SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternate Distirbution Method

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohM
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Alternate Distirbution Method Reply with quote

If this has been suggested before then disregard.

At some point, McCain-Feingold kicks in I do believe. But I think the message can still get out. Here is what I propose.

1) Take the videos that SBVT develops and put them on a selfbooting CD. Use Open Source it's free. Just drop it in the CD tray and let it rip. No need to change the computer at all! Take the CD out and it is back the way it was.

2) Develop this as an .ISO image so that it can be downloaded and burned to anyone's CD burner who has one. Also develop a set of labels using standard Avery stock that can be put on the CD.

3) Let folks burn them as they need them. Blanks are less than a dime in 100 bulk paks. Put the label on them.

4) Distribute them at shopping centers, hand them out at rallies, leave them at the laundrymat, bulletin boards, etc.

I don't believe that McCain-Feingold has any validity in that type of distribution. Using CD's could keep the whole effort going well into the election.

Just an idea.

JohnM
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Alternate Ad Distribution Reply with quote

I heartily agree with this method. For some reason, I've not been able to play them (I use DSL) in any of the four formats.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnM,

We can run TV ads until election day. That is because the SBVT accepts no corporate contributions.

Truth is Beauty
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Alternate Ad Distribution Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
I heartily agree with this method. For some reason, I've not been able to play them (I use DSL) in any of the four formats.

If you cannot play them -- try DOWNLOADING them to disk and the playing the saved files.

If you can't do it with your browser (Usually right-click "save target")
the get WGET from www.Sourceforge.net
and run it from a command line:

wget URL-FOR-THE-FILE

wget http://swift2.he.net/~swift2/sellout.wmv
wget http://swift2.he.net/~swift2/anyquestions.wmv

If you even need to get a LOT of stuff from a site, WGET is great and it runs on both Windows and Unix
JohM
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris,

Well that's good to know and quite handy. Thanks for the knowledge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: