SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why I think Kerry will Apologize on Tuesday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hans Burkhardt
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scarriest scenario of all: Exit Kerry enter Hilary! I think that Gore is history, but the sheeple would flock to Hilary in an instant.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can Kerry apologize after smearing, defaming, dishonoring, lying about, taking out ouf context, insulting, dismissing, taking out of context, etc., etc., for more than 30 years? Both personally and through paid surrogates.

What's he going to say, "oops?!"

If he was going to do anything honorable, it would have started back after he came back from Vietnam, or even more recently, where he could have at least acknowledged you and, at minimum, treated you the way he thinks of himself.

Kerry only cares about Kerry. Any apology would be disingenuous at best.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Why I think Kerry will Apologize on Tuesday Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
I think Kerry has one good move left, I think he will apologize Tuesday for hurting the feelings of Veterans with this comments. It will be a hollow apology to be sure.

My response to such an apology would be, "Thanks, Mr. Kerry John F., but just as apologies by murderers don't bring the dead back to life, so your 30-year-late apology doesn't restore your dead qualifications to be President of the United States back to viability."

FDL
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hans Burkhardt wrote:
The scarriest scenario of all: Exit Kerry enter Hilary! I think that Gore is history, but the sheeple would flock to Hilary in an instant.

Can they even switch horses (legally) at this point in the campaign?

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hans Burkhardt wrote:

And behind Door # 2.....

FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hans Burkhardt
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure, but there must be some sort of provision. The reason I even brought it up is because the scenario I mentioned has been tossed around on one of the local conservative talk shows.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's too late for them to swap their guy at this point, but man, if the buzz starts becoming "who could the Dems replace Kerry with?" and it catches on... Wink

SOTG
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillary--egads
arjr111
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Kerry would apologize if it were determined by a focus group that it would actually work.

IMO, the Kerry people have probably already put this in front of a focus group, and have determined that an apology now, would be all over the media (Print, Rado, TV, Internet) in huge headlines, that would focus the attention on Kerry's treason. Kerry would not be able to recover from such bad press!
jstoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Kerry apology unlikely Reply with quote

It's particularly easy for someone like Kerry, who doesn't have to bother himself with matters of right and wrong, or truth and lies, to dig in. In fact, Kerry's political history shows that he is dogged fighter. He has no scruples or conscience when it comes to pursuing what he wants. In his warped view of the world, if he wants it, then it's right for him to get it. Thus, I don't think anything, and I mean anything, could make him offer even the appearance that he has something for which he should apologize. That said, I could see where he might respond to a pointed question, as he did a month ago with Tim Russert, in such as way to try to have it both ways. This is very typical of Kerry. He might want to give the hint of an aoplogy, to offer up some phrase he could parse to claim that he's 'admitted' this or that. But an apology, hollow or not, with the words: 'I'm sorry,' it'll never happen; not from John Kerry.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have a valid point. The only recourse Kerry has to try and stop the SBVT ad is to either apologize or sign form 180.

We know why he won't sigh form 180, so his only choice is to apologize...and, then hope his worst nightmare goes away.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: ...Think Apologize... Reply with quote

As one of the old guys here, I've previously offered what little wisdom I have and here it is again. Our rodomontades are premature! This word means braggadocio, bluster, boasting. He still has half the country, billions of dollars and his friends are irrational. Don't count him out and in fact, respect your enemy until he is vanquished. Stay the course determinedly.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ...Think Apologize... Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
As one of the old guys here, I've previously offered what little wisdom I have and here it is again. Our rodomontades are premature! This word means braggadocio, bluster, boasting. He still has half the country, billions of dollars and his friends are irrational. Don't count him out and in fact, respect your enemy until he is vanquished. Stay the course determinedly.

I must be an old guy.

I'm still allowed to enjoy the day, though, I hope.
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can apologize to his crewmates and all veterans, however he cannot apologize the servicemen on the Wall, nor, can he apologize the 2.5 million camboadians and unknow number of vietnamese boat people.

The damage he caused cannot be excused away by an apology.

Last edited by republicanveteran on Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so my view is clear... if he does not Apologize today....He is totally screwed

And if he gives a Kerry-esque apology he is equally screwed.

If he does not Apologize...he is simply out of touch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: