SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BernieV
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow Vets....

I'm a '68 Grad of the US Naval Academy.

Although I'm not a "Swiftie"..... I rode the smaller things called PBR's while the Army was turning them over to the Navy and then we gave them
to the Vietnamese.
As Senior Harbor Defense Advisor in QuiNhon, during most of my time"in-country", I feel a part of this effort to expose what I view as the deceitfulness" of Sen. John Kerry.

Hopefully, in some small way I can help contribute to that effort.

BernieV
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Hershey

05H20 ASA 1973-1976
6 months at Fort Devens
18 months at Torii Station, Okinowa
and another 6 months at Lackland Airforce base, San Antonio.

Great job you guys are doing on this site and I hope for the sake of our country people listen.
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
Contributors..
Someone needs to get a list of the big contributors to the Democratic 527's (hope that is the right designation) and post it so we can use it.
I saw the tail end on Fox News today of a group that tracks the amounts that people give for both sides. According to the report the Democrats have raise almost 90% of all money spent on 527's out raising our side by 9 million to something like 130 million (plus). The amazing part was who some of the big contributors were...
Soros (sp) of course with somewhere around 13 million.
The CEO of Progressive Insurance Co. at around 15 million (+/-, I was writing fast and the guy was talking faster).
And.. AND guess who gave (I hope I got it right, I am sure the guy said it correctly and gave the correct amount) 13 million dollars -- Hanoi JANE !!!
There were others, including all the guys that used to work for Clinton (Harold Ickies and the gang) that were in very high positions running these groups.
Old Hanoi Jane giving MILLIONS to defeat Bush.. Gee, her and old John Kerry back together again.. after all these years.
Sorry for being so vague but I the guy was talking 100 miles an hour.

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:40 am; edited 2 times in total
x-airdale
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an x-airdale (thus my handle). Enlisted July 1973 on delayed entry program (was only 17) and went to bootcamp at RTC Orlando Jan 1974, Company commander was a 3 tour Swift Boat Sailor. 1 year at NATTC Memphis, and then to the Fleet with RVAH-12, 2.5 deployments (to the Med) (RA5C Vigilante, large supersonic recon aircraft). Shore duty NAS Key West. Last Deployment (to the Med) with VA-15 (A7E attack aircraft) out of Cecil Field, Jax, Florida 1982. Inactive Reserves 1982-1985. Highest Rank/Rate AQ1(E-6)
steamer51
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Signing on Reply with quote

Jim Peacock USNR Oct 71-Oct 79 Viet Nam Era Vet, never in country.
RTC Orlando Fla Jan-Mar 72 NTTC Pensacola Fla Mar-Aug 72 (CTO)
COMSIXTHFLT Aug 72-Mar 74 on board USS Springfield CLG 7 and
transferred with the Flag to USS Little Rock CLG 4 (Now in a military
park in Buffalo NY) when the Springfield was sent back to states for
Decommisioning. Closest I got to any action was the Yom Kippur War
Oct 73 "standing by" off the coast of Lebanon making sure the Russians
didn't jump into it and ready for World War III if they did.

I remember when Kerry and the other traitors were telling their lies and was disgusted by it. Many people honorably protested the war and I don't hold that against them but I have no use for communist sympathizers aiding the enemy during a war. If justice had been done in the early 70's, Kerry would still be in prison for what he did, provided that he had escaped being shot for treason during a time of war.
Paul5388
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty amazing that there are two from the USS Little Rock, CLG-4 posting back to back! www.usslittlerock.com

When I got out of FT "A" school in San Diego, I was immediately shipped to the Little Rock, because of the Cuban Blockade. That was the hottest deal going in '62, but didn't amount to much. Liberty at Gitmo stunk. Finished my "tour" as an FTG-3, without any medals or ribbons (3 years and 11 months doesn't even get you a Good Conduct Medal!).

Joined the TXARNG (HHC(-) 5/112 Armor) in '84 in the AGR program (Active Duty) and immediately qualified for 2 ribbons and a couple of medals. Rolling Eyes Things had changed in 19 years and "Hero Badges" had lost a lot of their significance, because of people like John Kerry.

For those of you who earned those badges, I salute you!

For the likes of John Kerry . . .

BTW, my first draft card was a 4-A!

I forgot to actually sign in.

Paul Jett
FTG-3/SGT

www.usslittlerock.com

Last edited by Paul5388 on Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
RETABNMEDIC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Glad to be here Reply with quote

Enlisted Active Duty Army April, 81. BCT Ft Jackson, 91B(Basic Medical Technician) + 91D(Operating Room Technician) AIT Ft Sam Houston. TX. 16TH CSH, then MASH, Ft Riley KS 'til 89. Several REFORGERS during last of "Cold War". Recruiter in Warren MI 'til 91, then SFAS, Basic ABN School and back to Ft Sam for SF Medical SGTs course. Bombed Trauma 3 twice, sent to Surgical Team in HQ/A Co., 307th Med Bn, 82nd ABN DIV, Ft Bragg NC. Sr Surgical Technician in the Division from 3/92 - 10/95. PCS'd to Hiedelburg Station Hospital, Germany for 1 month, then Croatia/Bosnia as NCOIC OR/CMS, 212th MASH from 11/95 - 5/96 for OP Joint Endeavor. Drove a 5 ton pulling an Expandable ISO Shelter Operating Room across the ribbon bridge into Bosnia in late December. Back to HBurg to finish Europe tour in May, back to Ft Bragg to pick up Family in October 96, on Way to Ft Huachuca for retirement tour at RWBAHC(MEDDAC), Ft Huachuca, AZ. Retired at same as NCOIC, OR/CMS in April 01.

Most treasured Awards - Expert Field Medical Badge, Basic Airborne Wings, Australian Airborne Wings. MSM at retirement, One of the 3 ARCOMS, for mobilizing the 82nd Surgical Team from a Field Exercise back to Womack to help with the casualties from the F16 Crash at Pope AFB. 2 of the Soldiers I trained were going through pre-jump at the mockups when the wreckage and fuel sprayed through the area, and they saved several Paratroopers lives. Both rightfully earned Soldiers Medals for their actions that day, I helped to train them in how to do it, and I am very proud of that.

Proud to have served, Happy being Retired, still working as a Surgical Technician and loving it. And am most definately a conservative, registered Republican who is willing to listen to any and all views on all issues. Who I vote for is my buisness.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Request permission to come aboard Reply with quote

If you look at the Communist Party's website at www.cpusa.org, you will see that they are in lock step with John Kerry. They don't need to nominate their own candidate for President this election year, he is their candidate.

Last edited by LimaCharlie on Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
bastiat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Do I qualify? Reply with quote

Do I qualify as a vet? I served in the USN from 1969-73 but I never saw combat. My unit was TAD in a very safe part of VietNam but at that time I was in a New York hospital with a broken leg from skiing when on leave. I think of "real" vets as ones who saw combat or served a full 20 years.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who has served in the Armed Forces of the United States is a veteran.

Welcome to all of you - thanks for joining us - every voice, every pair of hands is welcome in this effort.

There's goooood Navy coffee in the geedunk, where the smoking lamp is lit - sweepers have commenced throughout all other spaces. Wink

Welcome aboard!
Pete Oakander
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reporting for Duty Reply with quote

I was in country as a member of the MRF - Mobile Riverine Force - on the Navy side from May 69 thru May 70 and served with RivRon 13/RivDiv 131/CCB1 as an RM3. We operated out of Dong Tam and/or the USS Bennewah and worked with the 9th Infantry, until they went home, and then worked with the ARVN through the Vietnamization process and the eventual turnover of all USN riverine assetts to the Vietnamese Navy.

One thing I have to hand to John "F'n" Kerry, is his own stupidity and misguided attempt to use his war record as a tool to get to the White House because in the process of doing so, he woke up a sleeping giant and the proverbial Pandora's Box. And that box is us! When we returned home from our tours of duty - it was not prudent to talk about our experiences due to the mood of the counrty - brought on by none other than John "F'n" Kerry himself. We did the best we could to get on with our lives and just keep quiet about our experiences. Some of us anyway - Kerry used his experiences and our reputations to his own self serving end. I have to hand it to you swifties (and the folks at wintersoldier.com) for giving us all the opportunity to air our views in a forum that represents us. It is about time that we were given the opportunity to speak and be heard!
So Go Swifties and
Go George!
afnamvet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: afnamvet from Free Republic Reply with quote

I am a USAF Vietnam vet who served at Tuy Hoa AFB RVN 68-69 with the 31st Fighter Wing, 31st AMS (Avionics Maintenance Squadron). I also spent time with the 39th ARRS (Air Rescue & Recovery Squadron). I worked on their search radar equipment.

I vehemtly oppose John Kerry for president. I believe he committed treason in '71 with his "testimony" before the Fulbright committee. His trip to Paris to "negotiate" with the commies definitely was treason in my opinion.

Kerry lied then. He lies now. He is "Unfit For Command" in any capacity...including dogcatcher.

God bless & protect you swifties. Thank you for your service & thank you for challenging Kerry with the truth. I support you and thousands of other vets and thier families do also.
MrNiceGuy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: SFC Jonn Lilyea, US ARMY retired Reply with quote

Too young for Viet Nam, but I definately survived 20 years in the infantry because of Vietnam vets - some are famous, and others less so. I owe this wonderful life I enjoy to all of them. It's a debt I can never repay. So here I am to do my best for these brave heros who have to fight their ancient demons all over again.

I got your six.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lrdg
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: AO2 1972-1976 Reply with quote

Aviation Ordnanceman, VF 211, aboard the USS Hancock for two Westpacs 1973 and 1975. Spent a lot of time on a fight deck.

To you guys who were incountry: Thank you. I get a bit of a lump in the throat and perhaps a bit misty when I think about what you all gave.

To you men who served on the swift boats and are leading this effort, Thank you again. I teach high school now and there are days when I wonder if there is any honor left in my country. I am reassured that for at least a few of my generation there is honor, thank you.
advisor1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: sayin' hi. Reply with quote

Cool Hello to all... Just thought I'd qualify up front. I'm on active reserve now but spent 6 yrs. army from 84' to 90'. 11b entry w/ S-3 date o1/87.
Airborne school @ benning and to korea. korea to SFAS and to Q course, out of Q to campbell and the newly formed 3rd bn. 5th Grp. then it gets undiscussable as I'm sure you get it..... Seen some crap in 4 countries, but, nothing like Kerrys sorry arse.... Evil or Very Mad
I'm the son of a navy submariner and always proud to be! My dad would strangle the terd if ever given the op. Anyway, keep up the good work and let the truth be known. I've lost good friends over the years in real combat and I have no patience for anyone who downs us or our willingness to voluntarily risk our ass so they can hide in the SKULLS at and after Yale!!!! Shocked
God bless ya' all. Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 31 of 47

Jump to: