SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thurlow Sign 180! Come on Jacques!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all, but I'm just going to salute your service and move on.

The Hoffman hypocrisy has just floored me -- this is supposed to be about truth, and this man is now smearing Kerry (and those who served around him) for acts he commended at the time.

Tired of elections without good choices ...
Powerboss
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the source of the original article?
HardCorps
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, once again your question is honest and relevant, but the media has twisted the simple reality into some sinister plot concerning the endorsements made in 1996 Senate election by Adm. Hoffman, Capt Elliot, Capt Lonsdale for Senator Kerry. When Kerry indicted all the men of his Coastal Division specifically on national television at the 1971 senate hearing, he painted with a broad brush all swift vets as committing war crimes and years later Kerry's political opponent was trying to use this and Kerry's shooting of a lone VC in the back as political hay. Adm Hoffman and the others were consistent by refuting the war criminal label (brought on by Kerry himself) and did not want to see Kerry's opponent smear all Swifties once again. They also pointed out then and now that the lone VC Kerry shot was not a crime because he was not trying to surrender. Again no inconsistency. Since that time, Kerry's Book, his actions as a Senator, and his reversal of anti-Vietnam to war hero at the DNC convention have changed many minds.

Answer me this, have you ever seen a person support someone running for Congress, Mayor, or Governor, who later sincerely opposed him being Commander in Chief. Happens all the time for good reason. A Senator from Massachusetts does not command the entire Armed Forces but now that he is running for President that changes everything- Take it from me, Kerry is not Qualified for that higher job.

If the fact that the North Vietnamese government repeatedly used Kerry's reckless and deliberately imprecise statements to torture American POW' s Paul Galanti, Jim Warner, John Flynn and others does not make you want to support the Swifties, what will?
-ANGLICO FAC - Iraqi Freedom
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what would help for some of the skeptics would be to post an example of what an after action report which lists damage gunfire and casualties looks like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: