SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush should denounce Second Swift Boat Ad......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillGremm
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Bush should denounce Second Swift Boat Ad...... Reply with quote

Kerry is now calling on Bush to denounce the second SBVT ad that will be coming out this week and I think Kerry is right......Bush should denounce every WORD that KERRY himself says while before the senate that is heard in the ad.

Kerry is sinking and he hasn't changed at all from his Vietnam days as even today he commits self-inflicted wounds to his campaing.

Go Navy--Go Swiftees.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troll baiting title had me going for a minute! Laughing Wink
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think Bush should do such a thing it would only strengthen everyons attitude that Bush is associated with SBVT as if he is the leader of the group. Once Bush takes that step then they will turn around and point the finger at him and say see he had control of them all along Rolling Eyes

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like it if it President Bush could get on the television on
the rose garden and say " Senator Kerry, when you stop lying about
me, I will think about stopping the vets, until January. Wink

Would it not be neat? However, the president is better off out of this
war, he has enough with the Iraq one and I am sure he is trusting the
vets to do the exact right thing. Laughing
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a diversion tactic to get off the issues being raised by the Swift Vets. Kerry is lashing out because he does not want to face directly his critic...he knows they know him best....I do think the Swift Vets should put out a PR saying.

"With all due respect to Both Campaigns, regardless of whatever the President says we intend to correct the record of what happened."

On the other hand the more Kerry screams the more he draw attention to the issues being raised about his lies

tough call....I have huge amounts of trust that John O'Neill will figure out the best course/
BillGremm
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really stated this tongue in cheek. Obviously Bush is playing it safe as well he should.

It is just the pinnacle of irony that the Dems want Bush to denounce an ad that partly consists of Kerry's own words.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troll bait title had ME going!!! For the delete key! LOL!

But then I saw who it was. Wink
rjas77
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjg wrote:
I would really like it if it President Bush could get on the television on
the rose garden and say " Senator Kerry, when you stop lying about
me, I will think about stopping the vets, until January. Wink

Or more appropriately, Mr. Kerry, if you will ask your 527's to stop lying about me....I will ask the SwiftVets to stop telling the truth about you Twisted Evil
taz
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why can't Bush say " I have repeatedly denounced ALL of these ads, but you will not be happy until I single out just one specific ad. I repeat, I strongly denounce all of these ads."
jimbob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe the number of people on both sides suggesting the limiting of free speech. Further, it's very strange to hear news men asking if political ads should be in the control of the political parties.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot the democrats are crying foul. For crying out loud, they had Michael Moore sitting prominently next to Jimmy Carter at the DNC. Now should Pres. Bush come out and tell the swift vets that he would like them to forego their constitutional right to communicate their message?

I don't think so.
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the Kerry campaign knows, the candidates are legally prohibited from directing 527s. This is why they've called for Bush to "show his leadership." Their suggested point is, if the Swifties ignore him he's a weak leader.
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Further, it's very strange to hear news men asking if political ads should be in the control of the political parties.

I think the media is jealous of not having scooped this story. They're tripping over themselves trying to get ahead of it. O' Neill is playing it very smart....God he's good!

SBVT is doing what the media is SUPPOSED to do....objective investigative journalism.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But again,

WHY isn't anyone pointing out that IF Kerry really wants to hush these vets, all he has to do is put the records/the truth on the table?

WHY won't THEY say that?

Kerry is the one dragging this out....just so time runs out and he doesn't have to address the OTHER questions being raised like his senate record (behavior); his refusal to disclose his "plans" until (if) he's elected (note: yeah, he's got a huge bit on his site about all the issues - but he's not laying HOW he would get it done; why are people so blind to that point?); my guess is he's loving this!
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the tact I think he should take. He's the President, He should say "It would be wrong for the President to try to silence any voice in America, That's why I didn't complain about the lies told about me by democrat 527s. "

At that point Kerry has to defend those 527s or admit they lied about Bush. Enraging his kook fringe or looking like a kook. lose lose That's the choice.
Raven
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is it within George Bush's authority to denounce or support any ads by non-GOP funded groups? If Bush were to do so, the ramifications from the Left in terms of their usual "censorship" blather would be huge.

THe Bush administration did not put this ad forth nor fund it. It would be ridiculous to expect President Bush to denounce the Swift Boat Veterans' ads as much as it would be ridiculous for him to denounce Kerry's ads or Michael Moore's "Farenheit 9/11".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: