SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did Swift Boat Vets get Kerry's permission to post this pic?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Real_Patriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Did Swift Boat Vets get Kerry's permission to post this pic? Reply with quote

http://www.swiftvets.com/PressRelease051704.htm

Since you're whining about how you weren't asked for your permission for this public photo to be used, did you get Kerry's permission to use his likeness in your smear campaign? A simple Yes or No will suffice.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Did Swift Boat Vets get Kerry's permission to post this Reply with quote

Real_Patriot wrote:

Since you're whining about how you weren't asked for your permission for this public photo to be used, did you get Kerry's permission to use his likeness in your smear campaign? A simple Yes or No will suffice.

Of course a "yes" or "no" is what you want. Wink

Their use of the photo is to illustrate their story, while a more accurate version is shown for comparison.

Kerry's use of it implies that these men support him - even after the majority had already publicly denounced his likely fitness as CinC.

Having had the distinctly unpleasant experience of having had some of my graphic work stolen and used in advertising to imply my support of a two-bit con-artist, I understand their rancor, completely.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting a picture of Public SERVANT does not fall within the same category as him posting pictures of Private Citizens for his own personal gain.
Real_Patriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Posting a picture of Public SERVANT does not fall within the same category as him posting pictures of Private Citizens for his own personal gain.

Really? In that pic, he's a "public SERVANT" but everyone else are "Private Citizens"? How come the Swift Boat Vets captioned it, "a picture of the 20 officers photographed at An Thoi"?

And let's not forget the Swift Boat Smear Operatives are posting it for exactly the same reason as Kerry: in support of a political agenda. How come it's OK for you guys to do it, but not Kerry? In fact, how come it's OK to alter it in Photoshop to single out the likenesses of a few people, to push that political agenda even farther? If Kerry ever did such a thing he'd be crucified -- but it's OK for you guys.

I repeat: did the Swift Boat Vets obtain Kerry's permission to use this photograph as part of their smear campaign?

Did it obtain the permission of the following people in the photograph, or permission from their estates, to use their likenesses in a political smear campaign?

William Imbrie (not involved)
Skip Barker (for Kerry)
Rich Baker (not involved)
Ralph Dobson (for Kerry)
Frank Gilbert (deceased)
Robert Crosby (deceased)
Rich MaCann (not involved)
Michael Bernique (not involved)
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real_Patriot wrote:

And let's not forget the Swift Boat Smear Operatives are posting it for exactly the same reason as Kerry: in support of a political agenda.

No, it's not.

The SBVFT has posted it to illustrate their complaint.

Their complaint is that the majority of them have publicly denounced Kerry for CinC and that using their likenesses in his campaign is misleading.
Real_Patriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Did Swift Boat Vets get Kerry's permission to post this Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Real_Patriot wrote:

Of course a "yes" or "no" is what you want. Wink

Their use of the photo is to illustrate their story, while a more accurate version is shown for comparison.

Kerry's use of it implies that these men support him - even after the majority had already publicly denounced his likely fitness as CinC.

Having had the distinctly unpleasant experience of having had some of my graphic work stolen and used in advertising to imply my support of a two-bit con-artist, I understand their rancor, completely.

Thank you for pointing out the version that was altered in Photoshop to be "more accurate" -- according to the Swift Boat Vets, of course. Did they obtain Barker and Dobson's permission to use their likeness in their smear campaign? If not, why is it OK for the Smear Boat Vets to use the photo for a political agenda, but not Kerry? By altering the photo to imply only two people supported Kerry, they also presume to speak for those in the photo who did not choose to become involved in the smear campaign -- or worse, are now deceased and cannot speak for themselves. This is far more deceptive and disrespectful than anything Kerry has done.

I'm frankly appalled at a group of Vietnam veterans such as the Swift Boat Vets so willing to smear other veterans for a cheap political attack. The only mitigation I see is most of them probably don't realize the extent to which they're being used and discarded by the real GOP dirty-tricks experts, O'Neill and Spaeth.

Last edited by Real_Patriot on Fri May 21, 2004 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Real_Patriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Real_Patriot wrote:

And let's not forget the Swift Boat Smear Operatives are posting it for exactly the same reason as Kerry: in support of a political agenda.

No, it's not.

The SBVFT has posted it to illustrate their complaint.

Their complaint is that the majority of them have publicly denounced Kerry for CinC and that using their likenesses in his campaign is misleading.

If that were true, and they used the photo only to illustrate their complaint, they wouldn't have posted the second, altered version in the VERY SAME press release, with a sarcastic comment added:

http://www.swiftvets.com/Index2/PressR2.jpg

The Swift Boat Vets for Bush are doing exactly what they criticize Kerry for doing -- but not holding themselves to the same standard of accountability. Their campaign is a cheap political attack, plain and simple. Luckily no one in the mainstream media is taking you guys seriously.
Craig

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Real_Patriot"][quote="Navy_Navy_Navy"]
Real_Patriot wrote:

Luckily no one in the mainstream media is taking you guys seriously.

ROTFLMAO
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real_Patriot wrote:
LewWaters wrote:

Really? In that pic, he's a "public SERVANT" but everyone else are "Private Citizens"? How come the Swift Boat Vets captioned it, "a picture of the 20 officers photographed at An Thoi"?

Kerry is a US Senator and a candidate for office of President of the United States. That means that photographs of him fall under news/celebrity status. Something you can research if you like. Your argument has no validity.
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Did Swift Boat Vets get Kerry's permission to post this Reply with quote

Real_Patriot wrote:

More of the delusion that allows you to support a war criminal?

Kerry is in the public domain. None of the others in the picture are.

Kerry SHOULD have received permission to use anyone else's image but his own... if for no other reason then common decency.

Of course, if he's going to lie to us through using a picture with the images of others, many of whom have written and asked him to STOP using that image... one can only imagine what other illegal, unethical and despicable things he'll do to get elected.
Craig

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
Real_Patriot wrote:
LewWaters wrote:

Kerry is a US Senator and a candidate for office of President of the United States. That means that photographs of him fall under news/celebrity status. Something you can research if you like. Your argument has no validity.

Usually I would just enter after the last post in a thread like this - but that
95 bxl is just too shrill with screetching that "war criminal" crap.

I am mostly in agreement that the Kerry campain should not use such a picture under the circumstance that some folks in it are opposed to its use.

But again I have seen often enough of politicians of whatever idealogy publishing class or company photo's in their campains.
So just counting in relation to polls and applying that to some company photo there would be close to even split opposed to either candidate right now were his campain to display such a picture.

Then I think about the flag draped coffin displayed in a Bush campain commercial. Does anyone know who was in that coffin and how he might have voted were he not dead? No one can ask him - or her - how they might feel about being exploited so.
Real_Patriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
Real_Patriot wrote:
LewWaters wrote:

And the Swift Vets have legally filed as a 527 public advocacy group, centered their smear campaign around its people voluntarily placing their names on a petition, and have been desperately seeking attention in the news media with public press releases and events. That makes them public figures in the news as well -- in fact, that's their primary goal. How come it's OK for them to use Kerry's photo in their public campaign, but not the reverse?

And why do they condemn Kerry's use of their images for political purposes without their permission, then turn around and use Barker and Dobson's images for political purposes without their permission? No one here seems to be able to answer that.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real_Patriot wrote:
How come it's OK for them to use Kerry's photo in their public campaign, but not the reverse?

And why do they condemn Kerry's use of their images for political purposes without their permission, then turn around and use Barker and Dobson's images for political purposes without their permission? No one here seems to be able to answer that.

I'll try. Political payback, and an effective one at that...nicely done Swifties!

I doubt you'll be seeing that picture used by Kerry again, but, if it is, expect more of the same until it becomes inextricably identified with the contempt for Kerry that, I'd wager, most Vets hold.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
Real_Patriot wrote:
LewWaters wrote:

To: rush@eibnet.com (Rush Limbaugh)
Date: 5/21/04
Subject: A real laugh

Dear Mr. Limbaugh,

I am forwarding you an entire thread from the "Swiftvets.com" public bulletin board. It is my belief your audience will enjoy hearing about a truly demented leftwing attack that can truly be described as spectacular.
The Swiftvets are hypocrites because the don't want John Kerry to use THEIR military pictures with him as a campaign booster, but they post a picture with him on it (a picture of a U.S. Senator) on their website to illustrate their complaint.

I mean, at first I thought this poster was joking, but his replies mean he's serious. Angry-psycho-left serious!

The only unfortunate aspect of this truly delicious imbecility is that the fine military and former-military personnel here are actually wasting their time trying to debate with this fellow.

By the way, the fellow's screen name is "Real Patriot." He neglects to mention which Communist country he is a patriot of.

Regards,

Fort Dix Lover
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real_Patriot wrote:
Greenhat wrote:
Real_Patriot wrote:
LewWaters wrote:

And the Swift Vets have legally filed as a 527 public advocacy group, centered their smear campaign around its people voluntarily placing their names on a petition, and have been desperately seeking attention in the news media with public press releases and events. That makes them public figures in the news as well -- in fact, that's their primary goal. How come it's OK for them to use Kerry's photo in their public campaign, but not the reverse?

Why yes... yes it is, since you asked.

You see, being in an organization in and of itself, in no way makes one a "public figure." Tho I can see your warped thinking process in action, the phrase "public figure" for purposes of using an image has never been "any member of organization X is also automatically a public figure."

The images Kerry are now illegally using are NOT of "public figures." They are of men who, in many instances, have asked him to cease and desist. His continued use of their images bespeaks the type of scum that Kerry actually is, totally unconcerned about anyone but himself

Quote:

I'll answer it: Only one person involved here is running for the Presidency in this instance. What others do, or do not do, is absolutely irrelevant to what Kerry does, or does not do.

I would have thought that you would have learned as a 5 year old that the "But Tommy's mom lets HIM do it" argument has no merit.

At the end of the day, not only does Kerry NOT have permission, but he is ignoring the direct wishes of the men involved. And for that, the little war criminal has NO excuse.

Last edited by 95 bxl on Fri May 21, 2004 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: