SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Neill vs Clintons Chief of Staff John Podesta on This Week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
70 years ago my grandpa who was a NY cop helped suppress communist riots in NY. The commies were active then, and they're just as active now, 'cept they realize they can't beat us in a toe-to-toe standoff....so they go about promoting all this destructive divisiveness. TV hasn't helped either. Your jaundiced image of my generation is in large part due to the likes of Kerry, which is why I badly want to see him taken down.

In 50 years, I've never met anyone of my generation who lived in a commune. Depends on who you hang out with, I guess

Well I wasn't around for the 60's 70's, so my info for the most part comes from my parents and the books I have read. My parents lived in San Bernidino, CA during the late 60's early 70's and as anyone from that part of the country can tell you that area is the birthplace of the communes, new age BS so their were communes all over this area. Also, my view of the baby boomer era is based on oberservation of their current leaders mroe then anything else. Kerry is a secular aethist as well as Clinton and both of them are boomers that bought into the antrhopocentric new age hog-wash. Somehow I doubt during the WWII generation there was much thought of recognizing gay marriage, removal of anything god from all institutions, killing 33 million unborn babies, support of dictatorships throughout the world on a basis of ideology, urban decay caused by no self-responsibility, a youth ran wild with no fear of god. I mean their are many things we can look at which have changed and made us worse as a people. Most of these changes came about from the 60's onward. Somehwere along the Boomers quest for spiritual enlightenment there was a loss of value for the sanctity of life. That is fact. And its time for us to clean it up. I am not saying all boomers are the cause just the secular communist segment of it which at no other time in the history of our country has it been so large in number, wield as much power and been able to create so much social change for the worse.
JustaCowgirl
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: John O'Neil is a great American Reply with quote

Quote:
As Ronald Reagan and most of the WWII generation has passed on, I was slowly beginning to believe that the time of great Americans had passed, too.

But today, as throughout our Nation's history, God has a way of requiring good men and women to stand up and be counted. Over the past month, I have had the honor to watch an ordinary citizen bravely stand up for millions of other citizens against the full weight of the Washington Democratic political machine and east coast liberal establishment. That citizen is John O'Neil.

Beautifully put.
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry is a secular aethist as well as Clinton and both of them are boomers that bought into the antrhopocentric new age hog-wash.

Ted Kennedy, George McGovern, Robert Byrd, Patrick Leahy and Jimmy Carter are not baby-boomers and they're prime facilitators of the secularist movement we BOTH despise. Do you pay attention to current events in Europe? Their leftist social agenda is in 100% lockstep with ours....or ours with theirs. Do you ever wonder why?

Dubya is a damn decent human being...and a boomer. But unfortunately not a conservative.

If I may suggest, don't give in to the temptation to generalize about other generations. It serves no useful purpose.

However, I think it's perfectly fair and reasonable to generalize about commies and liberals like Kerry...a distinction without a difference. Smile
GenrXr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ted Kennedy, George McGovern, Robert Byrd, Patrick Leahy and Jimmy Carter are not baby-boomers and they're prime facilitators of the secularist movement we BOTH despise. Do you pay attention to current events in Europe? Their leftist social agenda is in 100% lockstep with ours....or ours with theirs. Do you ever wonder why?

Dubya is a damn decent human being...and a boomer. But unfortunately not a conservative.

If I may suggest, don't give in to the temptation to generalize about other generations. It serves no useful purpose.

However, I think it's perfectly fair reasonable to generalize about commies and liberals like Kerry...a distinction without a difference.

I agree, I should not generalize the entire generation and to further my point should explain during the baby boomer generation the radical fringe were the politically active. People like my father as he said to me wore their hair cropped short and were busy trying to make a living. It was the inaction of many people like my father that allowed the radicals to gain the power and positions they did.
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It was the inaction of many people like my father that allowed the radicals to gain the power and positions they did.

Not quite.

For generations, the Left has been indoctrinated, organized and funded by international communists. The rest of us boomers were not. There was no internet in the 60s and 70's. The boomer generation was not holding the reins of power. The Viet Nam war was over before most of us had a friggin' clue about how the world worked, and by then so much damage had been done, lives ruined. Fortunately. the vast majority of us...like your Dad... grew up into responsible and respectable citizens.

Now that we're getting organized, it's payback time....starting with Kerry
GenrXr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For generations, the Left has been indoctrinated, organized and funded by international communists. The rest of us boomers were not

I do not disagree, but fact remains more damage has been done to our country since the 60's then at any other time in the history of this great nation.
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do not disagree, but fact remains more damage has been done to our country since the 60's then at any other time in the history of this great nation.

Slavery, rampant discrimination, the Civil War and subjugation of the Native Americans did horrible damage too. But we somehow survived.

Let's start by taking Kerry down. The left will be severely damaged if truth and justice are once again allowed to prevail.
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some said Dubya is a damn decent human being...and a boomer. But unfortunately not a conservative.

Dubya is a great president. Fifty years from now, historians will discuss the Bush doctrine that put an end to the tyranny in the middle east and stopped terrorism. He's somewhat similar to what Lincoln said about Grant: "I can't spare this man — he fights."
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboy,

Quote:
Dubya is a great president.

If not for the SBVT, chances are he'd be a one-termer because he's lost so much support from his conservative base while wasting political capital trying to appease the left...which got him absolutely nowhere.

I'll start feeling more secure when he secures our borders.

The man has potential for sure, and I truly like him as a person. But he's no Ronald Reagan.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The man has potential for sure, and I truly like him as a person. But he's no Ronald Reagan.

I agree and view Reagan as being the only Kirk conservative to grace the white house. I recommend Russell Kirks 'The Conservative Mind' for anyone wanting to learn the philosophy. Kirk is the father of modern day conservatism in America. I also highly recommend reading John Adams 'Defence of the Constitutions' if you can afford the 250 bucks the 3 volume set will set you back. Sad
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
agree and view Reagan as being the only Kirk conservative to grace the white house.

I drove down to visit the Reagan Library in late June. I'd never before appreciated the full magnitude of his character and natural leadership skills. It still brings tears to my eyes that he's gone.

I suspect Ron is up there smiling down at the SBVT folks.
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone said If not for the SBVT, chances are he'd be a one-termer because he's lost so much support from his conservative base while wasting political capital trying to appease the left...which got him absolutely nowhere.

SBVT will probably be a significant factor, but there's more to than that. If the economy was in poor shape, that probably be enough to cost GWB the election right there, regardless of the SBVT.

Someone else about Bush He's no Ronald Reagan

True, but Reagan was no GWB. Reagan bugged out of Beruit after all the marines were killed by a truck bomb. Not exactly what I would call a fighter.

It's just my opinion, but I think in fifty years, GWB will be considered on par with Reagan as one of the great or near-great presidents for his courageous response to 9/11 and causing regime change in two countries in his first term. In his second term, we may see regime change in Iran.
Scott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderator note:

Please refrain from discussions unrelated to the stated positions of the SBVT. Discussions should be targeted at John Kerry, not at present or former Presidents.

Thank you for your cooperation in this regard.

GenrXr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Reagan bugged out of Beruit after all the marines were killed by a truck bomb. Not exactly what I would call a fighter.

Reagan had the bigger fish soviets to deal with and dealt with them he did. I do believe Bush will be remembered though for his actions on terrorism. And quite possibly he will have a seat at the table with Reagann in terms of how much they both contributed to making the world a better place, but I will reserve final judgement on Bush till after he is out of office.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply to IntegrityCounts Reply with quote

I watched the Podesta-O'Neill slugfest on ABC's ThisWeek with George Stephanopoulus, and I concur wholeheartedly. O'Neill stuck to the facts and the specific debate points; all Podesta could do was bluster and try to change the subject.

I complimented Stephanopoulus (by email) for a fair forum, unlike the treatment the SBVT is getting from Wolf Blitzer of CNN, who seems only interested in innuendo about a possible Bush campaign - SBVT connection. I didn't think Blitzer would be so overtly biased, but CNN does have a pronounced liberal bias in its reporting vide., Peter Arnett's distorted coverage of Gulf Wars I and also II. Arnett finally got the boot when it became clear that he was taking his media marching orders for reporting on GW II from Iraq's Ministry of the Interior!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: