SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dem says George Bush betrayed his country by not serving!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zachstar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a good search mise well look for that now
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, she qualified it. After Hannity challenged her, listen to what maryann said just before the segment ended:

she claimed she meant Bush betrayed the country by leading us into IRAQ.

that is not what she meant when she first said Bush betrayed his country, but that is the position she quickly shifted to when Sean challenged her.

So she will always claim she NEVER SAID Bush betrayed the country by not serving; she will insist she meant Bush betrayed the country in the Iraq war.

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
B52vet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the fourth son in my family to enlist (one Army, two Marines, and me AF). Of my three brothers who served during VN, only one ended up "in country" (he turned 18 as a combat Marine in VN in '69). I guess to the Dems, the rest of us "betrayed" our country. I'm so ashamed (not).

Viet Nam should rightly be seen as just one stage of the larger Cold War, not as an event that occured in a vaccum. With our commitments around the world during that era, the majority of the US armed forces on active duty were stationed in areas other than Southeast Asia. I guess all of those troops who served in theaters other than Viet Nam also betrayed their country.

Of course, that left a large part of the stateside NORAD burden to Reserve and Air National Guard units, including GWB's TANG unit. To become a fighter pilot, ANG or not, selectees were required to - in most cases - serve over two years active duty just to be trained and qualified to fly the aircraft (in other words, more active duty time than if one had just let oneself be drafted).

Also, no sane person could ever accuse anyone who flew F-102s for any length of time of being a coward or shirking their duty to their country. Kerry may have been in harm's way to varying degrees for around three months (4 1/2 months in theater minus training and qualifications), but anyone strapped in the seat of a supersonic intercepter is in harm's way CONSTANTLY. After all, a mistake in operating a river boat generally does not have the immediate consequences of a mistake in a fighter jet.

Here's an excellent web site on GWB and the F-102:

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/history/q0185.shtml
Zachstar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no luck sorry if anyone finds it post it here!
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I guess she was saying that Bush betrayed his country by....well, serving his country Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Don't know why everyone is shocked, this is classic liberal doubletalk, they do it day in and day out without batting an eye. Look at their candidate, he is the archtype doubletalker.

I must admit though, this was a real gem handed to Hannity and our cause. Laughing Laughing

I used to think George Orwell's vision of the future was exxagerating. Now I think he was being much too conservative in his "fictional" predictions.

Zell Miller
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manofaiki wrote:
So she will always claim she NEVER SAID Bush betrayed the country by not serving; she will insist she meant Bush betrayed the country in the Iraq war.

She can try--Too bad for her she said it on tape--

I wonder if Hannity could and/or would post a clip of that statement on his website--C
twinkleUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B52vet wrote:
This is a classic case of smoke and mirrors on the part of the Dem machine. Since they can't argue facts, they throw up as much mud as possible knowing some of it will stick.

After all, maybe 20% on each end of the spectrum (or less) are engaged enough to do their own research and form their own opinions. Conversely, the vast majority in the middle get their opinions handed to them in sound bites from talking heads and "news briefs", or by word of mouth at the office water cooler. If they watch the MSM "news" at all, it's because "Amber Frey testified!" or there's some "Shocking new revelation about Michael Jackson you won't wanna miss!" (gag). The nuts and bolts of seemingly partisan political issues are ignored. Headlines are read and sound bites listened to far more than the word-by-word details of the story itself.

Eight years in the armed forces and twenty as a police officer showed me what nonsense is spread on a regular basis by the MSM under the guise of "news". The alarming way that misinformation then gets spread on the street and repeated over and over is truly discouraging. Unfortunately, once a lie is told a sufficient number of times, it then becomes the new "truth", almost impervious to facts and (un)common sense.

Bottom line, critical thinking skills are in incredibly short supply among the general population, and the Dem spin machine knows it. This is evidenced by the number of times recently I've heard MSN anchors and reporters - including those at Fox - mouthing DNC talking points as though they were facts (i.e. the Rood article in the S-T refutes the entire Swiftvet case against Kerry, etc).

To a casual listener, if the statement went unchallenged, it must be fact. The result? The next day at water coolers all across America - "Oh, I heard on the news that some guy who was with Kerry in Viet Nam proved all the charges against Kerry are false."

The Dems also know if you can put enough misinformation into the mainstream, it will confuse and misdirect the disengaged middle into thinking the whole issue boils down to a "he said/he said". Most will think the issue too complicated and tune it out, and the whole episode becomes a wash to anyone other than hardened partisans on each end of the spectrum. On this particular issue, that's the best the Dems can hope for.

Of course, in a race this tight, a few percent one way or another could mean the different between victory and defeat for either candidate.

I agree with you. I think the sound bite that SBVT representatives, as well as willing media such as Hannity/Rush/Hume etc, need to be leaving people to talk about around the water coolers is "WHY WON'T KERRY SIGN THE FORM 180 AUTHORIZING THE RELEASE OF HIS ENTIRE MILITARY RECORDS?".
While I think it's great to debate back and forth about which side is telling the truth.... the bottom line is at the end of any of these shows we don't need the listeners wondering who is telling the truth or not. It is obvious that only those willing to listen are hearing the truth. The SBVT can tell the truth and the Kerry hacks can spin away until the cows come home without real resolve. Now that the media and the average listener have the gist of what both sides have to say, we need to make an effort to PRESSURE KERRY TO SIGN THE 180. If we could get one of the media guys who seem to be on the side of truth to hammer the point that this could be resolved IF KERRY SIGNS THE 180.
The sound bite that needs to be left with the casual user is:
SBVT Rep or media host to Kerry hack 'o the day: "Why won't Kerry sign his form 180 authorizing the release of his entire military records?"
Kerry hack 'o the day: "Kerry has the pertinent records on his website for all to see."
SBVT Rep or media host: "Why won't Kerry sign his form 180 authorizing the release of his entire military records?"
Kerry hack 'o the day: "Bush should condemn all ads that are picking on Kerry"
SBVT Rep or media host: "Why won't Kerry sign his form 180 authorizing the release of his entire military records?"
Kerry hack 'o the day: "They didn't serve on the same boat"
Kerry hack 'o the day: "Mommy, they keep picking on Kerry will you make them stop?"

Well I think you see what I mean... the water cooler sound bite needs to leave people who don't pay that much attention with this explicit impression: "What does Kerry have to hide? Why won't Kerry sign his form 180 authorizing the release of his entire military records?"

My 2˝ Wink
sparky 36
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She and her ilk have offended every guardsman who ever served and I hope they all vote aganist Kerry !!
B52vet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh. Disregard. The afore mentioned F-102 link has been taken down.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Bush did not run as a hero in National Guard. It should not be an issue.

That should be the way to which this is responded.

John Kerry called all Vietnam Vets war criminals except for himself- he is a hero- apparently the only one from that war.

What I would do is ask him why he, since he admitted being a war criminal, should not be referred to as a war criminal and why he should have to answer for the things he did.
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandiM wrote:
Come to think of it, H&C will be on again at 1:00A Central time--I think I'll TiVo it so I can do exactly that--C

Please do!!! Would be great if you could somehow get it online too... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: