SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DJ Bush Calls For End To TV Ads Critical Of Kerry War Record

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: DJ Bush Calls For End To TV Ads Critical Of Kerry War Record Reply with quote

This was to be expected...it is not a statement against the Swift-Vets, its just what Bush had to do to stop this Silly question of Kerry demanding his opponent help him from a separate group of Critics. I for one am glad its finally done, it removes the roadblock they were using to ignoring answering the real questions put to him by SwiftVets

--------------------------------------------------------

CRAWFORD, Texas (AP)--President George W. Bush on Monday denounced a television advertisement attacking John Kerry's war record and called for a halt to all such political ads by outside groups.

Bush said he doesn't think there ought to be any unregulated groups involved in the political discourse. "That means that ad and every other ad," he said. "I think they're bad for the system."

He was referring specifically to an ad sponsored by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth that said Kerry didn't deserve his Purple Hearts, lied to get his Bronze Star and Silver Star, wasn't fighting in neutral Cambodia as he said he was and that he unfairly branded all veterans with his 1971 congressional testimony about atrocities in Vietnam. .

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

08-23-04 1336ET- - 01 36 PM EDT 08-23-04
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: DJ Bush Calls For End To TV Ads Critical Of Kerry War Re Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
This was to be expected...it is not a statement against the Swift-Vets, its just what Bush had to do to stop this Silly question of Kerry demanding his opponent help him from a separate group of Critics. I for one am glad its finally done, it removes the roadblock they were using to ignoring answering the real questions put to him by SwiftVets

--------------------------------------------------------

CRAWFORD, Texas (AP)--President George W. Bush on Monday denounced a television advertisement attacking John Kerry's war record and called for a halt to all such political ads by outside groups.

Bush said he doesn't think there ought to be any unregulated groups involved in the political discourse. "That means that ad and every other ad," he said. "I think they're bad for the system."

He was referring specifically to an ad sponsored by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth that said Kerry didn't deserve his Purple Hearts, lied to get his Bronze Star and Silver Star, wasn't fighting in neutral Cambodia as he said he was and that he unfairly branded all veterans with his 1971 congressional testimony about atrocities in Vietnam. .

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

08-23-04 1336ET- - 01 36 PM EDT 08-23-04

Bush knows full well that the SwiftVets will not stop. He has nothing to lose and everything to gain by staying above the fray...unlike the hysterical democrats.

FDL
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: DJ Bush Calls For End To TV Ads Critical Of Kerry War Re Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
I for one am glad its finally done, it removes the roadblock they were using to ignoring answering the real questions put to him by SwiftVets

Next Roadblock:

Why did it take him so long to do it? Mad

or, more likely:

"Even John McCain, err, Bush has denounced this" Rolling Eyes
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not tell you how bad Kerry is screwing up.....
1. It was dumb of him to ask Bush to denounce the ads
----serves no purpose make Kerry look like a whimpy leader.

2. It was dumb of him to create an ad for Bush to denounce the Ads
----This event pushed the media into over drive...they have something to cover again.

3. It was dumb of him to use McCain in the above ad
-----McCain will likely correct the record and make kerry look foolish at the Republican Convention.

4. But the worst mistake of today was NOT ACCEPTING BUSH'S "DENOUNCEMENT"

-----Kerry has NO exit now...he can not get out of this, he can not back down now. He will continue to go after Bush when Bush has said as much as he can.

The first reaction to Bush was not to say....Great lets move on....instead he must defend his stance.

He is standing ground on a losing postion....he is dust. Seriously just on the tactical level....his advisor's and Kerry himself are rushing forward in a terrible plan.

I guess that fact that his 180 form release would fully expose his lies, is really troubling him

AWWWWWWW
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points, integritycounts! I was thinking the same thing about John Mcain when I saw his picture in the ad. At least Kerry had to spend $$$ to put out that ad (when he really was trying to save $$)!!
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the Bush-press exchange and did not see him denounce any Swift ad except as part of the larger bundle. He said he "denounces" all 527 ads and they should be taken off (in response to questions about the Swift ads). He obviously is baiting the DEMs regarding MoveOn, MediaFund, etc.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People,

This is a win/win for President Bush. He appears to be a decisive leader calling for a stop to all 527 ads. He appears compassionate coming to the rescue of Kerry....and he knows that our ads won't stop.

I like it Twisted Evil

Truth is Beauty
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush now forces Kerry to stop the Moveon.org ads and the many other anti-Bush ads. If Kerry fails in that, then it opens up another great ad from the Bush campaign to show Kerry has no credibility.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry will do nothing to stop any 527 that has been attacking Bush. His Campaign Staff has been tripping over themselves today over this and right now I would say it will be a cold day in hell that it happens.
SonTestedShelter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, this is awesome. Bush denounces, yet realistically can't do anything about it. He's done his part, now the Swiftees continue theirs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: