SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sgt. Mount reporting for duty and
Honored to join your ranks.

Enlisted Sept. 66, Jump school April 67, With 82nd Airborne Ft. Bragg May-Oct. 67.
Sent to 101st at Ft. Campbell Oct. 67, Assigned to D Co. 2/501st. Inf. ...11B4P
Entire 2nd & 3rd brigades of the 101st deployed to RVN Dec. 13th 1967
By late Jan. 68, we were working out of LZ Sally.
Feb. 21st, Tet 68, just outside Hue, 1st PH & a BS w/V, 2 comrades got CMH's ( Kerry really sucks)
1 month at Cam Rayn Bay hospital and right back to my unit.
Team leader on a M-60 .
Tagged in April and again in Aug. (Kerry really sucks)
Sent to hospital in Japan then to hospital in Ft. Lost in the Woods. (Kerry really sucks)
Pushed troops through Repo Depo my last 10 months at Ft. Riley.
ETS Sept. 69
I really hated LBJ and have been a Republican ever since.
I'm a cranky old paratrooper and I approved this message.

Al Mount

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here! :) Reply with quote

Tincanman wrote:
administrator wrote:
Welcome to our "Veterans & Active Duty Military" Forum.

As a courtesy to your fellow brothers & sisters-in-arms, please "report-in" with a brief description of your military background.

Welcome Aboard! and Thanks For Your Service!

Thanks for inviting me aboard.
I'm a proud veteran, even though I didn't serve in Viet Nam. As we all remember, there was a mighty big world outside of that area. Some of us spent lots of time defending this country in other places.
I served in the USN from January of '62 to May of '66 (the last four months courtesy of MacNamara Evil or Very Mad ...but that's a story for another day). I spent 3 years at sea as part of the Destroyer Navy.
I don't know if anyone has talked about this before now, but I am getting awfully PO'ed at these idiots who think the only service having merit is in Viet Nam. From the bottom of my heart, I salute each and every man and woman who went there, but we who served in other parts of the world are being made out to be somehow less "patriotic". We went where we were ordered.
Tincanman

Tincanman; Welcome!!
We're all proud vets posting and supporting our branch of the service. When the torpedoe's and 16" guns are blazing nobody wants a thing to do with fires,sharks and drowning.
George
Recognize combat Vietnam Vet
Tin can sailor 61-65
USS Buchanan DDG-14
Tonkin Gulf 1963 & 65
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Big Red 1 Reply with quote

Big Red 1 wrote:
My name is Bob Auel, Hi to all my bros who served, and welcome home hope you are well. I served in Vietnam from 1967 to 1968 during TET with the Big Red 1 on a 105 artillery gun section as assistant gunner. Lai khe was are base camp and we had firebases in Quan Loi, An lock and many areas in the Iron Triangle. Fired 1 Million rounds of 105 shells in six months in country, Im also a DAV with a loss of hearing in both ears. I was in country for 1 year two days, does anyone know how Kerry only served for four months as we all had to serve for 1 year. When the swiftvets say they know what happened because they where there, but didnt serve on Kerrys boat our gun sections had six guns although I was on the number three gun I served with all the guys in the gun sections and we knew what happened on all the guns during a operation so when Kerry says you guys didnt serve on his ship you still knew what was going on with all the other boats. Again welcome home, God bless are troops in Iraq. Go Bush

Bob;
Recommended himself for purple hearts by manipulating the reports to his superiors. Military physicians sent him out of the office for superficial wounds and scratches as one of his commanders referred to them. Three purple hearts and your out of the combat zone.
Just a few months later he asked to leave the Navy altogether so he could run for political office and work for the Vietnam Veterans against the war where he trashed all of his comrades calling them baby killers!!!!!!!

Here's a couple of websites........

http://www.usvetdsp.com/kerry_unfit.htm

http://www.vnsfvetakerry.com/

http://hail.he.net/~danger/kerrylied/staticpages/index.php?page=200404140736

http://www.usvetdsp.com/jf_kerry.htm
Mustang0302
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Vets and ACDU - Muster Here Reply with quote

Request permission to come aboard!

USMC retired, 21 yrs service ('80-'01). Enlisted Phantom Phixer with VMFA-115 and VMFP-3, got my commission via MECEP, and became an Infantry Officer. Served and deployed with 2/4 (Magnificent Bastards) and 3/5 (Consummate Professionals - Get Some). Always received first class service from the Gator Navy. Still have a treasured ballcap given to me by a signalman aboard the USS San Bernardino (LST-1189). Never met a CIA guy (that I know of), and I don't carry my San Berdoo hat around in a briefcase.

I want to thank you Swift Boat Vets for coming forward...Bravo Zulu. This is awful...I know how difficult this must be for you all, but the truth must come out and I thank you for your present service with all the sincerity I can muster. Yours is an honorable cause.

For all, and especially for all the Vietnam Vets here, I am grateful for your service. Thank you for all you did, all you endured, and all you sacrificed. Most Americans have a vague notion that they "ought" to honor your service, and do not understand all the spin they are confronted by in the media. We all have a continuing duty to explain these issues to our families and friends, and to emphasize that these matters are far more important than mere politics.

Amazing...so many facts about Senator Kerry's service and VVAW activities have been floating around for decades like so much flotsam/ jetsam, and only as a result of a national campaign are they finally being picked up and exposed to the light of scrutiny.

Good Luck, Swiftvets. I'm with you, and my contribution is on the way. Help us all correct this record once and for all. We still have a war to fight.

Last edited by Mustang0302 on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
LisaUSN81
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Thanks... Reply with quote

...I'm honored to be welcomed here.

My name is Lisa, I'm ex-Navy (1981-1987) CTI2---Crypto-Tech (linquist), and served in Sinop Turkey and Rota Spain. My whole family is Military: My Dad (passed away 1997) was in the Air Force for 26 years, served in Korea and Vietnam as a Jet Engine Mechanic, and my Mom was in the Women's Army Air Corp (1945-49). My brother Jeff is retired Air Force, my brother Steve was in the Marines (passed away 1977), and my sister is retired Air Force. We are most definately a Military family.

I look forward to participating in this forum. Thanks!
ivnurse
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Great to be here. Reply with quote

My Name is Randy. I am a veteran of Desert Storm. Air Force Medic stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB in January of 1991 and sent overseas on the night that the bombing started. I have a hard time saying I am a veteran of a foreign war as I had a nice cushy aircraft hanger to spend my time waiting on the thousands of soldiers, sailors and marines that would be coming our way for treatment. I did not see any combat and watched the war unfold on CNN from ourr 250 bed hospital set-up in a hanger in Frankfurt, Germany at Rhein Mein AFB. We saw few patients and most of those were training accidents (for this I am grateful). You combat guys kicked some major butt and made us very proud of the great job you did.
I would also like to thank those that served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. I have the distinct pleasure of meeting many of our WWII veterans as I am now a nurse and work with many veterans in my business. Unfortunately most of them are in Nursing Homes. But, I would like to remind people to thank a Vet for their service as a lot of the WWII Vets I meet still wear hats and keep plaques and memorabilia from their service.
Take time to thank that old man or woman who served so long ago. They are proud and they smile any time you thank them.
Randy
35th MSW
Little Doc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reporting in Reply with quote

Corpsman, 68 and 69. The Rockpile, Camp Carroll, Da Nang

Yes, we all have our stories, but most of us choose to be humble about things we did or did not do in the line of duty. I'm just glad to still be alive today to see our day to speak. Keep it alive for those who did not make it.

Semper Fi
chemung
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Permission to come Aboard Reply with quote

First time here. I thought I would introduce myself.

USN 1966 to 1970

Boot camp:
Great Lakes 5/66

USS Chemung AO30:
1966 to 1968

NAVSUPACT Danang:
7/68 to 7/69 (Camp Tien Sha, Refreigerated Provisions, YFR888- Chu Li, Tam Mi, Cau Viet river)

USS Passumpsic AO107:
8/69 to 1/70

Discharged:
1/6/70 (Richard Nixon's reduction in manpower).

Highest Rank Attained:
Seaman (by choise, never busted)

By the way. While serving on the USS Chemung I broke some ribs off the coast of Viet Nam. I was highlined to a Coast Guard Cutter then lowered to a Swift to Cat Lo. Some Aussies in an ambulance took me to an Army Hospital near by for treatment then returned to Cat Lo. That was just before Thanksgiving of 1967. Spent a couple of days at Cat Lo. When I left Chemung my buddy packed dress blues. I was wearing working uniform with a t-shirt. At Cat Lo they would not let me in the mess hall for a lack of a shirt. Good thing our Capt. handed me a few $$ before leaving Chemung. I was able to buy some Gedunks to get by on. Left Cat Lo for Subsic on a repair ship that was anchored in the bay. Spent Thanksgiving on that ship. Laughing
opie42_2004
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is David I'm an old Air force Medic 79-83 I'm honored to be here with my brothers and sisters who served. I was stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB. It was peacetime when I was in but still to this day if I'm called I will answer.
Savoy6
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Greg Natsch I was active duty Air Force medic from 1974-1978 serving at Keesler AFB and Izmir, Turkey. Ileft for 5 years returning to the Reserves in 1983 as a firefighter, then crossed back to medical and was a flight medic from 1986-1998. I cross trained to Security Forces. I have served in Desert Storm, Noble Eagle and overseas for Enduring Freedom. I retire in December 2003. I have served more than my weekend a month, 2 weeks a year. This only gives a brief topical coverage of almost 25 years of service.
Battleship Bob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BM2(SW) active duty '82-'88 onboard USS Hunley(AS-31) in Holy Loch, Scotland and onboard USS Iowa(BB-61) home-ported out of Norfolk.
Not Vietnam but still VFW eligible for service in Persian Gulf operation Earnest Will in '87-'88.

You guys are reminding me what being shipmates is all about......stand up & fight for one another no matter what. There's nothing more sacred to fight for than the TRUTH!

God bless you all.

Bob C.

Last edited by Battleship Bob on Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a great crop of newbies! Smile

Thank you all for joining us and I hope you'll enjoy your visits!
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am Ann and have been in the Air Force since 1986. I am currently a Captain in the Air Force, and am serving at Vandenberg AFB, CA. I spent my first 12.5 years as an enlisted member and have spent the last 5.5 years as an officer. I particpated (directly and indirectly) in both Gulf wars and Afghanistan.

Though I did not serve in Vietnam, I did have the pleasure of serving with Vietnam Vets during my first 5 years of service. One memory I do have that has been ingrained in me since the first Gulf War was that we were always reminded of how poorly the vietnam veterans were treated after they came home and how this was not going to happen again. We were told how lucky we were to have America behind us. I could not imagine how awful it must have been to serve your country with honor and it not be acknowledged by the citizens you faught for to protect.
seaboyd
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reporting In Reply with quote

Spent from 01/69 to 12/72 in SEA, all over... including Laos and Cambodia, you know those places tricky Dick and McNamara said we weren't in at the time. I wasn't in the Navy, Marine Corp or the Army. I should have been, as the Air Force had me assigned every place but a typical AF job. Even to this day, most of my experiences are "out of sight out of mind"... except the times when I was scared to death. Enough about me... I've been there and done that! I stuck around long enought to retire, so it couldn't have been that bad?

It is my opinion that ANYONE who cast off from the dock in one of those swift boats, has my respect. Although I've seen my share, I would never dream of running up those rivers, in those overgrown dorys, waiting to be ambushed!

Admin note: Edited out some comments that aren't appropriate for this site. This site isn't about the President - it's about John Kerry and promoting the Swifts message. It's not politics - it's personal. Please keep to the discussion of the Swifts' message. Thank you.

I didn't come here to argue, stir things up and I'm not a Democrat plant. My party is the veteran's party only and I'm confused on who is going to serve us better. I don't want to go through the fights we've had over the last 4 years just to get back some of what was promised us. This old sarge is getting tired of fighting!
four-niner delta
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Vietnam veteran, Army, 9th INF DIV, Mekong Delta 1966-67, Mobile Riverine Force, Dong Tam. Honored to join you guys! I have my son in Najaf, Iraq right now, Combat Medic 91W with the 1st Cav. I am really concerned for the safety of our troops there with Kerry as Commander-in-Chief.

Gary Armitstead
A Co. 3/60th, 9th Inf. Div.
Burbank, Ca.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 27 of 47

Jump to: