SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swiftees are my Heroes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
risawn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Swiftees are my Heroes Reply with quote

First post, I promise I'm not a Troll!

First off, I would like to make note that I've been following the story on the Swiftees for about a month now, and I've been heavily lurking this forum for the last couple of days. You guys RAWK!

Working at a Bookstore, after Unfit came out and sat on the shelf for a few days (we finally had a run and sold out on Friday), I was still kind of borderline on the issues (as I'm not a complete Bush fan, and at the beginning of this election year I was pretty undecided about who to vote for), and I was hesitant on buying the book at first and read it with some skepticism and with an open mind.

But the Swiftees won me over. The evidence is pretty damning for Kerry, I'm surprised the man has the gall to run on his Vietnam record with how he reacted after the fact. You guys have your facts straight, and every time Kerry's Campaign has 'evidence' to condemn the Swiftees, I just come here to get the counterpoint, which basically blows their story out of the water.

You guys rock! I think I will seriously start contributing to your discussions here from now on.

For the record, I'm a 23 year old female Army Reservist who has yet to see time in Iraq (just waiting for my time to serve) so I can't claim veterans status, but I am a staunch supporter of our Veterans. I will be voting this upcoming election, and I will tell you right now that Kerry does NOT have my vote! And I will do all I can to sway my fellow coworkers (all of whom adamently hate Bush) what I read here.

Why is it that people who hate Bush don't seem to have a valid reason for voting for Kerry other then "he's not Bush"? That doesn't seem like a really good reason for me.

Rock on!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MarcB
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote

Risawn,

Welcome to the forums. Even the Moderators are polite here. Many of the topics have been covered so I would suggest using search. The forums are so busy these days that unless you read it every hour you might miss something.

with regards

Marc

- Winston Churchill, on Neville Chamberlain
IpsoFacto
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome risawn.

I am glad that at least you have been willing to listen to the Vets case, rather than just dismissing them as part of the "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy". Twisted Evil
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, IpsoFacto!

I happen to be a proud member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy! Wink

Well, I am registered as a Republican. Does that count?

Laughing
IpsoFacto
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh, forgive me! Twisted Evil

By the way, since you are one of those "Evil Conservatives" (Like Glenn Beck calls us), do you know the name of the woman who said that?

Maybe this one? http://antesdelfin.com/ilustrations/hilaryscisors.jpg
PO2
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Swiftees are my Heroes Reply with quote

risawn wrote:
First post, I promise I'm not a Troll!

For the record, I'm a 23 year old female Army Reservist who has yet to see time in Iraq (just waiting for my time to serve) so I can't claim veterans status, but I am a staunch supporter of our Veterans. I will be voting this upcoming election, and I will tell you right now that Kerry does NOT have my vote! And I will do all I can to sway my fellow coworkers (all of whom adamently hate Bush) what I read here.

Damn, girl. Keep your head and ass down if you go over there. The best to ya. Nam 67=68
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

risawn, don't worry about being or not being a Bush supporter. This site is not a pro-Bush site, it's anti-Kerry. We would be doing this if Kerry were a Republican and many of the Swift vets are indeed Democrats.

Our purpose is to expose Kerry.

As to Iraq, take care of yourself there and keep your head down. We hope to see you come back and stand tall and proud alongside the rest of us for doing your duty honorably. If you end up not going, stand tall and proud too, you still served your time honorably. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: