SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reviews Finally Posted on Amazon.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reviews Finally Posted on Amazon.com Reply with quote

The reviews have finally been posted on Amazon.com – all 956 of them and all at once. Mine is one of those 956 buried on page 910.

Not sure why Amazon took so long to post all these reviews. Average number of stars from the reviews is 3 out of 5. Of course there are hundreds of reviews that are despicable and strictly political – none of them have read the book.

Here is my review –

John O’Neill and the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth finally get to tell their side of the story regarding Vietnam. Their versions of what happened along the narrow rivers of Vietnam are strikingly different from what Kerry has made within the centerpiece of his campaign.

But, now, the reader can finally make their own judgment about Kerry’s actions in Vietnam and, most importantly, afterwards. This is not a pretty picture for Kerry. This book tells it the way it was and is backed-up with plenty of evidence from 60 witnesses, including all of Kerry’s commanders in the field, and signed affidavits

The book doesn’t end with Kerry leaving Vietnam after three purple hearts. It covers Kerry’s anti-war fight at home and his accusing his fellow crewmembers of atrocities. Kerry made these statements during open hearings in Congress. These actions by Kerry, after the war, are the reason why O’Neill and SBVT are speaking out and why this book was published. I understand O’Neill is giving his earnings from the sales of this book to the Navy, so his motives cannot be questioned.

But, will this book win the hearts and minds of the readers? That’s hard to say, but then I don’t expect too many Kerry supporters to read it. I do recommend this book and encourage people from both sides of the political arena to read it and have an open, honest debate.
ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Amazon Reviews... Reply with quote

This is now posted with the Amazon reviews. It wasn't there yesterday...

"Important note from Amazon.com: We've decided to suspend our normal customer review policies and rules for this title. For example, we usually prohibit ad hominem attacks. That policy in particular seems to be incompatible with presidential election year politics. Therefore, short of obscenities, reviews on this book are now a free-for-all. We take no responsibility for the following discussion. Aren't presidential election years great? Have fun! "
LongKnife56
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why the same policy doesn't apply for other books, such as "Tour of Duty?" Let's ask Amazon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: