SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will you support Kerry as president?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swing Voter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

ink wrote:

I've been told numerous times by (so called) right wing media that dissention and questioning the president during a time of war in unpatriotic, aids the enemy, reduces morale and puts our troops in harms way. Since this is a war with no end in sight it is likely it will still be ongoing in January if/when Kerry takes office. My question to you is - If Kerry is elected, will you support him as president or will you aid the enemy?

Ink

If he continues to support the troops and secure America by killing people in the middle east SURE, Ill support him.

Trouble is, he will destroy the reputation of America that GW has worked so hard to establish. A rep that no other besides Lincholn, FDR, and Reagan has been able to establish. Which is ....If you **** with the United States of America we will send Americans to kill you and destroy your way of life.

Kerry will bail on the ME as soon as he is sworn in. Kerry will make it another Viet Nam. Kerry will let 1,000 American soldiers die for nothing.

Kerry is plainly anti-war. I will not support his pansy treatment of the French, the N. Koreans or Muslim Extremist.

Gw has been killing the SOBs since Congress allowed him to. Kerry will puss out and run.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first proposition, "if kerry is elected...." is in itself aiding the enemies of the US. He has proven that over and over.

end of story...
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be too busy praying for the survival of the America I love to support a President (gasp, God forbid) Kerry
E-Squirrel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His switching positions give me a headache.

Not voting for him
Belisaurius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's cut to the chase. This isn't just a case of getting a silver star for a thirteen-minute plane ride (like LBJ). This isn't just a case of who remembers what about a skirmish that took place thirty-five years ago.

There's nothing wrong with speaking against the President in a time of war. Turn on your TV sometime. That's a strawman, and you know it. Kerry isn't excoriated for merely for speaking against the war. He accused the entire U.S. Military in Vietnam of committing various and sundry warcrimes as a matter of official policy. That is simply unforgivable.

And we haven't even gotten around to his trip to Paris yet.

Nice try at reason and logic, but the foundation of your argument is a red herring, and not really worthy of much consideration.[/quote]
noyesj
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea If the election system is so screwed up, and SCARRY CARRY

does get in, I do believe their will be an instant recall program started.

noyesj (northwest Wash. ex USAF)
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from personal attacks on or derogatory comments about other members.
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm a supporter of free market capitalism. Thus, for me to vote for John Kerry would be foolish indeed.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way would I ever vote for him. He has been willing to slander and/or demean others for his own political gain. He has told stupid, outright lies in an attempt to further his career not only through his Vietnam experience, but also during his first tour, his time as a prosecutor and as a Senator. This man does not recognize the difference between truth and lie. He is obcessed with his own view of himself and he will do anything to make himself look better/more important than he actually is. The man is SICK.
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

ink wrote:
Who's decision was it to leave the scene of the mine explosion? Was is Kerry's?

If Kerry fled the scene, then why did the three remaining boats leave a man in the water? Why did they not rescue him?

See the graphic at the Washington Post to get an idea of where the boats were: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/graphics/swiftboat_082104.html

That should answer those questions.
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

ink wrote:
I also have some other serious questions. One point of argument is that if Kerry has lied once about an important incident, then that invalidates every other claim he makes.

Hey, stop right there and back up. That is not the argument.

The argument is that he has lied quite frequently, which brings all his claims into question.
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

ink wrote:
My question to you is - If Kerry is elected, will you support him as president or will you aid the enemy?

Our troops and our national security come first, and I would not do anything to endanger them.
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

ink wrote:
If Kerry lied, exaggerated and made false claims, is it not up to the voter to decide if that makes him unfit for command?

Bravo, yes! That is the point of this web site!!!
NashvilleGuy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the original question:

I will continue to support my country and my troops, but I will not support John Kerry in a bid for reelection. You must respect the office, if not the man. Haven't we all heard that before, just in a slightly different form? Since that office represents my country, I will support my country if only by not bringing embarrasment upon it by my own actions.

In my disapproval of JFK, should he win, I will maintain my sense of honor as an American and not stoop to the level of those who display swastika's and scream betrayal to the country and attempt to transform fiction into fact. Those who act like that defame our country and our history and everything that others have fought and died for.

I will make every attempt to join in civil political debate, to research the issues, and to work for the necessary reform of any policies instituted that I disagree with.

I will work diligently to find a different candidate. One who embraces the values that I would like to see our country continue with and support him or her to the fullest extent possible. In my support, I will adhere to the same standards I mentioned above. In short, I refuse to make either my country or myself look foolish because I feel the wrong man is in the White House.

In between those actions I may very will take up binge drinking as a new age therapeutic hobby, but I'll be damned if I will stoop to the level of what we are seeing now.
stylin19
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey where did 'ink" go ?

Vote for Kerry ?

Never ! if for nothing else - than how he treated his fellow swift vets during their 2003 reunion !
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: