SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fox News Sunday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O dell should just say "were you there,then shut up" all you are eye wittness to is kerrys VVAW activities.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

producehawk wrote:
O dell should just say "were you there,then shut up" all you are eye wittness to is kerrys VVAW activities.

Brit Hume came very close to saying exactly that, as did Bill Kristol.
I'm starting to like Mara Liason, at least she doesn't disagree with obvious things.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
O'Dell was THERE. Hurley was NOT.

Methhunks most of you missed the most telling comment by John Hurley.

After Chris Wallace relentlessly pusued the question of proof that Kerry was
in Cambodia on Christmas Eve of 1968, Hurley declared that Kerry was only
close on that occasion, but on other occasions he was in that country to drop
off soldiers. Chris asked him what proof there was of these other incursions?

John Hurley's response:

Quote:

On a different occasion on the 94 boat they were five miles deep into
Cambodia. It was a month or a month and and a half later. The crew
will testify to that.

Read what the Cambodian Candidate's primary spinmeister "Kambodian Kranish"
- in an August 18, 2004 Boston Globe article titled "Kerry disputes allegations on
Cambodia
" - had to say about that: {click on title for a link to the article}

Michael Kranish wrote:

Michael Medeiros, who served aboard the No. 94 with Kerry and appeared
with him at the Democratic National Convention, vividly recalled an occasion
on which Kerry and the crew chased an enemy to the Cambodian border but
did not go beyond the border. Yet Medeiros said he could not recall dropping
off special forces in Cambodia or going inside Cambodia with Kerry

I believe we will hear a lot more on this subject from Swift Boat spokesmen

Stay tuned. There "aint no river" that the 94 was on that goes into Cambodia.

FrydayNC1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Van O'Dell did a fine job defending his position. The problem as I have pointed out the other day, is that you can't have the same people praising Kerry one day then denouncing him the next. It does make our case look weak, but Kerry's people are no better. So in the end I would say this interview was a wash. It will be Kerry's post Viet Nam record that will due him in.
Molon Labe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Mclaughlin wrote:
Van O`Dell was at a clear disadvantage by having to defend Lonsdale and Elliott for the 1996 statements praising Kerry. Our people made a terrible tactical mistake for including them in the commercial. He should have known this was coming and been better prepared. The explanation I have heard was that they were not aware of all Kerry`s lies and distortions at that time and when later evidence was presented to them they changed their minds about Kerry. If this is true, then our spokesmen need to have that information in their arsenal. Also John Hurley should not be in the debates since he was no part of the swiftee family.

The later evidence is Kerry's own book "Tour of Duty" which gives a different account of the events than those Elliott and Lonsdale were aware of in 1996.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

producehawk wrote:

Amen!

Wasn't Hurley also discredited as a poser at one time? Claiming to be something he never was? I've got that stuck in my head, but I might easily be confusing him with someone else.
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 100% sure that if Captain Lonsdale and Captain Elliott (and Admiral Zumwalt) had known in 1996 what they know (and can prove) today that there is absolutely no way that they would have defended John Kerry in 1996.
Navyfam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciated Mr. Odell's respectful manner unlike Hurley who kept trying to interrupt. He came off as truthful and did get to state that he was there and had an ideal vantage point to view the action. Although he didn't get in the last word, he did get in the last gesture, that of vigorously shaking his head at Hurley's comments. The sincerity meter swings all the way to Odell.
CeeBeeBratPH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit Humme shut them all up and received a head nod of agreement from CeCe when he hammered the point that Bush has NOT made his service the cornerstone of his campaign whereas Kerry can't let anyone forget that he served in Viet Nam.

I know it has been been said too many times before but I realize and accept the fact that you served in Viet Nam but what have ya done for me lately, not 35 years ago but how about just within the last 5 years, 5 months, 5 days?

Come On Get Real.
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molon Labe you are absolutely right about Tour of Duty by Douglas Brinkley changing their opinion about Kerry. But what frustrates me is why our spokesmen aren`t saying it. John O`Neill is the best I have ever seen at debating and he needs to take the time to stress to others these important points.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The discussion between Hurley and O'Dell was fairly even, in my estimation. Both were asked some hard questions and both had to struggle to support their answers, at times.

To me, the best part was during the panel discussion where Juan WIlliams was losing it and later, when Brit Hume came back and said something to the effect that the only consistency he saw in the whole controversy was that Kerry was an "incorrigible opportunist."
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can bet the media is not going to burn rubber tracking down Lonsdale and Elliot for in depth interviews about why they changed their minds on Kerry between 1996 and 2004.

Nope, they will be content to just roll footage of that press conference from 1996 and then roll the first Swift Vet ad.

Lonsdale and Elliot need to swear out their own affidavits and call their own press conferences and clearly state why they have changed their minds about Kerry since the MSM is not going to touch them with a ten foot pole.

I think many MSM journalists KNOW why these two men changed their minds, and avoiding them will keep the story from coming out:

how two admirals backed Kerry until they found out what really happened in that Silver Star incident and discovered that Kerry filed a false report; not to mention the hack job he did on them in his book Tour of Duty.

Lonsdale and Elliot need to put out some effort setting the record straight;

if they sit on their asses waiting for the MSm to track them down and interview them they will be wasting their time.

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
xcorpsman-usn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manofaiki wrote:

Lonsdale and Elliot need to swear out their own affidavits and call their own press conferences and clearly state why they have changed their minds about Kerry since the MSM is not going to touch them with a ten foot pole.

I think many MSM journalists KNOW why these two men changed their minds, and avoiding them will keep the story from coming out:

if they sit on their asses waiting for the MSm to track them down and interview them they will be wasting their time.

manofaiki

I agree 100%...Seems to me i remember they were defending kerry from the "war crimes" charges being made against him at the time...In retrospect they probably should have said; John Boy, words have consequences you defend them...Hurley, this morning, says kerry stands by his statements made in 1971 so i guess he still thinks VNVets are war criminals.
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The discussion between Hurley and O'Dell was fairly even, in my estimation. Both were asked some hard questions and both had to struggle to support their answers, at times.

True -- but the facts are so one-sided against that coward (gets three fake Purple Hearts) and traitor (to all of those who served -- and meets with the enemy in a time of war) that this should be a slam dunk -- not just even. You know that they are spending days role playing and going over talking points for these interviews -- anyone going up against them who doesn't do the same is at an unfair advantage.

Quote:
I appreciated Mr. Odell's respectful manner unlike Hurley who kept trying to interrupt. He came off as truthful and did get to state that he was there and had an ideal vantage point to view the action. Although he didn't get in the last word, he did get in the last gesture, that of vigorously shaking his head at Hurley's comments. The sincerity meter swings all the way to Odell.

I do too -- but it seems like Nice Guys finish last when it comes to Presidential elections. That is a shame -- but a fact of life.

Quote:

manofaiki

Amen
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the "war crime" charge they were defending Kerry against was that he had shot the Vietnamese soldier behind the hootch in the back while he was unarmed. I can't give you a link to where I read that, sorry, but it sure is stuck in my mind. If I remember correctly, they testified that it was not a war crime, as the soldier was armed and could have turned around at any time and opened fire with the weapon. Can anyone confirm this, or post a link? I'm sure O'Niell remebers it well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: