SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Philadelphia Inquirer is relentless in hammering Swiftees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Philadelphia Inquirer is relentless in hammering Swiftees Reply with quote

Don't know if you all are aware of the Philadlephia Inquirer's diatribes hammering the Swiftees. In the last two days, articles by Dick Polman, have bordered on the pathological. Just an example: he refers to the Swift Boat Vets as Kerry's "enemies." And he always describes the swiftees this way: "The anti-Kerry vets--bankrolled by Texas Republican Bob Perry--are entering phase two."

You can check out this yo-yos columns for Aug. 23 and 24 in the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Medics, we're there when you need us.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc,

I had the unfortunate experience of exchanging some emails with him in an attempt to at least lessen the slant on his articles. The man is rabid...tothe point where is honestly can not tell the difference between fact and opinion.

Truth is Beauty
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
Doc,

I had the unfortunate experience of exchanging some emails with him in an attempt to at least lessen the slant on his articles. The man is rabid...tothe point where is honestly can not tell the difference between fact and opinion.

Keep trying, and be polite. It would be a great win.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilliam,

Would that I could. I pointed out to him that the spot report and the lack of bullet damage to the PCFs was physical and documentary evidence that the Swiftvets were not fact challenged. I was pointed but polite.

He has not responded. That was more than a day ago.

Truth is Beauty
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
gilliam,

Would that I could. I pointed out to him that the spot report and the lack of bullet damage to the PCFs was physical and documentary evidence that the Swiftvets were not fact challenged. I was pointed but polite.

He has not responded. That was more than a day ago.

I also have seen his articles and posted on one of them today ( http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4802&highlight=inquirer ).

Forget about writing to Polman. Forget about the Inquirer.

Look at the comics page (not editorial; just the comics) where a comic calls Homeland Security Director Ridge stupid.

FDL
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried strangling him?

That will usually change a persons mind.

Strangle: to adjust pressure on or around the neck to influence a positive outcome.

Joke : please see above[/u]
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading the original daily stories Mark Bowden supplied to the Inquirer concerning 'Black Hawk Down'. The story of the 2 Delta snipers changed from one where they had no ammunition, been shot, gave themselves booster shots and were killing in hand to hand combat dozens of Somali's to one where they were both shot with no hand to hand combat. I have always wondered exactly what the true story is about those 2 Delta snipers. Well anyway, if anyone wonders whether Bowden is a lefty and Clinton apologist on page 419 Bowden says " In the end, The Battle of the Black Sea is another lesson in the limits of what force can accomplish".

No Mr. Bowden. The Battle of the Black Sea is another lesson in what insufficient force and will accomplishes.
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then hammer away then with Kerry will not release his full unedited, unsanitized military records.

Sign SF- 180. Let us see what you are hiding Senator.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Philadelphia Inquirer is relentless in hammering Swiftee Reply with quote

Doc Jerry wrote:
Don't know if you all are aware of the Philadlephia Inquirer's diatribes hammering the Swiftees. In the last two days, articles by Dick Polman

well the new AD starting in PA today aught to rile him up even more Wink
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The leftist press is as much the enemy as John Kerry is.

It'd be nice to be able to laugh and say how pathetic these people are, but which group of people launched the media salvo against our soldiers and which group actually sat around and talked about assassinating politicians. How in the world did this idiot ever get elected to the Senate with a background like that ? These next ads are going to be devastating.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Barnicle is another one. After a long anti SBVT rant on Imus, I emailed him with a factual and polite letter. He actually emailed me in return, with an insulting and factually deficient letter addressing only a single point I had brought up.

Repeated emails have produced no response from the serial fabricator.

I will send another, taunting him with the now imploding PH #1 story... LOL!

Anyone hear from Michelle Malkin on this story, by the way, or is she on her way over to the Little Chrissy show to rip out Matthew's lungs?

If I were Matthews, I would now be in the witness protection program after the abuse he handed Malkin!

If he were a man, he would publicly apologize to her, but obviously, there is no chance of that happening!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: