abundantly clear (even to me one who be a little dense) that the press corps can no longer do research. In some cases thay don't even look thru thier own galleys. The lack of beng able to backgrounds and challenge erronous data is the Press's job. That is what will undo the press.

When people see that they have been fed lies they will tune out and look for alternate sources.

JohnM
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internet and talk radio are definitely the big honking machines that are displaying the SBVT charge of the truth against kerry, and neither the kerry campaign or the popular liberal media can stop those two things, and it's a brautiful thing to see. Any rational person who really wants to know the truth, can, will, and are referring to talk radio and the internet to get the truth about kerry. And now with the book, this is even a bigger threat to the deceitful house of lies that kerry has built for himself the past 35 years. This is a mess of his own doing, and now the truth that he deliberately ignored and stepped on all those long years is coming back to land square on his face, and seal his political career as done forever.
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good points rocket....many years ago I had an APHistory teacher who was very demanding of her students...he favorite line was "pay me now or pay me later" and believe me, while paying "now" was hard, paying later was oh so much worse. That can be applied to almost anything and Kerry's campaign(s) are no exception. While he has managed to not "pay" for all these many years, he will eventually have to...and when he does, it will be much worse BECAUSE of intervening years of lies and spin. I, for one, hope that pay day is soon.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw on C-span one of those reporters round tables and one of them complained people can now get unedited news. LOL .He seemed upset that the MSM couldn't control what information got out to the public.
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmudd wrote:
I saw on C-span one of those reporters round tables and one of them complained people can now get unedited news. LOL .He seemed upset that the MSM couldn't control what information got out to the public.

Well, clearly he should have been doing his job, hewing to the five W's and one H. And I thought we weren't supposed to be having our news censored?
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many reporters look down on the average person.They think they know what is best for us to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: