SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Political parties of Swift Vets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Powerboss
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Political parties of Swift Vets Reply with quote

As you all know one of the key talking points is that this is a group of Republicans.

Well, what is the makeup of the Swiftboat Vets?

Is there any documentary evidence out there to combat this talking point?

Ive heard that John O'Neill has given to both parties in the past but some Democrats have an article which states that all his donations in the past decade have been to Republicans only.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sick of this argument about SBVT being supported by Republicans. Who the heck do the liberals expect to support SBVT -- Democrats?

Seriously, Republicans donate money to SBVT just like Democrats donate to Moveon.org.

So, tell me, what is wrong with that? NOTHING!! So, change the f _ _ _ i n g subject and get real!!!
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I say to that is, All the people at moveon who Kerry is dealing with are Democrats Cool

Although personaly I could care less, it doesn't matter who they voted for or gave money too in the past, the point is Kerry is a lier and is not fit to be CIC, and that is what they are showing the American people.
Powerboss
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree. It is a complete attempt to misdirect the issue.

However, it would be really, really nice to rub their noses in it with some proof of some kind.
Belisaurius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somebody here knows the site you can go to check a person's political contributions. The address of that site escapes me, but I've seen John O'Neill's. Let me tell you, if he's a member of the VRWC, he's doing a damn fine job at disinformation.
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Political parties of Swift Vets Reply with quote

Powerboss wrote:
As you all know one of the key talking points is that this is a group of Republicans.

Well, what is the makeup of the Swiftboat Vets?

Is there any documentary evidence out there to combat this talking point?

Ive heard that John O'Neill has given to both parties in the past but some Democrats have an article which states that all his donations in the past decade have been to Republicans only.

I imagine that Republicans, Independents, and Blue Dog Democrats are contributing. The last stats that I've seen is that 70% of military personnel consider themselves Republicans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: