SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spreading SwiftVets' message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Spreading SwiftVets' message Reply with quote

I saw elsewhere in this forum that SwiftVets can no longer run advertisements after September 2 (a limitation that will presumably apply to MoveBowels.org or whatever it calls itself). I have been using downloadable royalty-free leaflets for several years, a tactic based on one used by Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.

The idea is that anyone can download and print the leaflet, run it through a photocopier as many times as he/she wants, and hand out copies. As an example, leaflets could be handed out at a VFW meeting. If 100 people get the leaflet and even five like it enough to copy it themselves, it will spread all over the place.

My site below offers about ten, some of which will be more effective than others. Maybe SwiftVets can come up with a few. Perhaps a photo of some Viet Cong and NVA soldiers with the caption, "Vietnam Veterans for Kerry."

See my propaganda tutorial at http://www.stentorian.com/propagan.html. It refers to Psychological Warfare by Colonel Paul Linebarger (science fiction writer Cordwainer Smith!) "To be effective, leaflets must scatter. Bundles of paper which fall intact make little impact on the enemy [or prospective audience, the general public in this case] unless they hit him on the head."
mjanay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it that 527's can't do ANY advertisiments or just MSM ads?

I'm sure that Moveon etc are going to keep up internet campaigns and rallys.

What are the limits?
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a stupid question on my part, but is it possible to just promote the book, as in having a TV ad for only the book (after Sept. 2 with the new laws)? Is the book necessarily tied directly to the 527?
frankzzz
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the twist in the law being discussed on this thread not only silences advocacy groups for sixty days before an election but it also allows millionaires like George Sorios to continue to buy as much air time as they want as long as it come out of their own, personal, deep pockets.

I’m not a lawyer so I could be wrong but that’s the way I understand it.

Freedom of speech, my a#@.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think as long as the 527 does not endose any one they can still run ads.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

It is my understanding that registered PACs (like MoveOn) are exempt. I also believe that the way SBVT is put together it is also exempt. I am no lawyer, but I think that was explained a week ago. Thus if the Kerry campaign is counting on us to go silent after 2 Sep, they may be in for a very rude suprise.

Truth is Beauty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: