SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Borders in Bowie, MD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Borders in Bowie, MD Reply with quote

My husband and I went to Borders to see what the status was on the book. Of course, there's a wait list and even then there is no guarantee that you'll get your copy when it comes in. They had two signs up saying that the book is not in stock. We had a look at the waitlist and at that time there were 43 names on the list - I went and put my name on the list. Ahead of me was a woman putting her name down on the list. I asked her why she wanted to get the book. Now, this area is very Democratic (Barbara Mikulski is our senator Confused ).

She said that she'd been doing research to find out his positions so she would know what she was voting for. We had a very enlightening conversation, and she called herself a Bush Democrat.

Oh, and she that it was the same thing at Barnes & Noble (which is about 2 miles away).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: