SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SBVFT Fundraising Link Uncovered...read all about it here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: SBVFT Fundraising Link Uncovered...read all about it here Reply with quote

The rumors of shadowy fund raising connections and links between the Bush campaign and the SBVFT have been floating around...and the press has been hinting at this...so I feel before this goes any further ...I must do the right thing, come clean and confess....

That's right... I took some of my hard earned money and made a contribution to support the SBVFT ad campaign. I also voted for George W. Bush AND his father....I also met Barbara Bush once at a reception and 41 spoke at my graduation from USNA when he was VP (I have a picture of him shaking my hand and handing me my diploma). Before this all comes out in USA Today or the NY Times as a shocking expose'... I thought I would just come clean here.....I am sorry - but I must follow my heart and my head with my hard earned cash..... Very Happy

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
P3 Tweek
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Confession is Good for the Soul Reply with quote

Wow! Tony! You may sleep well tonight, now that you've relieved your conscience. Let's hope this doesn't become a major scandal that will turn the election.

Very Happy Awesome photo! I made a wallpaper out of it for my computer screen.

AX2 P-3C updateII Tweek USN
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I'm with Tony. My husband and I donated to Bush's reelection campaign, too. Before I got involved here, however. Does that count? LOL

Oh, and to make things even worse... I LIVE IN TEXAS! Ohhh the conspiracy of it all! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwanLady wrote:
Well, I guess I'm with Tony. My husband and I donated to Bush's reelection campaign, too. Before I got involved here, however. Does that count? LOL

Oh, and to make things even worse... I LIVE IN TEXAS! Ohhh the conspiracy of it all! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Is it even possible to determine who has and has not
(a) donated to a political campaign or party and SBVT,
and
(b) NOT donated to a political campaign or party BUT gave to SBVT

I'm category B

How do you get a poll started? Question
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just shocked!!! Jaw hitting the floor shocked!!!! Shocked I really have to tell you that I am a republican also? I thought it was going to be my secret...but I will confess also. I voted for President Bush in the last election...guess that is why the swiftvets are being accused of being funded by us "rich" republicans. But I will admit I am not from Texas...only stationed there. Damn!

Tony....not sure what we are going to do with you! Very Happy
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Confession is Good for the Soul Reply with quote

P3 Tweek wrote:
Wow! Tony! You may sleep well tonight, now that you've relieved your conscience. Let's hope this doesn't become a major scandal that will turn the election.

Very Happy Awesome photo! I made a wallpaper out of it for my computer screen.

AX2 P-3C updateII Tweek USN

Glad you like the photo. I took that of my son a few years back at the Korean War Memorial in DC. Was in the right place at the right time. You have to be careful, however. Someone in the DNC could use that photo to link the two of us, and since I'm a confessed GOP voting, SBVFT giving kind of guy, we could both wind up in a heap of trouble.... Rolling Eyes Cool

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
NAV307
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand how the dictionary can be so out of touch with reality.

As defined ...

Truth is not truth.

Lies are not Lies.

Because it's politics you know ...

But when logic is not logical I really strain to understand.

If it is not logical for republicans to fund activities to elect republicans ...

and it is not logical that people of substance contribute more to a cause than people of lesser means ...

Or that someone who disagrees with a person running for office has some history of donating to or supporting the other party ...

It just doesn't make sense ... I don't care what the definition is, or whether it is a political activity or not.

But ... what the heck ... let's elect the person who doesn't tell the truth, who does lie, and who doesn't understand logic. Sounds like the perfect person to lead our country and be our Commander in Chief.

NAV307
SarahQuan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: I gave toooooo!!!! Reply with quote

I will state boldly, I gave to the Swift Vets and I intend to give again. I and my husband (who is serving in Iraq) will be voting for President Bush in Nov. I have also been speaking to family members to vote for Bush.
Let it be clear, we are not voting for President Bush because we dislike Kerry, although we really do dislike Kerry, we are voting for President Bush because we feel he is the man for the job in these dangerous times we live in. He is not perfect, but I believe he will listen to us. Democrats do not listen to us.
SarahQuan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: I gave Reply with quote

Just another thought. I want to support the Swift Vets because I believe them. I am so upset that Kerry used our military service for his polical hunger. He never cared to serve this nation, he never gave a dang about this shipmates. He didn't care how harmful his comments were to the soldiers who were still in harms way. It did not matter to him that others were going over there and how his voice put them in danger. I don't have any family who served in Nam, but I do have family that served in WW11, one Uncle died in Germany in 1945 in battle. My husband is now serving in Iraq.
It just kills me that so many people support this shamful man, they turn a blind eye , they refuse to hear, they refuse to think. I felt the same way when Clinton was running. I believe a person's character is important when choosing a leader. Both of these men have questionable characters. They are both self-serving men. They are both unfaithful to someone. Kerry was and is unfaithful to his shipmates, he bailed on them, and betrayed them. Clinton betrayed his family, and he betrayed us when he did not act to stop Ben Laden.
I am sure you have heard of the Great Falling Away. We are seeing it now.
SarahQuan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: I gave toooooo!!!! Reply with quote

I will state boldly, I gave to the Swift Vets and I intend to give again. I and my husband (who is serving in Iraq) will be voting for President Bush in Nov. I have also been speaking to family members to vote for Bush.
Let it be clear, we are not voting for President Bush because we dislike Kerry, although we really do dislike Kerry, we are voting for President Bush because we feel he is the man for the job in these dangerous times we live in. He is not perfect, but I believe he will listen to us. Democrats do not listen to us.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, 307 - let's not confuse the leftists with facts, eh?

In their little world, a true grassroots organization does not exist if it supports conservatives or conservative causes.

This new grassroots thing has got them realllllly nervous... policeofficersforbush, airlinepilotsforbush, firefightersforbush, educatorsforbush - all of them bucking their unions because they detest John Kerry.

With the exception of the teachers, the others are all heavily veteran. Wink
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
This new grassroots thing has got them realllllly nervous... policeofficersforbush, airlinepilotsforbush, firefightersforbush, educatorsforbush - all of them bucking their unions because they detest John Kerry.

And it's growing every day, thanks to groups like this, God Bless ya.

I can hear the trolls grinding their teeth now.... Evil or Very Mad

I think I'll start..."CrankyOldRetiredFartsforBush... Twisted Evil

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since we are being honest about things here and "political connections", I must confess that there are photos of me floating around shaking hands with Ted Kennedy.(That was an interesting day) I will even go so far as to admit that I once voted for Joh Kerry, before I VOTE Against him this Novemember!!
The fact of the matter is this when it comes to "Political Connections", I have seen a great number of people donate to the SBVFT, I have seen the Presidnet totaly dissavow himself from SBVFT, I have seen the Bush/Cheney Campaign remove a Volunteer worker for their campaign after he appeared in an ad for SBVFT.
I have seen George Soros contribute billions to Moveon.org, Kerrys Campaign, and other groups bound and determined to remove President Bush from Office, I have seen John Kerry hire two key people from Moveon.org to work on his campaign, one of whom has stated he is allowed to still communicate with them.
I have seen no screaming in the Press over these obvious connections between JK and Moveon.org and George Soros. I have seen no screaming in the Press about the obvious connections between JK and the Hollywood Elite who use their own money to oust Bush. I have seen no calls from the DNC or Kerry to dissavow any ads or comments that have called into question Bushes credibility or Service.
The Hypocracy of Kerry and the DNC is unbelievable to me. Wether you would vote for the President or not is not an issue and should not be an issue here. It does not appear as it is, if John Kerry were not running would this group even be here right now?Who knows, but I know John O'Neill did not wait until Kerry ran for the Presidency to question his actions. He did it 30 years ago! I also remember when SBVFT first came into my sights, well before Kerry becae the Nominee.
As to these supposed connections (flyers) in Florida, funny that a man from VVAW is on the Kerry payroll where that "flyer was found". Funny thing about Kerry hiring a man who once called for the assasination of U.S. Officials who supported the War in Vietnam. Rolling Eyes
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for Sarah's apparent typo about Kerry being a "shamful" man. Maybe she meant "shameful", but "shamful" is VERY appropriate: Kerry's entire life has been full of shams! From his sham Purple Hearts to his sham accusations against true heroes, to his sham of posing as a "war hero" and filming himself "in action" (what if an enemy had shot him or his cameraman while he was staging his film in Vietnam?).

Shamful: the new definition of Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: