SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All of our posts here aren't worth a damn unless....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: All of our posts here aren't worth a damn unless.... Reply with quote

Unless we take the time to copy our posts here to the press nothing is going stop them.

Build a mailing list of press outlets in your contact manager e.g outlook or outlook express. Copy your posts to email and send it to all your press outlets.

Once the list is set up it only takes a few seconds to hit 50 to 100 press outlets. It's not spam...it's free speech.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also are not worth a damn unless we donate any dollar amount to SBVT!!!
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My e-mail has been going non-stop for over a week...tv, tadio, newspapers, everythong I can thonk of.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have donated, I am eagerly awaiting my copy of "Unfit for Command," and I am establishing a fairly long record of publication in the "Letters to the Editor" sections of all my local lefty papers and the ultraleft college paper where I work, Meet the Press, Fox News, Brit Hume, and several taunting letters to the hideous Mike Barnicle (professional Kerry rumpswab).

And I am not going to stop until this election is over and Kerry is sent packing.

As Truman once said ".....telling them the truth and making them think it's hell!!"
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BZ Dimsdale!
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've donated and will each week.
I've purchased two copies of "Unfit for Command"
one I'll donate when it arrives.

I'm almost done with the book and have read all the
above info to stay on top.

I'm going to concentrate on "Letters to the Editor" of
select newspapers.

I'll keep the high road asking why haven't the SwiftVets been given
a better hearing, stay away from the "he said she said" but
comment on O'Neil's book. Comment on why GW Bush CANNOT
interfere with the SwiftVets and should not.
Why John Kerry didn't just release the records BEFORE the book
when asked by the SwiftVets on May 4.
A fair and balanced letter but clearly pointing to the TRUTH.

Last edited by NortonPete on Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to have to disagree. (in part, and agree in part)
1. The press is indeed reading this site for information on new stories.
2. A large percentage of the Press is not going to want to do anything on this story, they have an agenda, and journalistic integrity means nothing to them.
3. This story is gaining traction away from the main media, the main media is following the old media.

Therefore I suggest that people email sites like http://www.drudgereport.com notice the box for submission of items on that page....I have sent items to that, which did end up going on the site.

There are 4 leading Blog sites that aggregate all the other blogs. I would suggest you email each respective operator with stories you feel are new. Most stories are breaking on those sites actually.

http://www.powerlineblog.com
http://www.instapundit.com
http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/
http://www.hughhewitt.com/

I don't think you should look at the main media as understanding the power of the story, or leading. They are trailing.

But let me say another thing, the Main Media is very Money Focused, its all about ratings....and if you look at the coverage now....Swift Vets are driving viewership, they are getting ratings. And so long as that is true, they will be covered, regardless of the media bias.... The profit bias of the networks still trumps their other agendas

Support the new media...support the Bloggers
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As God is my witness, I got published in the grossly misnamed Sunday "Republican" (Springfield, MA) on this very day on this very topic!!

http://www.masslive.com/letters/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-1/109307462180411.xml

Here is a copy. Feel free to use it yourselves if needed!!

Why won't Kerry release records on war service?

Regarding a Aug. 15 letter to the editor, "Swift boat accusations latest in smear campaign." I have one question: please indicate exactly what testimony of the over 250 member Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (SBVT) is a "lie?"

Please be specific, as I have not heard anyone dispute their allegations with facts, only attacks. Each man has made a sworn statement regarding what he saw in Vietnam, and Sen. John F. Kerry has not addressed a single one. Not one. Not with facts or the release of his full military/medical records from that time. Nothing but defamatory attacks on the SBVT in the press and by Kerry flacks.

On the other hand, one by one, Kerry's stories are coming undone, not the least of which is the infamous "Christmas in Cambodia" story, which Kerry used to defame the United States in his congressional testimony after the war, and which he recently was forced to recant. Of all the "atrocities" and "war crimes" Kerry has testified to, he has offered no evidence, and, ironically, he is the only one that has admitted to actually committing them.

Why didn't he try to stop or report them when they occurred, as was his duty? Why didn't he film the alleged crimes with his 8 mm camera for evidence instead of reenacting his "heroic battles?" Kerry could quickly prove who is telling the truth and who isn't by the filling out and signing the military release form (Form 180) and settling the issue once and for all. But he hasn't, not for the Boston Globe or to honestly address this alleged "smear campaign."

If the SBVT members are lying about him, then why doesn't he sue them for defamation or slander? What is John Kerry afraid of? Could it be the truth? Why is he letting his silence be his answer? The media relentlessly pursued the president for his National Guard records.

Why won't they give equal attention to the allegations of over 250 honorable, decorated veterans who served with Kerry? Why is the media silent on this issue? Now tell me again, who is smearing who?
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy MOST EXCELLENT LETTER DIMSDALE!! I will use it since you offered and send it to local papers here.

Go grass rooters go!!
Yay SWIFTVETS

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding letter, dimsdale!
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimsdale, excellent letter! Smile

I've been e-mailing people daily and advertising the site to people every chance I got. I told several people just at Church today to come here and get the whole story for what's going on. Can't afford the book right now and haven't seen it in ant stores (sold out, yea!), but can't wait to get one and read it! Screw the press. They're irrelevent! The truth will get out with or without their help, all that is left to be decided is how many of them will be held accountable for deliberately trying to bury that truth to further the candidate that shares their liberal ideoligical left wing slant.
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIGHT ON, Dimsdale ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Fire that one off to Brit Hume at FoxNews with a CC to whomever. I find that my emails with CC's to other addressees in the media and even my Congressmen is a good way to "spread it around."
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW DIMSDALE! Thank you very much!

May I forward this to all of MY local news organizations here?

AWESOME PIECE and what I've been asking for some time!!
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great letter!!
More people need to question this on thier homefront. Laughing

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: