SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's Viet Nam record - Relevant? Why?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinnie Z
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Viet Nam record - Relevant? Why? Reply with quote

People keep asking "Why is his record so important? What does that have to do with his ability to be Commander In Chief? Who cares about this stuff the Swift Boat vets are saying?"

Most people respond by saying "Well Kerry brought it up. Kerry's running on his military record". But that doesn't really end the debate.

Here is the main reason his history is so important -
Kerry turned on his fellow soldiers with his broad, sweeping accusations of US war crimes.

Why is that important? Because the UN wants to be able to bring US Soldiers to trial. The UN wants to be able to arrest and imprison our soldiers and have them stand trial by countries that are less than friendly to the US.

Kerry has proven by his past actions that he will not defend our soldiers against a corrupt United Nations or France, who has conned all of Europe into allowing them to grab up power in the EU. Kerry will willingly hand over our soldiers to appease these people. I find that disgusting.

I can't find the quote, so I can't 100% verify this (maybe someone else can prove or disprove this) but President Bush said he would not allow foreign courts to try our soldiers and if our soldiers are ever held, he will send soldiers into the Hague to take them home.

I think that in order for our soldiers to maintain the will to fight and die for this country, they have to have 100% faith that they will not be sold out by their commanders, their government or their country. Soldiers need to know their country will defend them as hard as they defend their country.

I would like to see this angle played up more in the discussions and in the advertisements. I think it's a valid point, gives a lot more weight to why the Swift Boat Vets are putting themselves on the line, and it's a huge reason for people to NOT vote for Kerry. It shows the relevance of Kerry's past, disarms the arguments (valid or not) about President Bush's service, and gives regular folks like myself the chance to show our deep appreciation for the military and the individual soldiers through our votes.

Thanks for all you guys have done!

-Vin.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent points, Vinnie.

We think about Kerry's history so much, we forget to talk in specific terms about why he would be a bad CinC right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: