SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Email John McCain
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tad Belknap
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Email John McCain Reply with quote

and let him know you are not "fringe"....but a hard working, taxpaying, American....and that Kerry is a Phony!
http://mccain.senate.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=Contact.Home

"Don't tread on me"....John McCain !
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

The more and more I think about McCain, the more I am smelling a rat. I do know that the McCain that came home from Vietnam and was interviewed by US News and World Report in May of 1973 would be behind us 100%.

I am wondering what happened. For years McCain hated Kerry until the early ninties. Inquiring minds want to know....

Truth is Beauty
phrein
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent John McCain 4 emails since his claim of the Swift Boat Ad being dishonorable and dishonest.

I have yet to receive a reply. I'm sure he has nothing to say.

I live in Arizona. You would think that he would reply to a constituent!

Maybe he is not replying, because the first email, I said that I would never vote for him again. Evil or Very Mad
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must have something when the both had the POW hearings.
PENJ
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
Everyone,

The more and more I think about McCain, the more I am smelling a rat. I do know that the McCain that came home from Vietnam and was interviewed by US News and World Report in May of 1973 would be behind us 100%.

I am wondering what happened. For years McCain hated Kerry until the early ninties. Inquiring minds want to know....

Oh, come on! McCain himself says he still has problems with what Kerry said in 1971, but he has since worked with and has come to respect Senator Kerry. Kerry in fact gets along with all the other Vietnam Veteran senators, such as Chuck Hagel and past Senators such as Kerrey and Cleland. Kerry even worked with Bob Smith - and went to Vietnam with Bob Smith to investigate the POW/MIA issue (even if Smith is not fully happy with the results of the agreement).

Could it just be that they had come to respect each other through working with each other and that McCain appreciates the veterans who stood up for him, Republican and Democrat, when his service was attacked in 2000?

McCain gets along with Senators on both sides of the aisle. He makes his mistakes, but then he owns up to them and learns from them and is willing to move on from the past. He is his own man, in many ways a better man than either of the two nominees this year.

If you "smell a rat", what exactly is the rat you smell?
kmudd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penj , what do you think of this article from the Village Voice?

Here is the thread it is in.

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2735&highlight=village+voice+pow
PENJ
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phrein wrote:
I have sent John McCain 4 emails since his claim of the Swift Boat Ad being dishonorable and dishonest.

I have yet to receive a reply. I'm sure he has nothing to say.

I live in Arizona. You would think that he would reply to a constituent!

Maybe he is not replying, because the first email, I said that I would never vote for him again. Evil or Very Mad

I have heard talk on this board of how many of you are trying to flood certain newspeople and politicians with emails. Well, if that is the case, how do you expect anyone to respond to individuals in the midst of a deluge?

If you really want to get a response, send a simple postcard. Write the message in your own handwriting. If it has an Arizona postmark, my guess is that you will receive a written response in return.

Emails are cheap and most these days are cut, paste, and forward.

And there is no verification that you are a resident.

So how do you expect a response?
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My letter:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Dole has weighed in on the SBVFT issue, and not on Kerry's side. You as a severly wounded VN veteran should be outraged that Kerry has gotten away with defaming the VN veterans for 35 years. Kerry's wounds, one of which was self inflicted, amount to nothing more than scratches. His 3 PH's under these circumstances belittle the significance of your medals.

This is the time for you to stand up and be counted. The VN veterans are counting on you. Will you defend the indefensible or will you stand with the multitude of VN veterans who were maligned by Kerry.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Postcards?

I doubt if the Deaniacs would have collected as many donations had they used postcards.

E-mail is the way...no response just means DELUGE...and that's a good thing. It also means that there is no realistic response to be given.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just call him up, the staff is experience in taking Polling questions...ask to leave a message for him, if you live in AZ you can talk to a staffer.

241 Russell Senate Ofc. Bldg.
United States Senate
, Washington DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-2235
Fax: (202) 228-2862

Phoenix
2400 E. Arizona Biltmore Cir.
Suite 1150
Phoenix, Arizona 85016
Phone: (602) 952-2410
Fax: (602) 952-8702

Tempe
4450 South Rural Road
Suite B-130
Tempe, Arizona 85282
Phone: (480) 897-6289
Fax: (480) 897-8389

Tucson
450 West Paseo Redondo
Suite 200
Tucson, Arizona 85701
Phone: (520) 670-6334
Fax: (520) 670-6637
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does McCain possibly know there are still POW's in Vietnam and Kerry as well, yet they still supported normalized relations with that country. Or does McCain possibly suffer from some sort of love thy captor syndrome as Patty Hearst did and therefore sympathize with the North Vietnamese at the expense of all the other POW's? I just cannot see how he would in anyway support Kerry through the admonishment of the Swifties truth ads.
kmudd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand McCains actions either.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from a general idea of what the issue regards and where the emailer stands, the staff doesn't really read many of the emails.

Senators get thousands of emails a day, depending on what's happening in their state and in Congress. Those from outside the state don't usually get answered. Even those in the state may not get answered.

The staffers have an "issue" list and tally sheet.

But, what McCain has done goes far beyond representing his state in Congress. He's called these men, "dishonorable and despicable," a statement that goes well out of the bounds of decency.

He didn't even have the evidence in his hands before he spoke up like that. McCain has a national presence as well as his own state to look after.

He should certainly be held accountable for the way he has denigrated the efforts of the Swifts.

A deluge would at least register as massive disappointment from the vets in this country.

His statement was despicable.
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry but I have lost all respect for this man. To disparage good people by branding them " dishonest and dishonorable " is the dirtiest of all dirty tricks. Not having the courage or the guts to apoligize even after seeing the damage he has inflicted on our organization makes him a coward in my book. Frankly I think we have been too kind to this prima donna. When he apoligizes to John O`Neill and the rest of the swiftees I might give him a little slack but NOT until then.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I just sent.
Under heading "Veterans affairs"

Part of the reason for my vehemence is the following is
unfortunately true. My brother Michael Hughes died in a VA hosipital in 1989
-----------------------------

Senator John McCain,
I and everyone in my family admires your courage.
We believe in you.
My brother was a Vietnam era Veteran ( not in theatre , served in Germany ).
He came home to ridicule, never found a decent job, and committed suicide in 1989.
I remember John Kerry's testimony before the
US Congress in 1971. I cannot help but put blame on him for
the distorted views everyone had of all Vietnam Veterans in the 1970's.
Please don't support him. .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: