SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

official contemporaneous documents all support Kerry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtpNY
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: official contemporaneous documents all support Kerry Reply with quote

What's extremely frustrating is that the spin that seems to gaining traction is that the official contemporaneous documents all support Kerry (in regard to his medals).
It has become the "official military record" versus the undocumented opinions of politically motivated Swift Boat Veterans.

It's never (or hardly ever it seems) pointed out that *all* of the documents have not been released and many of the documents that have been released appear to be self-serving (even written by Kerry himself).

President Bush wasn't allowed to cherry pick which military documents that he wanted to release. He wasn't allowed to *selectively* release only those documents that portrayed him in a positive light.
The press wouldn't have it.
They wanted to see *all* the documents and judge for themselves.
Why isn't Kerry held to this same standard of full disclosure?

President Bush was practically ambushed and made to squirm on "Meet The Press".
Russert persisted (paraphrasing) "Will you agree, right here, to release every document related to your military service?" and wouldn't take no for an answer until the President agreed to do so.
In the following days, the rest of the press corps picked up on the challenge and badgered the President's press secretary/spokesman until the documents were finally released a few days later. Every minute detail was released including dental records (which are now a current hot talking point, i.e Kerry received shrapnel and Bush received fillings). I saw two different Kerry reps use the same line over the weekend.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official Military Records were based off of spot reports and after action reports submitted by John Kerry. Of course they will bear him out, most of the time Laughing

His own campaign is having trouble repeating the reports the same. Compare that to the word and eyewitness accounts of over 60 veterans and you'll see what's going on.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: official contemporaneous documents all support Kerry Reply with quote

mtpNY wrote:
What's extremely frustrating is that the spin that seems to gaining traction is that the official contemporaneous documents all support Kerry (in regard to his medals).
It has become the "official military record" versus the undocumented opinions of politically motivated Swift Boat Veterans.

It's never (or hardly ever it seems) pointed out that *all* of the documents have not been released and many of the documents that have been released appear to be self-serving (even written by Kerry himself).

www.megat.co.uk/wrong/

Dear Main Strean Media (MSM):

For your convenience, I have highlighted the brain malfunctions that
most closely resemble the ones you repeatedly make on the topic of John Kerry's Vietnam experiences and documentation:

Proof by Lack of Evidence
Example: I've never seen you drunk, so you must be one of those Amish people.

Incompleteness as Proof of Defect
Example: Your theory of gravity doesn't address the question of why there are no unicorns, so it must be wrong.

Generalizing from Self
Example: I'm a liar. Therefore, I don't believe what you're saying

Ignoring all Anecdotal Evidence
Example: I always get hives immediately after eating strawberries. But withouta scientifically controlled experiment, it's not reliable data. So I continue to eat strawberries every day, since I can't tell if they cause hives

Ignoring the Advice of Experts Without Good Reason
Example: Sure, the experts think you shouldn't ride a bicycle into the eye of a hurricane, but I have my own theory.

Following the Advice of Known Idiots
Example: Uncle Billy says pork makes you smarter. That's good enough for me!

Reaching Bizarre Conclusions Without Any Information
Example: the car won't start. I'm certain the spark plugs have been stolen by rogue clowns.

Faulty Pattern Recognition
Example: His last six wives were murdered mysteriously. I hope to be wife number seven.

Failure to Recognise what's Important
Example: My house is on fire! Quick, call the post office and tell them to hold my mail!

Hallicinations of Reality
Example: I got my facts from a talking tree.

FDL
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

One thing all of us need to HAMMER in to our letters to papers and on message boards is this:

The official record is the very thing that is disputed!

It is disputed because it is based on false testimony by one (then) LT(jg) Kerry.

Truth is Beauty
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:

The official record is the very thing that is disputed!

It is disputed because it is based on false testimony by one (then) LT(jg) Kerry.

There ya go! It doesn't get much simpler than that - I don't know why the talking heads have such a hard time with such concepts. Confused
25-06
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media needs fresh meat or they will move on to a new subject. They have all “looked into it” and that is what they have for now. I see them looking for another topic soon.

I agree they don’t seem to be pushing the message that Kerry should release ALL of his records.

I think that someone’s post on another topic was right, they don’t feel comfortable questioning the war record if they themselves did not serve.

To a degree I feel the same, I was never in the military so how could I ever question a veterans record. I think it would be difficult for me personally to stand toe to toe with a pro-Kerry Vietnam era veteran and push the case that he (Kerry) is not worthy of the medals; even though I absolutely believe that Kerry is no worthy.

Now when you get to the next point, the anti-war activism and the perjury to congress by spreading the lies of the Winter Soldier Investigation, that is a different issue, I can and will argue that point to anyone.

Why haven’t any media personalities pointed out that that those investigations (Winter Soldier) have been totally debunked as false testimonies and that Kerry probably knew it at the time?
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are so funny, fortdixlover.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

25-06 wrote:

I think that someone’s post on another topic was right, they don’t feel comfortable questioning the war record if they themselves did not serve.

I have to disagree. The only reason they are reporting this at all is because they have to. And they are doing their best to defend Kerry. Just look at how many pundits are up there slamming the Swift Vets and who have never read the book.

The MSM is committed to getting rid of Bush. They will do everything they can to make this happen. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIER HATRED FOR BUSH.

And Kerry is their only guy. If they could replace him, they would. No one in the DNC or the MSM is excited about Kerry. It's ABB all the way.

We have to use our own way to get the information out. We have to work around them, cooperate with them when we can, but we can not rely on or expect their journalistic excellence to hp us get the truth out . That trait will NEVER, EVER show up from them.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilarious stuff, fortdixlover!

Has anyone looked into the radio logs that Bill Cowan talked about on Fox News a few days ago? What I understood from him is that there is an official log somewhere where the radio operators would contemporaneously write down who said they were under fire and where. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be evidence that might shut up some of these document-worshipping media folks.
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

25-06 wrote:
To a degree I feel the same, I was never in the military so how could I ever question a veterans record. I think it would be difficult for me personally to stand toe to toe with a pro-Kerry Vietnam era veteran and push the case that he (Kerry) is not worthy of the medals; even though I absolutely believe that Kerry is no worthy.

And that, my friend, is exactly why the Swifties deserve our support, our respect and our praise. I am not a veteran, but I thank and revere all who have served. However, in John Kerry's case, somebody has to set the record straight. He has used and manipulated our respect for veterans. He has abused that respect and trust by completely lying about his achievements, AFTER he condemned everyone else for atrocities.

ONLY fellow veterans are qualified to stand up to another veteran and call him out on the carpet. The Swifties are those brave men and they know the uphill battle they are facing with the press.

Thats why I will send them another donation next payday.

Thank you, Swifties.
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Just ask ... where are the damage reports ? Reply with quote

For the bronze star incident ... 5 boats, narrow river, disabled boat for over an hour ... if there was even one VC with a couple of clips the damage report would show plenty of bullet holes ...
PO2
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Talking points? Reply with quote

I have to respectfully disagree with those who state Talking points:

Sign the SF-180

Thee Standard Form - 180 is a request for a person's individual records. Kerry's records will reflect what has been released so far by Kerry himself. The released records will not contain such valuable information as original author of such things as recommendation for award/decoration or after action reports. I admit that it is a good start, but incomplete at best.
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The eyes of America" ie, the mainstream media turned the whole issue into a chaotic mess back in the early '70's and their presentation stood as the final word since they were not acountable to anyone. That's not so today because we have unbiased media that is rapidly gaining the confidence of the people as the "The New Eyes of America" while the mainstream media is deteriorating into fashions, recipes, Hollywood gossip and concerts on the malls - they're just a hair away from having the credibility of the National Enquirer. What the biggest complaint by the liberal left - yuppers, it's those "fair and balanced" news networks and talk shows - they just don't like to be watched and having to be accountable to anyone. Contact your local unbiased media and thank them for keeping you informed and holding others to be accountable for their irresponsible journalism.
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Time to start asking one pointed question of the media at every opportunity:

Why are you not asking for the 180 from Kerry?

Why are you not demanding as you did of Bush, 180 all of Kerry's records?

What about the 180? (I like that one the best given the direction of his tales from Cambodia).

Keep it simple. Drive it home.

What about the 180?

What about the 180?

What about the 180....?

How about starting a chant at a ballgame? Perhaps signs at the supermarket for the people not looking at the Iternet.

At some point, some bright reporter will sense a mood swing in the public and a good soundbite and will confront Kerry.

Perhaps at the Republican Convention? Dole?

Personally, I'd love to see Bush ram it home in their first debate. "What about the 180?" He'd never do it though.

Time to fire up another commerical -- a simple 10 second spot. Black background with white text.

Okay, rant time ended for today.

Cazador
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's boatcrew knows the truth about the Sampan incident no matter what that whitewash 'official report' says.

How long can Kerry's 'band of brothers' live with their conscience?

Notice you are not seeing ANY of these guys the last two weeks? aside from one michael medeiros comment to a reporter about chasing an enemy craft into cambodia but not following it into cambodia, and saying he 'doesn't remember' being in Cambodia with john kerry, his band of brothers has been AWOL from this controversy.

Steve Gardner says he shot a father and a little boy because Kerry wasn't watching the radar. The official report says 4 VC are assumed killed, 2 VC killed for sure and 2 VC CIA (Captured In Action). He waved that official navy report in John Hurley's face a few days ago on Joe Scarbourough's show. Gardner is an eyewitness, he knows what happened.

John Hurley was not there. Tad Devine was not there. Lanny Davis was not there. Michael Meehan was not there. Tom Oliphant was not there.

Kerry was there. Several of his band of brothers were there. But they ain't talkin'.

And soon Kerry's camp is going to try to twist these guys arms and say 'Get out there and appear opposite Steve Gardner, look right at the camera and say " I was in Cambodia with John Kerry." Look America in the eye and say "No little boy died. Those were VC we killed that night. We captured two VC, not a mother and an infant. Steve Gardner, you are LYING.".

That is when these guys will sell whatever is left of their soul to this slick devil in a three - piece suit named John Kerry or that is when they will remember that one day they raised their right hand and swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

And that's when they can go no farther with John Kerry. Like scales falling from their eyes, they will at last see him for what he really is: an opportunist who is using them to become Commander in Chief in a time of war when they know full well he has not the character or the courage for that high office.

Here's hoping when their moment comes, and it is fast approaching, they will remember who they really are.

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: