SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MY VIEW MY DISGUST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: MY VIEW MY DISGUST Reply with quote

Did he or didn't he? You remember, he remembers. The current debate over John Kerry's performance in the Vietnam War has been reduced to he said he said. Without undisputable documentation confusing rhetoric is the predictable result. It serves none, diminishes all.

One salient fact remains undisputed,John Kerry, publicly and freely confessed to committing war atrocities against the people of South Vietnam. Atrocities were committed in the Vietnam War,as in all wars. Americans were tried and convicted of those crimes.
We as a nation, signature to the Geneva Convention, are charged with the responsibility to investigate all allegations of war crimes. Mr.Kerry's own words, along with eye witness accounts, require the Untied States to action. Yet over thirty years after his confession no action has taken place. No investigation,no discussion,no action.

We now are engaged in a struggle for the very existence of our country. Islamic terrorist,determined and capable,wage war upon our nation. These terrorist, intent in our destruction, charge we are a corrupt and immoral people. In the face of these charges we,the people of the Untied States of America, nominate as moral leader of our country and commander of this nation's military a confessed war criminal.

The "elephant in the living room" can no longer be ignored. We cannot afford to allow, without examination of his statement, the candidacy of Mr. Kerry. To ignore his confession,to take no action on his confession,is to load the guns of our enemies.

They,the terrorists,charge immorality. How do we defend against such charge now?
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Kerry's own confession of being a war criminal --- makes him unfit to be CIC and POTUS ---

If Kerry isn't a war criminal (I suspect he isn't) then he is a LIAR --- and wasn't eight years of lying with Clinton enought for the DNC or do they not care that he is a LIAR

And being a self-promoting, opportunist, exagerrator also hampers his character which impacts his fitness for CIC and POTUS
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry supporters' current defense that Kerry was only relating the atrocoties seen by others is irrelevant. He testified to those things as though he himself had seen them and he is and was responsible for determining their veracity. He chose not to do so. He is fully responsible for the content of his lies.
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, do not underestimate the cleverness of the liberals, they are
likely prepared with some backlash about the words and actions of
Kerry's after he came home. The fact is they have no integrity
and are very experienced with spinning after eight years of protecting
Clinton and wife.

They are trying to get the Swiftvets on the defense, instead of where it
belongs with their talk about Bush. They will continue to do this as
fast as they can, so stay on the offensive. Remember the best defense
is a good offensive, and no-one knows that better than soldiers.

The truth is the truth, but sometimes it is not all you need to prepare
yourself with, as the lies of Kerry are being told and some people will
believe them, but I think many more will start to think about him
and his continual lack of making a decision. I do not believe he is
making the decisions now, and I don't think he will if he is elected.
He is just a puppet ready to go where the liberals want. Wink
DEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 caliber machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.
-- John Kerry, on NBC's "Meet the Press" April 18, 1971

Note the use of the first person singular noun "I."

Eyewitness acounts of crimes by Kerry are recounted by fellow servicemen.

The geneva convention

Chapter IX. Repression of Abuses and Infractions

Art. 49. The High Contracting Parties undertake to enact any legislation necessary to provide effective penal sanctions for persons committing, or ordering to be committed, any of the grave breaches of the present Convention defined in the following Article.

Each High Contracting Party shall be under the obligation to search for persons alleged to have committed, or to have ordered to be committed, such grave breaches, arid shall bring such persons, regardless of their nationality, before its own courts. It may also, if it prefers, and in accordance with the provisions of its own legislation, hand such persons over for trial to another High Contracting Party concerned, provided such High Contracting Party has made out a prima facie case.

Each High Contracting Party shall take measures necessary for the suppression of all acts contrary to the provisions of the present Convention other than the grave breaches defined in the following Article.

In all circumstances, the accused persons shall benefit by safeguards of proper trial and defense, which shall not be less favorable than those provided by Article 105 and those following, of the Geneva Convention relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War of 12 August 1949.

Art. 50. Grave breaches to which the preceding Article relates shall be those involving any of the following acts, if committed against persons or property protected by the Convention: willful killing, torture or inhuman treatment, including biological experiments, willfully causing great suffering or serious injury to body or health, and extensive destruction and appropriation of property, not justified by military necessity and carried out unlawfully and wantonly.

Art. 51. No High Contracting Party shall be allowed to absolve itself or any other High Contracting Party of any liability incurred by itself or by another High Contracting Party in respect of breaches referred to in the preceding Article.

I'm not refering to his statements to congress. I'm refering to his PERSONAL confession of crimes. There has NOT been the required investagion. He has NOT retracted the confession. I am outraged!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: