SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

George Elliot recommended Kerry for a Bronze Star in 69' ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lobster
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me Eliott's evaluation is quite clear. There were 5 boats involved and at least 4 officiers there to explain to Eliott what happened. Kerry wasn't even in a position to witness everything that happened.
cochese
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding wrote:
Surely you've known of people who supported someone based on their word, then didn't support them when they found out the truth. Scott Peterson and Laci Peterson's family come to mind....

true...
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

efuseakay wrote:
cochese, Elliot was not on that mission... all he had to go on was John Kerry's account... and it wasn't known until recently that Kerry lied about what actually happened. That's the point you are missing.

Elliot was 100 miles away in An Thoi. All he received was reports via RTTY from the advanced base LST anchored offshore. Kerry wrote the reports according of every living officer (other than Kerry) that participated in the mission. The language of the reports, for example using the word metres instead of yards which is the common term used for distance in the Navy, is written in a european style. Who else was educated in French and Swiss schools?
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearest example of Kerry filing a false report after an action is what has become to be known as the tragic Sampan Incident, in which Kerry neglects to look at the radar for over 10 minutes while a Viet fishing boat comes right up to his swift boat while it's sitting in the water, lights and motor off in ambush mode.

M60 Gunner Steve Gardner is startled by what appears to be a man reaching for a weapon and ends up killing a fisherman and a little boy. A mother with an infant is taken on board from the fishing boat.

Kerry wrote this up as 4 VC probably killed, two definately killed and two Captured in Action.

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
cochese
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a link for that????? More info please....
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyewitness testimony. By Gardner. You'll have to read Unfit for Command.
cochese
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm......Trolling I am not BUT I read a lot of posts on this site. So basically what I am being told here on this site is to disregard official Navy records and instead read cut-n-paste articles from the Drudge report, watch FOX news, and a read an anti-Kerry book authored by some one who may or may not be motivated by purely political reasons.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochese wrote:
Hmmmmm......Trolling I am not BUT I read a lot of posts on this site. So basically what I am being told here on this site is to disregard official Navy records

No, you are being introduced, probably for the first time, to how "Navy Records" come into being and, like a computer, are subject to GIGO.

Quote:
...and instead read cut-n-paste articles from the Drudge report,

You can choose your own MSM source as, very soon, they will all be reporting the same details, as some are beginning to now.

Quote:
...watch FOX news,

CNN will catch up eventually, but wouldn't you like to keep ahead of the curve?

Quote:
...and a read an anti-Kerry book authored by some one who may or may not be motivated by purely political reasons.

May or may not? That's progress I'd say.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
dcrhere
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eyewitness testimony. By Gardner. You'll have to read Unfit for Command.

It's also recounted by Kerry in Tour of Duty. Gardner verifies the story. The problem is that O'Neill was able to chase down Kerry's official report of that night where the father and the little boy mysteriously became a squad of heavily armed VC. Kerry got a commendation from the brass for this tragedy.

Kinda tells you something about a man when he uses the death of a little boy to pad his resume'.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmmmmm......Trolling I am not BUT I read a lot of posts on this site. So basically what I am being told here on this site is to disregard official Navy records and instead read cut-n-paste articles from the Drudge report, watch FOX news, and a read an anti-Kerry book authored by some one who may or may not be motivated by purely political reasons.

I think we could all agree, looking at Kerry over the years with an unjaundiced eye, that HE alone is motivated by "purely political reasons." The SBVT have nothing to gain other than the knowledge that the prevented someone like Kerry from becoming Commander in Chief, which is their main concern. Nobody is making money or getting any political kickbacks. Only Kerry has, is, and will attempt to continue to advantage himself with his concocted tales from Vietnam.

Kerry could have run on his Senate record spanning 20 years, but he chose not to, instead relying on 4 months in Vietnam as his sole qualification for the presidency. That was HIS choice. Now if the rug is pulled out from under him by a superior number of honorable, decorated veterans, with superior qualifications, rank and service, then he has to live with that. Kerry is mostly relying on his word, which is becoming increasingly suspect. He rarely lets his "band of brothers" (the few that support him) speak, unlike the SBVT. Maybe it is because it is easy to get caught in a lie, but easy to keep telling the truth. Kerry himself refuses to directly deal with the allegations, instead relying on a smear campaign by surrogates. Call that what you will, I call it cowardly and revealing.

I don't know, but someone here could probably tell us, if any of Kerry's after action reports were vetted by other OICs at the scene or his crew. Better yet, Kerry could simply release those records and let the world see for themselves. Strangely, he refuses to do that.

Now why do you think that would that be, Cochese?
mrhct
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochese wrote:

Nice to see someone else that's using their head to cut through what I believe, so far, is smoke being blown up you know where. Read the book, read the book. Not likely. I've thumbed through it and all I see are claims and accusations, no evidence, ie. documents. The 13 March 69 mission alone raised many questions in my mind. Check my post in Resources and Research. I can't believe the replies, or lack of, to my questions.
Scott

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd done more than "thumb through it," you'd have been in danger of learning something you obviously don't want to know.
mrhct
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
If you'd done more than "thumb through it," you'd have been in danger of learning something you obviously don't want to know.

Would you like to take a stab at my questions and educate me?
Scott

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read, don't thumb through, the book. Check the footnotes. That's called "research."

John O'Neill is far more qualified to "educate" you than I, or almost anyone else on this site.

One more thing; if it's "evidence" you seek, ask yourself why John Kerry refuses to provide it. He has not released his military and medical records.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochese wrote:
To be fair.....I'm on the fence. But when I saw this I felt compelled to post here. The only thing I'm trolling for are opinions.....

...Really now and just what are you trolling for?

Could it be SCIOLISM? Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: