SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doubting Thomas Here...But..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dubious
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note: Hearsay and unsubstantiated. Please do not post material that defames Vietnam era vets. If your story is true, then your acquaintance was an oddity. More likely he was lying through his teeth. Wannabe syndrome. People like him helped to contribute to the odious reputation with which vets of that era had to live when they returned.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[This responds to a post from 'dubious' which apparently was just wiped out. If the moderator wiped it out, feel free to wipe this as well.]

Nobody is claiming that no atrocities were committed at all. I am told that a few are always committed, which is one of the reasons war is bad.

Having said that, I see a difference between atrocities as policy (Genghis Khan), vs. atrocities which are against policy, investigated and punished, because most of the guys serving are noble and professional. Kerry said it was the first one. And Kerry's (few) witnesses or informants were, upon investigation, discredited.

Last edited by joe_madeup on Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that these elements are being UNDER WORKED

Bronze Star incident: Kerry MOVED his RICE wound from earlier in the day, moved it from another location to the fish weir, and moved it from BUTT to arm but doesn't have any medical records except a BRUISE on the arm.

This also discredits Rassmann's account of the "bleeding arm" but the KEY is the SELF-INFLICTED wound through his own negligence while not under enemy fire.

This is EVEN SHOWN in the WaPost map and article and none of the "Kerry Campaign Crew" have disagreed -- even Rassmann was with Kerry when Kerry almost blew HIM up while NOT under enemy fire.

Sandusky (Kerry's pilot) outed Kerry's campaign movie lie when he EXPLAINED WHY Kerry's boat was the only on to leave (and return) while the other boats rescued the 3-Boat and those in the water -- rather than the Kerry version (LIE) which had everyone else "fleeing".

Silver Star -- even ROOD proved that Kerry didn't chase down a "superior enemy force" or charge a "entrenched enemy positions" or do so alone.

Gardner's Account of the child killing in the sampan while Kerry was missing (probably asleep at his station).

The KEY here is not so much the KILLING of the child (and the father) but that Kerry LIED about it on the report claiming about a half dozen "VC" killed and claiming to have captured "more VC" (the mother and baby).

Gardner does a good job on this -- and bravely (IMO) admits straight out that HE (Gardner) fired the rounds that killed father and child. Kerry was supposed to watch the radar and give them several hundred yards standoff to prevent such firing being necessary.

Note: All that detail is too COMPLICATED for all but written accounts.
The KEY is "Sound Bites that BITE into Kerry's LIES"

True, overwhelming, concise, memorable, compelling.

Here is a way you CAN PROVE Kerry a liar to even the most bias listener (he might refuse to "count" them but he cannot refute them):

Kerry confessed to being a war criminal and committing atrocities -- he re-affirmed this even this year (2004) -- he is either a LIAR or a WAR CRIMINAL.

You can even hear and SEE Kerry lying in that add and his campaign material: He claims they were ORDERED to use 50 Calibre machine guns as their ONLY Weapon against civilians -- then he stalks around in his "home war movies" with an M-16 and discussing M60s and other firearms.

It's minor but it is ESSENTIAL to the lie: He claims a war crime with NO CHOICE given him and then proves it false over and over.
frankenwil
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I searched the web and found the transcript of Kerry's testimony as printed in the Congressional Record. His testimony referred to what other people had told him. Kerry never confessed to war crimes in his testimony to Congress.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankenwil,

When Kerry used the word "I" in his testimony, to whom was he referring?
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerry...the voice of authority and conviction...

Now there's an idea...conviction...just what he needs for his admitted war crimes....

Of course he had to throw mud on all vets...so that no one would notice the dirt on him....

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankenwil, please read and note:

This is John F. Kerry's admission in his own words...

Quote:
April 18, 1971 NBCs Meet The Press

MR. CROSBY NOYES (Washington Evening Star): Mr. Kerry, you said at one time or another that you think our policies in Vietnam are tantamount to genocide and that the responsibility lies at all chains of command over there. Do you consider that you personally as a Naval officer committed atrocities in Vietnam or crimes punishable by law in this country?

KERRY: There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, by the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.

Also note, he claims to have only had a .50 Cal to use against innocent civilians, yet all of his "combat movies" show him carrying an M-16.

He misrepresents what a free fire zone was as well as search and destroy missions and harrassment and interdiction fire.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankenwil wrote:
Yesterday I searched the web and found the transcript of Kerry's testimony as printed in the Congressional Record. His testimony referred to what other people had told him. Kerry never confessed to war crimes in his testimony to Congress.

Kerry confessed to war crimes elsewhere: On "Meet the Press".

And re-affirmed it this year.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyBrat wrote:
Laughing

Her Voice + her Politics..= bad reaction

I've also noticed that she's had some major face work done -- either facelift, botox, eye job or maybe all three.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've also noticed that she's had some major face work done -- either facelift, botox, eye job or maybe all three.

All three eyes? Laughing
SOTG
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's three things that we know for sure:

1) Kerry did not spend Christmas in Cambodia

2) Kerry's THREE purple hearts were earned in four months, including one month of training. He got them somehow without having to have a hospitalization, bullets and he didn't even have to miss a day of duty for any of them.

3) Kerry bashed his fellow servicemen when he came home, while they were on active duty.

Frankly, without the book, I wouldn't have known the first two things. And, believe me ... it makes a difference!
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF366TFW wrote:
Actually, I don't think the SBVT are disputing the award of the Bronze Star for the action on 13 Mar 69. It is the Purple Heart that is awarded that day that is in contention. Am I correct?

To my knowledge the first Heart, the third Heart, and the Silver Star are the bones of contention here. All the rest of the "he said, she said" is just smoke and memories. It's the 2 heart and the Silver Star that are the contenteous awards.

That's a big negatory... The BS is in question. Kerry fled the scene for about 20 mins if he drove for 3.1 miles downriver. He raced back to the scene regardless of how far he went. Nothing heroic in leaving your shipmates behind to save your own butt. Once he got back to the scene he was looking for a way to try and salvage what he had just done. Big deal that he fished Rassman out of the water, the other boats were on their way to pick him up. Big deal that he towed PCF-3 out of the river. PCF-51 could have done that if Thurlow wasn't busy trying to actually save lives and direct the damage control operation. PCF-43 was taking on the WIA so they were busy. PCF-51 and PCF-23 were busy trying to keep PCF-3 from sinking and rendering aid to the wounded. That only left PCF-94 (Kerry's boat). Kerry seems to think everyone is stupid and doesn't have the ability to comprehend his cowardice and inflated actions of that day. It was 2300 hrs when Kerry had "his" spot report sent out. You have to ask yourself, how many of the other eyewitnesses were awake at that time? After a more than full day of spinter gripping action. They had to be exhausted. You grab sleep when you can. Again ask yourself, does it really take 5 1/2 hours to write up a report? He had 7 hours to think about what he was going to say. Hmmmm. I'm floating a conspiracy now Twisted Evil Bad Navy Chief. Baaddd Navy Chief.

Kerry did nothing heroic that day - absolutely NOTHING! Earlier in the day, Kerry jumped in a ditch when he heard a bird fart. He was a sniveling coward. I'm sure he may have had a courageous moment or two while there for four months, but nothing he did on 13 Mar 69. You can spray paint a tiger's stripes but it doesn't mean that they still aren't in its genes Cool

- instigator
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bronze Star incident: Kerry MOVED his RICE wound from earlier in the day, moved it from another location to the fish weir, and moved it from BUTT to arm but doesn't have any medical records except a BRUISE on the arm.

Negatory, Herb... Kerry's spot report (7 hrs after incident) says, shrapnel wound left buttock, contusion right forearm (minor). The casualty report sent 24 hrs later says, suffered shrapnel wounds in his left buttocks and contusions on his right forearm when a mine detonated close aboard PCF-94 (his boat). Kerry intentionally lied to the medical officer to get the 3rd PH. NOTE: all other WIA on 13 Mar 69 were seen by medical staff and their casualty reports were sent in the 2300 hour on 13 March. Kerry is the only one who was seen and casualty report sent 24 hours after the fact. You can do the math Wink

- instigator
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

NavyChief is right. Kerry's account of 13 March is a fraud. Just a smidgen of common sense and experience with assault rifles will tell you that. 75 yards (the width of the canal as I understand it) is point blank range for an AK-47 even for man sized targets much less a swiftboat.

If Kerry really had gone 3.2 miles (5000 meters) through heavy small arms fire, his boat should have looked like swiss cheese and his personelle casualties should have been severe.

The problem is the casualty and damage reports indicate no such thing. I consider that slam-dunk forensic evidence that shows that Kerry can not be telling the truth.

Truth is Beauty
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Polaris. Wink

If anyone is still in doubt whether Kerry actually wrote the Market Time Spot Report for 13 Mar 69 action, let me know. I am working on a shortened version of the letter I sent to the Washington Post fisking Michael Dobbs story to prove once and for all that Kerry was the only author of the spot report and how that report would have generated the BS and 3rd PH recommendations. The incident was started with fraud and ended with fraud.

- instigator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: