SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Reilly is a lost cause.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: O'Reilly is a lost cause. Reply with quote

I was hoping that Bill might actually read the book while he was on vacation last week, but it was obvious from his radio show that he hadnt. The SBVFT are no differant than Moveon.org to him.

Anybody want some O'Reilly gear and books?
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm done with him, I listen to Hannity, Rush and Savage. On tV its Hume, Hannity sometimes Scarbourgh Pat if he had a show
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Orielly is trying to take the supposed "high,moral" ground by being against all supposed negative ads, whether they are true or not. He obviously cant see that an ad showing the truth, is not a negative ad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO IT IS WORSE HE DID A POLL, ASKING IF "ARE YOU TIRED OF

ALL THIS SWIFTBOAT STUFF" THAT IS THE WAY HE FRAMED IT

WITH HIS OWN LITTLE WHINE, (SOUNDED JUST LIKE KERRY'S)

HE IS A TROLL, HE IS A TROLL, HE IS IN THE WIRE AND

HE IS SO FULL OF HIMSELF HE WILL WIGGLE AROUND THE

WIRE AND GET REAL TANGLED.

BLOW HIM OFF
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly doesn't care about anyone but himself. He is so interested in his ratings that he's terrified to lose his liberal audience. I'm through with this massive egomaniac. He never gets anything right. He is "factually bankrupt"
operating exclusively on high-octane-ego.

nomorelies Evil or Very Mad
BlueLotus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually...

This could be O'Reilly's way of trying to stem the tide of emails against his past coverage...

If the poll suggests no more Swift Vets, then he can say, "Well, I would like to cover it, but my audience isn't interested!"

However, if the poll suggests the opposite, he can then say, "Well, the audience wants us to cover this so we will!"

See, either way, you cannot blame HIM for whatever coverage happens, he's just giving the audience what they want.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT MATTERS
Septer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just listened to Larry Elder (on my XM Radio - ch. 124) and he stated that in Chaper 2 in 'Unfit For Command' that Kerry had enlisted in the Naval Reserves to avoid going to war.
Also stated was that Kerry knew upon graduating that he more than likely was going to be drafted so figured it better to sign up in the Navy or Coast Guard because they were unlikely to see much action back in 1966.

Is this true?!?!
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Septer,

Oh it's true all right. www.spinsanity.com explains how Kerry's call to duty is overrated. Yesterday the London Telegraph did a piece on the same story.

Truth is Beauty
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Septer:

It is true. Kerry also tried to get a student deferment so he could spend a year studying in Paris, and he was turned down.

Since he was sure to be drafted anyway, he picked the Naval Reserves and then was called to active duty.

At that point he picked the swift boats because they were doing coastal patrol at the time and saw little, if any action.

Just before he began training however, he discovered that Admiral Zumwalt had decided to change the mission of the Swiftboats from patrolling the coast to patrolling the canals and rivers in an attempt to interdict Viet Cong patrols and supplies.

At his first posting, with Coastal Division 13, Kerry bitched and moaned constantly about how he wanted out of combat and to go back to patrolling the coast.

finally Grant Hibbard and the others got him transferred to Coastal 11.

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First,If Larry Elder says it, it's FACT.He does his research and is one smart hombre.I am in some ways an eglomaniac.....but I would not EVER debate Larry Elder.I have an ego and LOSING is not in my books.Larry Elder is speaking right now on the SBVT'rs as we speak.He loves em! He says, "Okay John Kerry, Debate them you fool! dont run, dont hide,dont sue. Debate them. Act like the leader you so much are trying to be.

NoMoreLies,
Your balls dead on my man.Fine words about O'Reilly.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 years ago while searching for a new apartment I had only 1 requirement and that was that the cable provider carried Fox News specifically so I could watch The Factor. It is a very sad day after all these years of watching O'Reilley that I feel betrayed and cannot stomach watching his show anymore. I would have had no problem with O'Reilley taking the position he did if I felt he had researched the facts behind the Swift Boat 527, rather then just calling them a partisan attack. If he thinks hes staying above the fray and being objective then hes played his card wrong. It is possible O'Reilley has no family or has had very little contact with veterans and its difficult for him to relate, but there is no doubt in my mind after watching O'Neill, Odell & the other swifites as to their passion for the truth to be known. The Difference between SwiftVets for Truth and organizations such as move on and others is primarily the swifties reliance on facts and not propoganda. Keep in mind there is not a group of 250 Alabama Air National Guardsmen calling for Bush to explain his Absence from the base so many years ago, but their are definately 250 Coastal Divison 11 veterans who have come out to declare Kerry 'Unfit for Command'. I think this is important to note and O'Reilley being an educated smart individual should have been able to relate to this as well and understand that in no way is this 527 similar to any of the others currently out there.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to say that without conscious effort I have not watched O'Reilly but once in about two to three weeks. He had John Kasich on with Drunk Lady Susan and that were blasting SBVT.

My point is I think I lost some respect for Bill. He never considered the evidence and yet that his what he advocates all of the time. I am certain that many others have lost respect also.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilley is out of touch! I had posted this in another forum, but it's just as pertinent here...

I used to think O'Reiley was OK, but I've been rather disappointed by him lately. I tried to write him more than a month ago to tip him on the Swift Boat Vets, but you have to be a "member" of his website to get to the feedback secion. Then, when I joined, this was on the privacy policy...

From http://www.billoreilly.com/pg/jsp/help/general/privacypolicy.jsp

BEGIN QUOTE:
>>Currently, we do not share your specific information with non-affiliated companies or organizations outside of BillOReilly.com without your permission. We reserve the right to do so in the future, however. BillOReilly.com does provide aggregate statistics and information about our sales, traffic patterns and related site information to third parties. We also reserve the right to share aggregate statistical data of which your personal information is a part, as well as your specific personal information sometime in the future. You are responsible for checking this Policy periodically to monitor any changes to our data sharing practices. <<
END QUOTE:

Note the BS about how they can do anything they want, any time they want, with your data. Completely irresponsible, and out of touch with reality. Particularly for someone who claims to be looking out for me. I actually unchecked the part that said that I agreed with the policy and they still signed me up. Is Bill his own webmaster? Smile I wrote him and complained about his privacy policy, but I'm convinced he's computer illiterate enough that he doesn't comprehend the situation. I haven't heard back from him.

And his email newsletter is impossible to read unless you view it in IE with HTML enabled. And what a bloated "ain't I great" bunch of crap it is, practically begging for money with an attitude that better fits a late night infomercial (BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!!!). My preferred method is plain text, like the venerable "Federalist Patriot". http://FederalistPatriot.US

Anyway, his interview with Michael "Jabba" Mooron was pathetic. I'd have rather seen Moore locked in the giant hampster wheel with Dr. Ruth Westheimer in a World Wrestling Federation death match... or at least 30 lashes with a wet noodle by Dear Abbey. Instead, O'Reilley just patsy caked around with Moore until by the end of the interview, nothing at all had been said!!!! Sad

O'Reilley has missed the bus. Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are the real thing. I tried to tip him quite a while back, and he dropped the ball. He has lost every shred of impresssiveness in my eyes.

MarineBrat
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genx, Ben, Marine, you have very well expressed my feelings about Oreilly too. I used to hold him in very high regard. He was one of the few celebs whose hand I wanted to shake. Now he is dirt to me because of the way he has handled the swiftvet issue. We all know the real deal when we see it and the swifties are the real deal. Oreilly seems to have sold out his integrity. for what I can only imagine Sad Evil or Very Mad

On a more happy note, I just received my two copies of Unfit for Command. Will be giving one of them to a vet in the office and hope he spreads the word to his vet buddies.

Zell Miller
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: