SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unbelievable sample of Media Stupidity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Unbelievable sample of Media Stupidity Reply with quote

An excellent example of mainstream media stupidity. There is much to be learned here regarding the media attacks on SwiftVets:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/007561.php

The empire strikes back

We long ago quit reading the editorials of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Our pain threshold simply isn't that high. As I met or spoke with the editors at the Strib over the years -- Susan Albright, Kate Stanley, Jim Boyd, Dave Hage, et al. -- I was struck by their lack of knowledge regarding most of the issues they opined about, their lack of interest in the coherence of their own arguments from one day to the next, their lack of intellectual integrity, their willingness to convert today's Democratic Party talking points into tomorrow's editorial, their refusal ever to articulate fairly a serious argument contrary to their own position, their sheer bullying use of their bully pulpit (remember the case of Dan Cohen, among others), and their refusal to admit a contrary voice to their numbers. As Republican former Senator Rudy Boschwitz has noted that their unanimity is handy because it makes the editorial board meetings so much shorter .... Today, ladies and gentlemen, Exhibit A in the Star Tribune's ruthless efforts to becloud of the issues of the day in the service of the Democratic Party is the column by editorial board member Jim Boyd attacking your humble Power Line servants. Boyd's column is "Republican smear machine can't stand up to the facts" ( http://www.startribune.com/stories/1519/4939470.html ). The column is Boyd's response to our "Apocalypse Kerry" that ran in the Star Tribune this past Wednesday.

It is with utter incredulity that I read the Star Tribune column. It is truly indicative of the sub-dilettante level of thinking that has infected the MSM.

Johnson and Hinderaker's PowerLine Blog story is well worth reading. The SwifVets are attacked by the same "experts" as those who wrote the Star Tribune story defending Kerry.

FDL
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Unbelievable sample of Media Stupidity Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
An excellent example of mainstream media stupidity. There is much to be learned here regarding the media attacks on SwiftVets:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/007561.php

The empire strikes back

We long ago quit reading the editorials of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Our pain threshold simply isn't that high. As I met or spoke with the editors at the Strib over the years -- Susan Albright, Kate Stanley, Jim Boyd, Dave Hage, et al. -- [i]I was struck by their lack of knowledge regarding most of the issues they opined about
, their lack of interest in the coherence of their own arguments from one day to the next, their lack of intellectual integrity, their willingness to convert today's Democratic Party talking points into tomorrow's editorial, their refusal ever to articulate fairly a serious argument contrary to their own position, their sheer bullying use of their bully pulpit (remember the case of Dan Cohen, among others), and their refusal to admit a contrary voice to their numbers. As Republican former Senator Rudy Boschwitz has noted that their unanimity is handy because it makes the editorial board meetings so much shorter .... Today, ladies and gentlemen, Exhibit A in the Star Tribune's ruthless efforts to becloud of the issues of the day in the service of the Democratic Party is the column by editorial board member Jim Boyd attacking your humble Power Line servants. Boyd's column is "Republican smear machine can't stand up to the facts" ( http://www.startribune.com/stories/1519/4939470.html ). The column is Boyd's response to our "Apocalypse Kerry" that ran in the Star Tribune this past Wednesday. [/i]

It is with utter incredulity that I read the Star Tribune column. It is truly indicative of the sub-dilettante level of thinking that has infected the MSM.

Johnson and Hinderaker's PowerLine Blog story is well worth reading. The SwifVets are attacked by the same "experts" as those who wrote the Star Tribune story defending Kerry.
FDL

I was struck by their lack of knowledge regarding most of the issues they opined about

Same thing with "Gun Control" issue.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Republican smear machine can't stand up to the facts"

The 'pubs are a smear machine; whereas, Soros, Moore, MoveOn.org, et al, are symbols of America's finest in factual journalism. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: