SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Far Will Kerry's Band of Brothers Go With Him?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: How Far Will Kerry's Band of Brothers Go With Him? Reply with quote

Kerry's boatcrew knows the truth about the Sampan incident no matter what that whitewash 'official report' says.

How long can Kerry's 'band of brothers' live with their conscience?

Notice you are not seeing ANY of these guys the last two weeks? aside from one michael medeiros comment to a reporter about chasing an enemy craft into cambodia but not following it into cambodia, and saying he 'doesn't remember' being in Cambodia with john kerry, his band of brothers has been AWOL from this controversy.

Steve Gardner says he shot a father and a little boy because Kerry wasn't watching the radar. The official report says 4 VC are assumed killed, 2 VC killed for sure and 2 VC CIA (Captured In Action). He waved that official navy report in John Hurley's face a few days ago on Joe Scarbourough's show. Gardner is an eyewitness, he knows what happened.

John Hurley was not there. Tad Devine was not there. Lanny Davis was not there. Michael Meehan was not there. Tom Oliphant was not there.

Kerry was there. Several of his band of brothers were there. But they ain't talkin'.

And soon Kerry's camp is going to try to twist these guys arms and say 'Get out there and appear opposite Steve Gardner, look right at the camera and say " I was in Cambodia with John Kerry." Look America in the eye and say "No little boy died. Those were VC we killed that night. We captured two VC, not a mother and an infant. Steve Gardner, you are LYING.".

That is when these guys will sell whatever is left of their soul to this slick devil in a three - piece suit named John Kerry or that is when they will remember that one day they raised their right hand and swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

And that's when they can go no farther with John Kerry. Like scales falling from their eyes, they will at last see him for what he really is: an opportunist who is using them to become Commander in Chief in a time of war when they know full well he has not the character or the courage for that high office.

Here's hoping when their moment comes, and it is fast approaching, they will remember who they really are.

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem MIA
taz
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are not allowed to speak without Kerry's ok. I think it is because Kerry knows they wouldn't be able to hold up their end of the story.
2/22 Inf. Vet 89-92
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me personally, this is all about Kerry, and I haven't developed an anger towards the band of brothers because to me they just look like a bunch of stage props.

You are correct in saying that much hasn't been demanded of them. They very well could coast along and say that they agree with Kerry's assesment without getting into detail. The problem is, who is going to sit them down and ask them the hard questions??

In reality, they could just answer "yes, were with him and what he said is correct." Kerry has said so many things at so many times they could spin it away until someone gets REAL specific with them. In reality, they could shut the whole Swift Vet case down if they had as much info, testimony, and records as Mr. O'Neill, but it just doesn't look that way right now.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping they see the light too, but boy it would take a lot of cajones. The DNC monster would be after them like the alien after sigourney, they would need to become protected witnesses, change their identity and hide in obscurity.

Prayers on our part may help them make that courageous choice.

Zell Miller
The Cyber Menace
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would these guys have supported Kerry with such enthusiasm if they didn't believe him to be a good leader during the war? IMHO, I think what's more likely is that certain cliques get formed during war. And the people directly surrounding Kerry were likely to see the world around them in the same way Kerry did. (Although very hesitant to do this, remember Platoon?)

Furthermore, even some of the Swift Vets have supported Kerry in past election campaigns.

Perhaps views harden after a while and new revelations sway some and leave others unaffected. But I don't know if I would label Kerry's crewmates as sell-outs, or what have you. Just stickin' with their guy, as is human nature, perhaps.
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand that a man is sticking behind another because they served together. However, the members of the "band of brothers" must have heard kerry's vitriolic lies about atrocities being committed by soldiers ( which they themselves were ).

At what point do you cross that line of friendship and say enough is enough because those comments are affecting the spirit and disrupting the sacred fraternity of all soldiers? I wonder if any of the "band of brothers" had ever thought about sacrificing "frienship" for the greater good of humanity.
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are not matters of interpretation or perspective. They are facts or they are not.

Either John Kerry took is band of brothers into Cambodia or he didn't.

Either John Kerry and his band of brothers killed a little boy and took onto their boat a mother and infant or they killed two vc and captured two vc.

The band of brothers know the truth, they know whether Steve Gardner and the other SwiftVet's are lying or not.

My point is, if they know Gardner is telling the truth, what happens when Kerry finally gets so desperate he turns to them and says, OK, go out there and lie for me!

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
The Cyber Menace
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bach04 wrote:
I can understand that a man is sticking behind another because they served together. However, the members of the "band of brothers" must have heard kerry's vitriolic lies about atrocities being committed by soldiers ( which they themselves were ).

At what point do you cross that line of friendship and say enough is enough because those comments are affecting the spirit and disrupting the sacred fraternity of all soldiers? I wonder if any of the "band of brothers" had ever thought about sacrificing "frienship" for the greater good of humanity.

My answer to this is that, in serving with Kerry for a period of time, and in perhaps being influenced by him and his views on the war at the time, that they came to agree with Kerry about some of the things that went on in Vietnam.

Kerry was their leader. So, they took his lead in terms of how they conducted themselves in the war and how they looked at that war once they came home.

That's why it doesn't surprise me that these guys are so ready to see things from Kerry's perspective. They did so during the war, and probably have for all those years ever since.
Twidget
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that Kerry got some of his crewmates out of Vietnam.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taz wrote:
they are not allowed to speak without Kerry's ok. I think it is because Kerry knows they wouldn't be able to hold up their end of the story.

The truth will come out eventually, no matter who gets elected.

Kerry's Band of Brothers, if lying, would be forgetting that this is not a time-limited matter.

These Kerry supporters will be in immense doo-doo if their versions of the stories prove false. They should consider that.

FDL
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cyber Menace wrote:
Why would these guys have supported Kerry with such enthusiasm if they didn't believe him to be a good leader during the war? IMHO, I think what's more likely is that certain cliques get formed during war. And the people directly surrounding Kerry were likely to see the world around them in the same way Kerry did. (Although very hesitant to do this, remember Platoon?)

Furthermore, even some of the Swift Vets have supported Kerry in past election campaigns.

I think you've hit it right about cliques, but you might want to do some internet searching on the guys that are standing by Kerry. See:

http://antimedia.blogspot.com/2004/08/john-kerrys-band-of-brothers.html

One thing that I am sad about is the way George Elliot does appear to have flip-flopped. I understand the explanation, but it is unfortunate that the media has that old Senate campaign footage to show on TV where Elliot was evidently backing him. Then the Kranish story came along and made it worse. In a soundbyte world the combination of those 2 things is tough to explain to uninformed folks.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[I asked for a rundown of the "band of brothers", and Armywife was already answering that part as I was typing! Smile ]

A weakness of the UFC book, IMHO, was that it did not have info to account for why some of Kerry's guys do support him.

They have not all been MIA lately. Since UFC came out, we have heard from William Rood (with much MSM spin about how his testimony "discredits" the Swift Vets when it actually supports them).

Also we keep hearing a lot from Rassman (with much MSM spin over how he is a Republican - nothing on how a number of the Swift Vets are Democrats, possibly including Mr. O'Neill at times).
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joemadeup, glad I could help! I think that part of this whole story is particularly fascinating...that some of Kerry's Band of Brothers at the convention might have only known him a very short time.

fortdixlover wrote:
These Kerry supporters will be in immense doo-doo if their versions of the stories prove false. They should consider that.

Well, it looks to me like a couple of versions have proven false and there has been no immense doo-doo. I hate to pick on a guy with a head wound (maybe he really believes he was there), but if the blog was true about Alston, then the big convention speech looks pretty weird. Admittedly, Rassmann has had to step through a little doo-doo from his own changing versions. The others either haven't said much, or I've totally missed it.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Kerry's band of brothers have lives and jobs......Garnder is great, he needs to be on Tv and radio as often as he can....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: