SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry calls on Bush to please stop....INCREDIBLE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Kerry calls on Bush to please stop....INCREDIBLE! Reply with quote

From the Associated Press:

EAST HAMPTON, N.Y. - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) on Saturday night urged President Bush (news - web sites) to "stand up and stop" what he called personal attacks on him over his combat record in Vietnam........ and so on

A few thoughts...

In some respect this is classic politicking... sort of like if Kerry asked GWB if he still beats his wife - many people won't notice this, however and think that Kerry's call for the President to stop something he can't control implies that the President really can control it.

But still - I think he's getting a little desperate. Does Kerry really think the President can put a stop to the truth which is now being heard? If GWB called me on the phone tonight and asked me to stop talking about this, stop reading 'Unfit for Command' and stop supporting the SBVFT - I would repectfully decline. Of course we know the President isn't going to call me tonight or anyone else and beg them to go easy on Kerry.

Which begs the question - Why is Kerry so concerned? If there is nothing but lies here - aren't people smart enough to see this? Perhaps Kerry gives people more credit than your typical Democratic Party Candidate. Perhaps he realizes people are smart enough to know what they are learning here is real and they should be concerned. All Kerry has done by calling for the President to step in, in a public way, is provide further proof that he is really worried and this is really hurting him.

This is good and fair, of course. John Kerry did some things that he should be held accountable for. He learned about accountability in his training as a Naval Officer (as I did) and now he gets to see how it works first hand, with the American voter judging him for his actions. I hope the electorate is wise enough to see him for what he is.

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
JonMoseley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, notice the hypocrisy and contradiction: Bush is accused of coordinating with the SBVT. Yet if he had the power to tell them to stop then he WOULD be coordinating with SBVT. So, Kerry is baiting Bush to admit to a violation of federal law. If Bush were to tell the SBVT to stop, Bush would be admitting to having the power to coordinate with an independent 527 group. If Bush fell for Kerry's trap, Bush would be admitting to a criminal act of violating federal campaign finance laws.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree its truly silly of Kerry to keep on asking that the President shut up Veterans.

Kerry is shocked. But he has gotten away with this before, The Swift Vets can not relax, the job is not done. Kerry got away with his Congressional Testimony for years.

The record is not corrected
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Kerry wetting himself? Easy, the average IQ is 100. Those below it are his base, those at it are "independants".
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only do we continue to hear Kerry whine and beg Bush to stop the ads, but Edwards has jumped into the ring as well. Edwards is begging Bush to stop the ads. What a bunch of Democratic hogwash.

Stand Firm SBVT -- Stand Your Ground -- Don't Give In -- Keep Running The Ads!
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after reading this, the Kerry Campaign just got another ammo clip...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/21/edwards.swiftboat/index.html
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story was broken by the BUSH campaign itself and the person was immediately fired (well resigned but it is the same thing). We say that the president did the right thing and that we were careless. End of story.

Truth is Beauty
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be dense - but I don't understand why this would be an issue. The media is totally uninterested in links between the DNC and groups like Move On. Yet the first time I saw a Move On ad on TV, I figured there were probably one or two Democrats involved in the production. It didn't take CNN to break the story for me. To somehow claim that it is scandalous for Republicans to support SBVFT is ludicrous. Even more outlandish, is that unlike Move On, if one studies the matter, it is easy to see that there are actually some Democrats who support SBVFT

The election law as written probably puts both parties in technical violation, although it seems hard to define words like coordination and cooperate. We know that Move On and SBVFT and other 527 groups each have their agenda. The Democrats seem more interested in talking about links and fundraising and shutting down the SBVFT than they do in trying to deny the claims made by this group. They pursue censorship instead of discourse, which of course is nothing new.

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992

Last edited by Tony on Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the same Kerry that stood on stage with Whhopie Goldberg and John Melloncamp and told of how these were real people?

Is the same Kerry that added fuel to the fire when the DNC questioned the President's military service?

Is the same Kerry that hasn't said a word about the Michael Moore Movie?

Is this the same Kerry that sends out the Champion of the Chappaquidick 500 to call the President a liar?

Why do people not answer his question with those questions?
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
derekAL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Swift Boat Vets!!!!
Keep up what you are doing.

The Democrats want you to go away and stop the ads while they parade around an idiot like Michael Moore at the Democratic Convention that produces his "so called true documentaries" about the president. Looks to me like you guys have just begun to level the playing field.

Please keep up what you are doing

Derek

Screw Kerry
Screw Edwards
Screw Michael Moore
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: