SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will you support Kerry as president?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ink
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

Before you reply, think about my questions. Your emotional instincts are no good in a forum dedicated to truth and logic.

I've been told numerous times by (so called) right wing media that dissention and questioning the president during a time of war in unpatriotic, aids the enemy, reduces morale and puts our troops in harms way. Since this is a war with no end in sight it is likely it will still be ongoing in January if/when Kerry takes office. My question to you is - If Kerry is elected, will you support him as president or will you aid the enemy?

I also have some other serious questions. One point of argument is that if Kerry has lied once about an important incident, then that invalidates every other claim he makes. Does the same hold true for Swift Vets? If one claim is found to be a lie does that mean that I should discard the entire lot?

Who's decision was it to leave the scene of the mine explosion? Was is Kerry's?

If Kerry fled the scene, then why did the three remaining boats leave a man in the water? Why did they not rescue him?

I've heard allegations attacking many politicians in the past but few extend the train of thought so forcefully to make the voters mind up for them. If Kerry lied, exaggerated and made false claims, is it not up to the voter to decide if that makes him unfit for command?

Ink
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on his Senate voting record alone... no, I will not support him.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ink,

(deleted by Admin)

Kerry has lied about more than one "important" incident.

Which Swift claim is a lie?

Kerry's the only one who left the scene of the mine explosion and he was in charge of the boat. You tell ME whose decision it was?

The remaining boats didn't leave a man in the water. There were several men in the water. The others were injured because they were blown off the 3 boat. One of the three boats that did NOT flee the scene was heading toward Rassman to pick him up as Kerry heaved on the scene and grabbed him.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

ink wrote:
If Kerry lied, exaggerated and made false claims, is it not up to the voter to decide if that makes him unfit for command?

Yes, but in this country, may I remind you, people are free to speak their opinions while the process of opinion-forming on candidates is underway.

FDL
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

ink wrote:
One point of argument is that if Kerry has lied once about an important incident, then that invalidates every other claim he makes.

And just whose point of argument is that?

Everyone has lied.

What are the nature of the lies? How often are they repeated? What effects do the lies have upon other people?

Anyone will have lied a few times in their adult life.

The difference is that Kerry has made a full career of it. It's almost harder to find things he says that are true than things which are not "nuanced," "spun," "shaded" or simply made up of whole cloth.

Sorry, this ain't flying.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Ink's a TROLL!!! Reply with quote

I
Quote:
've been told numerous times by (so called) right wing media

Beep. Beep. Beep.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin:

Please pm....
ink
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

It was one of the Swift Vets on television. I beleive the argument was that if he lied about this it goes straight to credibility and thus we should not trust him.

As to the troll comments, I have tried to ask these questions respectfully but you cannot see that.

And still only one person has answered my main question. I think it is a common argument made that one should not question the president at a time such as this. It is a difficult argument to make objectively, and also one I have not heard from the swift vets themselves just the people supporting them.
Scott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

ink wrote:
If Kerry lied, exaggerated and made false claims, is it not up to the voter to decide if that makes him unfit for command?

I think you've got this one backwards, ink. If John Kerry lied, exaggerated and made false claims about his military career, then he's unfit for command. The voters then have to decide whether he's fit to serve as a wartime President.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ink,

I would not support President Kerry but I would not be out protesting him. I'm not sure what other answer you want.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And still only one person has answered my main question. I think it is a common argument made that one should not question the president at a time such as this. It is a difficult argument to make objectively, and also one I have not heard from the swift vets themselves just the people supporting them.

Your post is not reasoned. If you were concerned about starting a Socratic dialectic debate you must start with a logical question. I recommend copying and then pasting some dim talking points next time.

Last edited by GenrXr on Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

ink wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

It was one of the Swift Vets on television. I beleive the argument was that if he lied about this it goes straight to credibility and thus we should not trust him.

This is in need of context before I will address your specific point. But, just to bring up a few "f'rinstances," -

If Kerry will lie (many, many times in print and air media) about the Cambodia incident and insist that it is seared.... SEARED in his memory.... then does that bring all of his other statements about his activities in Vietnam into question?

If he will lie and say that atrocities were committed on a day-to-day basis with the full knowledge at all levels of command, does that not call his other statements against the war into question?

If he will lie and say that he sponsored a bill that he did not in fact sponsor until three weeks after a newspaper questions him about it, does that not call into question all of his statements about his Senate career?
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Support For "President" Kerry Reply with quote

God forbid that the worthless SOB can be elected. If he is, I will do everything in my power to insure that he is not reelected, up to but NOT including anything that might hurt our troops in the field or our chances of achieving something useful in Iraq and Afghanistan.

My major complaint about the current attacks on President Bush is that everything Kerry and the Dems say or do is being seen by our enemies. I fear two things from this: 1) our enemies may be encouraged to hang on, much like the North Vietnamese were and 2) that they might be motivated into some action specifically to make the President look bad and Kerry look good. If the President could be criticized in "private" - via some channel that our enemies could not receive - I would not object so much to the unfair criticism. But when this unfair criticism acts to embolden our enemies, in my opinion it becomes irresponsible - bordering on traiterous. I won't do that to any President - even Kerry - because I have too much concern for the welfare of our country and our military. But in every other way possible I would work to bring that lying, backstabbing SOB down.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

ink wrote:
Before you reply, think about my questions. Your emotional instincts are no good in a forum dedicated to truth and logic.

I've been told numerous times by (so called) right wing media that dissention and questioning the president during a time of war in unpatriotic, aids the enemy, reduces morale and puts our troops in harms way. Since this is a war with no end in sight it is likely it will still be ongoing in January if/when Kerry takes office. My question to you is - If Kerry is elected, will you support him as president or will you aid the enemy?

Questioning the president is not the same as calling him a traitor or announcing on the Senate floor that the president has "betrayed" us.

I also have some other serious questions. One point of argument is that if Kerry has lied once about an important incident, then that invalidates every other claim he makes. Does the same hold true for Swift Vets? If one claim is found to be a lie does that mean that I should discard the entire lot?
Kerry is the one running for president. He is and must be held to a higher standard.

Who's decision was it to leave the scene of the mine explosion? Was is Kerry's?

Absolutely!

If Kerry fled the scene, then why did the three remaining boats leave a man in the water? Why did they not rescue him?

They were busy with the 3 boat. probably did not see him at first.

I've heard allegations attacking many politicians in the past but few extend the train of thought so forcefully to make the voters mind up for them. If Kerry lied, exaggerated and made false claims, is it not up to the voter to decide if that makes him unfit for command?

Yes,but they have to know the truth to do that.

Ink

Will I support him. Yes and work just as hard as I can to get him unelected 4 years hence. That does not mean I won't be critical. And I'll have doubts about everything he says because he is a proven liar .
DEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did he or didn't he? You remember, he remembers. The current debate over John Kerry's performance in the Vietnam War has been reduced to he said he said. Without undisputable documentation confusing rhetoric is the predictable result. It serves none, diminishes all.

One salient fact remains undisputed,John Kerry, publicly and freely confessed to committing war atrocities against the people of South Vietnam. Atrocities were committed in the Vietnam War,as in all wars. Americans were tried and convicted of those crimes.
We as a nation, signature to the Geneva Convention, are charged with the responsibility to investigate all allegations of war crimes. Mr.Kerry's own words, along with eye witness accounts, require the Untied States to action. Yet over thirty years after his confession no action has taken place. No investigation,no discussion,no action.

We now are engaged in a struggle for the very existence of our country. Islamic terrorist,determined and capable,wage war upon our nation. These terrorist, intent in our destruction, charge we are a corrupt and immoral people. In the face of these charges we,the people of the Untied States of America, nominate as moral leader of our country and commander of this nation's military a confessed war criminal.

The "elephant in the living room" can no longer be ignored. We cannot afford to allow, without examination of his statement, the candidacy of Mr. Kerry. To ignore his confession,to take no action on his confession,is to load the guns of our enemies.

They,the terrorists,charge immorality. How do we defend against such charge now?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: