SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dem says George Bush betrayed his country by not serving!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Dem says George Bush betrayed his country by not serving! Reply with quote

I just can't believe what I just heard on Hannity and Colmes. The democratic representative, Marion ___ [?], just said that George W. Bush betrayed his country by not serving in Vietnam. Hannity called her on it and she refused to back down. This is a new low. I hope all our honorable National Guard heard her. The editor on the National Review jumped on her and so did Hannity. Don't remember anything from Alan. What did you all hear?
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy wife,

And what about Edwards who was lucky enough to get a high draft number? Did he betray his country too. This is not a line the Dems want to persue....no way.

IMHO it is all ABB for the Dems, and that is going to backfire. [In politics you need to stand for something, not against something.]

Edit: Sorry about that.....I never was good with faces and names Razz

Truth is Beauty

Last edited by Polaris on Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee! If they think so poorly of Bush...imagine how low their opinion must be of Billie Clinton.

Ooops! My bad...Dim's patriotism can't be questioned.....
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say questioning that Kerry's war records are ugly smears and then in the same breath attack Bush. Hypocrites.
SonTestedShelter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that lady said that. My mouth practically dropped when I saw that.
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the dems so desperate to preserve Kerry's hero status that they've forgotten Bill Clinton?He didn't serve in Vietnam either, in fact he said "thank you for saving me from the draft", so that means he betrayed his country too.Dems are going down come Nov, I can feel it in my bones.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wasn't me, Polaris, that was "Navy wife."

I know.... we all look alike.... Wink
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Dem says George Bush betrayed his country by not serving Reply with quote

Navy wife wrote:
I just can't believe what I just heard on Hannity and Colmes. The democratic representative, Marion ___ [?], just said that George W. Bush betrayed his country by not serving in Vietnam.

This is one of the most spectacular examples of "Argument by Bizarre Definition" that I've ever seen. Calling Bush's National Guard service a "betrayal" while John Kerry's slandering of U.S. soldiers as Genghis Khans who cut off ears and heads is ... what? Heroic?

Marion needs a good stiff dose of Haldol.

The Dems are really flailing. Be prepared for ever-more-bizarre hysterics in upcoming weeks.

FDL
Patriotic Mom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: It's Marianne Marsh Reply with quote

It's Maryann Marsh and I have the dubious honor of seeing her often on local Massachusetts TV where she works. Imagine/Visualize having to listen to her opine on our local races Wink
grizzfan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'democratic party' representitive was Mary Anne Marsh, and she has been a Kool-Aide drinker from birth. Look for nothing enlightening from this person, pure spin, but the party line and talking points.

tpr
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes me laugh is that they can say stuff like this, but if any of us come out and say Kerry betrayed America by falsely testifying to Congress about war crimes or exposing how he manufactured reports to gain medals, we are conducting a smear campaign. Confused
B52vet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a classic case of smoke and mirrors on the part of the Dem machine. Since they can't argue facts, they throw up as much mud as possible knowing some of it will stick.

After all, maybe 20% on each end of the spectrum (or less) are engaged enough to do their own research and form their own opinions. Conversely, the vast majority in the middle get their opinions handed to them in sound bites from talking heads and "news briefs", or by word of mouth at the office water cooler. If they watch the MSM "news" at all, it's because "Amber Frey testified!" or there's some "Shocking new revelation about Michael Jackson you won't wanna miss!" (gag). The nuts and bolts of seemingly partisan political issues are ignored. Headlines are read and sound bites listened to far more than the word-by-word details of the story itself.

Eight years in the armed forces and twenty as a police officer showed me what nonsense is spread on a regular basis by the MSM under the guise of "news". The alarming way that misinformation then gets spread on the street and repeated over and over is truly discouraging. Unfortunately, once a lie is told a sufficient number of times, it then becomes the new "truth", almost impervious to facts and (un)common sense.

Bottom line, critical thinking skills are in incredibly short supply among the general population, and the Dem spin machine knows it. This is evidenced by the number of times recently I've heard MSN anchors and reporters - including those at Fox - mouthing DNC talking points as though they were facts (i.e. the Rood article in the S-T refutes the entire Swiftvet case against Kerry, etc).

To a casual listener, if the statement went unchallenged, it must be fact. The result? The next day at water coolers all across America - "Oh, I heard on the news that some guy who was with Kerry in Viet Nam proved all the charges against Kerry are false."

The Dems also know if you can put enough misinformation into the mainstream, it will confuse and misdirect the disengaged middle into thinking the whole issue boils down to a "he said/he said". Most will think the issue too complicated and tune it out, and the whole episode becomes a wash to anyone other than hardened partisans on each end of the spectrum. On this particular issue, that's the best the Dems can hope for.

Of course, in a race this tight, a few percent one way or another could mean the different between victory and defeat for either candidate.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one more Democrat spokesmonkey who owes this president.......not to mention every single man and woman who now serves or ever did serve in the Guard.......an enormous apology which will never be given--

** sigh ** --Just shameful--C
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris, 'sawright. Wink

What's really funny is that the MSM is finally talking about Kerry's real record, but just as with anything military, they don't know what they're talking about.

Just think about the boneheaded endless speculation during the wars... first GWI, then afghanistan, then Iraq.... the endless stream of misinformation and airheaded speculation....

And meanwhile, Swifts is building up steam on the internet and talk radio, where the issues are discussed in depth and at a level that any civilian can understand.

But, most important the word is quietly spreading via blogs and emails among VETERANS and ACDU!!!

We could lose this election for this chameleon all by ourselves, while the media's still stuck on details they don't even understand. This, to me is just beautiful.... pure magic!

Thank you, algore! Razz
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She said that Bush betrayed his country when he went to the National Guard. Sean Hannity's jaw hit the floor and so did the other journalist. Alan Colmes just sat there for about 7 minutes with a deer in the headlights look. Sean told her "I am not letting you get away with this". He spanked her for several minutes and the other reporter said "My God I have never heard anything like this before, then he stuttered something and said I can't believe this". They both asked her again and she repeated it and said that she stands by her statement. Colmes didn't say anything, just sat there with that befuddled look. We have won this case cut and dry!!!! I was waiting for the area 51 thing, you know the aliens. You can bet your schrapnel catcher that this will be played all week. I bet she doesn't have a job tomorrow, no I am sorry she will get a promotion for it. Semper Fi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: