SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

750,000 copies in print, heading your way

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonMoseley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: 750,000 copies in print, heading your way Reply with quote

Regnery Publishing has announced that the SIXTH PRINTING of "Unfit for Command" is now on the presses. 400,000 copies will be in print by today, Friday, 8/20. Regnery has already ordered an additional 50,000 copies to be printed on Monday for a total of 450,000 copies in print.

Sean Hannity and the Drudge Report are reporting 550,000 copies. That may be true. They may have ordered all 550,000, but my understanding is that 400,000 copies are NOW in print, and are already heading your way.

So if you are having trouble finding it, HELP IS ON THE WAY.

So go out and BUY the book. The most embarrasing thing to this effort would be to have 100,000 copies sitting in a warehouse that never sold.

Regnery has invested an enormous amount of money in 450,000 copies. What happens if nobody actually BUYS all these books?

Everyone who is on the fence, please go out and place a FIRM (unconditional) order with a bookstore to buy a copy.

As I wrote elsewhere, the more FIRM (actual) sales there are, the FASTER the books will arrive, because everyone along the distribution chain can PLAN for exactly how many books they "really" need, rather than just guessing.

Note that bookstores do not actually "buy" books. They order them, and if they do not sell, they RETURN the books for credit. In fact they often just tear the front cover off, throw the book away, and demand credit based on the front cover alone (torn off). So the last thing we want is to have 50,000 to 100,000 copies destroyed because nobody bought them.

So if the bookstores order copies, and nobody buys them, the books will go back to Regnery to get destroyed, at great financial LOSS to Regnery Publishing. Since Regnery has stuck its neck WAY out on this one, let's make sure all these books are sitting in front of somebody's eyeballs being read somewhere.

Last edited by JonMoseley on Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does this compare with Bill Clinton's book?I would love to see "Unfit for Command" outsell Clinton's book.If the controversy continues I don't think the publisher will have any problem selling 550,000 books.
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: 450,000 copies in print, heading your way Reply with quote

I checked 4 bookstores in central NJ today and no one had Unfit for Command in stock they were taking names and phone numbers to be called while waiting for the next delivery. Everyone was pleasant and I had no feeling they were objectionable to my inquiry.

JK
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnes and Noble came through for me...it took three days. To order and pick up the book however, I had to pass by about this many anti-Bush titles:

Anti-Bush Books

The Three Little Pigs: Buy the White House (Dan Piraro)
Worse than Watergate: the Secret Presidency of George Bush (John Dean)
The Lies of George W. Bush: Mastering the Politics of Deception (David Corn)
Is Our Children Learning: The Case against George W. Bush (Paul Begala)
Big Bush Lies: the 20 most telling lies of George W. Bush (Jerry Barrett)
Warrior King: The Case for Impeaching George Bush (John Bonifaz)
The I Hate George Bush Reader: Why Dubya is Wrong About Absolutely Everything (Clint Willis)
American Dynasty: Aristocracy, Fortune and the Politics of Deceit in the House of Bush (Kevin Phillips)
Imperial Hubris, Anonymous
Obliviously On He Sales: The Bush Administration in Rhyme, Calvin Trillin
The Price of Loyalty: George W. Bush, the White House and the Education of Paul O’Neill (Suskind)
Bushwhacked: Life in George Bush’s America (Molly Ivins)
The Dirty Truth: the Oil and Chemical Dependency of George W. Bush (Rick Abraham).
The President of Good and Evil: The Ethics of George W. Bush (Peter Singer)
Crimes Against Nature: How George W. Bush and His Corporate Pals Are Plundering the Country and Hijacking Our Democracy (Robert Kennedy Jr.)
Cruel and Unusual: Bush and Cheney’s New World Order (Mark Crispin Miller)
The Book on Bush: How George W. Bush is (Mis)leading America (Eric Alterman and Mark Green)
The Bush Hater’s Handbook: A Guide to the Most Appalling Presidency in the Past 100 years (Jack Huberman)
Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them (Al Franken)
Dude, Where’s My Country (Michael Moore)
Dreaming War: Blood for Oil and the Cheney/Bush Junta (Gore Vidal)
Why are We At War (Norman Mailer)
Against All Enemies: Inside America’ War on Terror (Richard Clarke)
Fanatics and Fools: The Game Plan for Winning Back America (Ariana Huffington)
The Five Biggest Lies Bush Told Us About Iraq (Chrstopher Scheer, Robert Scheer and Lakshmi Chaudhry)
Bushworld: Enter at Your Own Risk (Maureen Dowd)
Gag Rule: On the Suppression of Dissent and The Stifling of Democracy (Lewis Lapham)
Hegemony or Survival (Noam Chomsky)
Big Lies, Joe Conason; Had Enough: A Handbook for Fighting Back (James Carville and Jeff Nussbaum);
Casualty of War: the Bush Administration’s Assault on a Free Press (David Dadge);
The W Effect: Bush’s War on Women (Laura Flanders)
Bush Must Go: The Top Ten Reasons Why George Bush Doesn’t Deserve a Second Term (Bill Press)
Thieves in High Places: They’ve Stolen Our Country and It’s Time to Take it Back (Jim Hightower.)
The only book making waves: "Unfit for Command"!
JonMoseley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: 750,000 copies! Reply with quote

"750,000 COPIES IN PRINT" announced! Thursday night (8/26), UNFIT FOR COMMAND co-author Jerry Corsi revealed on the SCHIFFER REPORT radio program that Regnery Publishing has printed an astonishing 750,000 copies of Unfit for Command. (By contrast, Barbara Olson's Hell to Pay on Hillary Clinton sold over 200,000 coipes, then considered a major publishing achievement.)

Moreover, Jerry Corsi announced on the radio that Regnery Publishing anticipates that these 750,000 copies now moving through distribution chains will be sold out almost as soon as books arrive at bookstores, based on their tracking of inventories and shipping.

I don't know how many books Clinton has sold, but Al Franken's book "Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them" (or whatever it is) has sold 850,000 copies.

So, please encourage all of your friends and neighbors to go to the bookstore and place a FIRM order RESERVING a copy of the book and actually paying for it in advance. This will guarantee them a copy, and will probably cause more books to be printed. Don't wander from bookstore to bookstore begging and hoping. Go ahead and COMMIT. Place an actual order reserving a real copy only for you. That way you can be certain that Regnery will print enough copies for you. But if you don't reserve your own copy, NO ONE WILL KNOW that you want a copy, and they won't print one for you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 750,000 copies! Reply with quote

JonMoseley wrote:
"750,000 COPIES IN PRINT" announced! Thursday night (8/26), UNFIT FOR COMMAND co-author Jerry Corsi revealed on the SCHIFFER REPORT radio program that Regnery Publishing has printed an astonishing 750,000 copies of Unfit for Command. ...

Let's see if our admin can change the title from 450,000 copies to "750,000 copies" to keep up with this stellar achievement...and keep it a sticky...my copy just came in thru Border's last nite, I'll be picking it up tonite on the way home from work. I agree with those who have said go ahead and put your name on the 'order list' at your favorite bookstore. Given the thousands of liberal pap titles that we'll be leaving at the store, it's not like we're gonna keep them in clover! But it would be nice to see Regnery rewarded for its efforts. Oh, and thanks to the info on COSTCO getting it out on the cheap!

BT
CRB '70-'71
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 750,000 copies! Reply with quote

Bruce Tadd wrote:
Let's see if our admin can change the title from 450,000 copies to "750,000 copies" to keep up with this stellar achievement...

The title I can do, but stickies give me the hives. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: