SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To All Kerry supporters: Correct me if I`m wrong

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: To All Kerry supporters: Correct me if I`m wrong Reply with quote

I have spent many hours reading books and searching web sites to learn as much as possible about John Kerry`s conduct during his stay in Vietnam and his relationship with the VVAW after the war. I`m writing down much and my suspicians are many but I have to gather more evidence prior to posting my personal conclusions. But would it be fair and accurate to conclude the following : ? " John Kerry was awarded three Purple Hearts for three minor wounds and used those awards for a quick exit from Vietnam. He then turned on the ones he left behind by accusing them of atrocities and war crimes equal in scope and brutality to Genghis Khan and his maruding mongols." So tell me Kerry supporters, do I have everything right so far?
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to decide for yourself if those vets who did commit atrocities equalled Gengis Khan. It's hard t measure things like that.

Start here with this Pulitzer Prize winning report when you make this comparison:

Quote:
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SRTIGERFORCE

And make sure you remember that Kerry didn't say anything about all vets in Vietnam.
Craig

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: To All Kerry supporters: Correct me if I`m wrong Reply with quote

Jack Mclaughlin wrote:
I have spent many hours reading books and searching web sites to learn as much as possible about John Kerry`s conduct during his stay in Vietnam and his relationship with the VVAW after the war. I`m writing down much and my suspicians are many but I have to gather more evidence prior to posting my personal conclusions. But would it be fair and accurate to conclude the following : ? " John Kerry was awarded three Purple Hearts for three minor wounds and used those awards for a quick exit from Vietnam. He then turned on the ones he left behind by accusing them of atrocities and war crimes equal in scope and brutality to Genghis Khan and his maruding mongols." So tell me Kerry supporters, do I have everything right so far?

It sounded like the wounds weren't much. The first certainly sounds like it was pretty silly to count for anything.
He used what was the rules to return to the States. What might have been his motives? I dunno. I can speculate that it might have been the worst reasons that people who hate him would accuse. I could speculate that he wanted to return to make complaint about something he had come to feel strongly about. Anyone who would claim to know for sure on the evidence I have seen I would think them a fool.
Turning on the ones he left behind is a claim that I figure to be a gross mischaracterization promoted most strongly by folks with devious agenda and adhered to by many with more and less sincerity but most blinded by hate and determination to another agenda. Many are obviously disingenuous.
Maybe about the wounds all being minor. I went half a day once with a broken hand. It was aweful thick hand and I hel up until at bayonett practice the seargant told us to let go with left hand. I'd been faking it pretty well until then but when I only had right hand to hold it up my M1 hit the dirt and I went on sick call and finished my last month of basic training with a cast on my hand.
Maybe if I'd been in combat and broke it pounding the daylights out of an enemy I could have gotten a purple heart. I'd have probably desired such a neat decoration but the nature of my ego at the time would have never requested one.

Anyway. Just because someone did not take a day off or only took off a couple I would not draw great conclusions about the severity of his wounds.
Yea - that first one does sound like the sort of thing I'd have pretty determinedly dug out myself and that I have probably hurt myself more working on a car and didn't bother binding hand until the wrench might get too slippery to handle.

I got a kick out of a fellow in an Iraq invasion news video. He was wounded and being carried on a strecher but still not quit the battle. He was shooting from the strecher.
About only conclusion I would make about him was that he wasn't a crybaby who let getting shot make him lie down and give up.
I gather that Kerry got at least one piece of shrapnel that managed to get deep enough that they decided to leave it there.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
And make sure you remember that Kerry didn't say anything about all vets in Vietnam.

But he did say;

"war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command. "

and

"The country doesn’t know it yet, but it has created a monster, a monster in the form of millions of men who have been taught to deal and to trade in violence"
Craig

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JN173 wrote:
sparky wrote:

But he did say;

"war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command. "

and

"The country doesn’t know it yet, but it has created a monster, a monster in the form of millions of men who have been taught to deal and to trade in violence"

There were many isolated incidents. I don't know how many isolated insicents might add up to a trend.
"day to day" - I don't know if he was specific about then when he expressed regret for overstating his case - in anger.
LOL - Is that like Karma that folks overstate their case against him in their anger now?

"monster" well, there was multitude of folks taught viloence. Most got over it. I've known some who haven't.
I've been wondering if todays denials might undermine denials of the past?
Were the troops in some of them photo's and video's created monsters or already monsters?
If it was just a select few who would act like that what would you think the weeding out or selection process that packed such number in one place that one out of who knows how many would not stand for that crap and reported it?
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: To All Kerry supporters: Correct me if I`m wrong Reply with quote

Jack Mclaughlin wrote:

I'm not a supporter, but I have a correction.

According to articles quoting founders of this site, the statement "John Kerry was awarded three Purple Hearts for three minor wounds and used those awards for a quick exit from Vietnam" should be:

"John Kerry was awarded three Purple Hearts for three minor wounds and his commanders used those awards to get him the hell out of their hair and out of Vietnam."

See Vet: Officers told Kerry to leave Vietnam
Colleagues couldn't take John's behavior, attitudes anymore

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38483
Craig

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: To All Kerry supporters: Correct me if I`m wrong Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Jack Mclaughlin wrote:

I'm not a supporter, but I have a correction.

According to articles quoting founders of this site, the statement "John Kerry was awarded three Purple Hearts for three minor wounds and used those awards for a quick exit from Vietnam" should be:

"John Kerry was awarded three Purple Hearts for three minor wounds and his commanders used those awards to get him the hell out of their hair and out of Vietnam."

See Vet: Officers told Kerry to leave Vietnam
Colleagues couldn't take John's behavior, attitudes anymore

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38483

Do you suppose they threatened to frag him?
What of the ones who actually served on his boat and support him? Did they go ahead and drive any of them out of Vietnam too?
Would you not expect his supporters to be some as bad or worse than he was?

Have you any reasoning powers at all?
Oops. Silly question. How would you know?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: