SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PREDICTION re: Abu Ghraib - smokescreen!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: PREDICTION re: Abu Ghraib - smokescreen! Reply with quote

Swifties,

All of a sudden a bazillion stories are appearing in the Fogosphere (MSM) about Abu Ghraib.

The MSM will likely use this as a smokeshield against SwiftVets in the coming days.

I don't use the term "Fogosphere" for nothing.

Be aware.

FDL
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Stanford Prision Experiment of the 1970's fully explains how Abu Ghraib could happen....its why Prisons need to be a professional job...lots of training is needed. That group of Guards was tossed into that specific Duty without significant training.
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine. Let them run more about it. Polls already showed the public was sick of it. Meanwhile the new ad premiers and will suck the rest of the oxygen from the lame stream media. Ultimately the LSM will not be able to not cover the ad and then the GOP convention.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the two planes down in Russia is what will probably dominate the news for days. I was watching FNC and it's looking more and more suspicious, probably intentional. I'm rather alarmed actually.
NashvilleGuy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the issue here is that this is yet another flip-flop on Kerry's part. You just have to reach back for the perspective.

After his testimony before the senate on the "supposed" rampance of criminal acts in the military at a time when military popularity was low in this country, Kerry found it expedient to blame his fellow soldiers.

Does he continue on this theme today?

Of course not. Now, Kerry finds it more expedient to blame civilian authority (i.e., Rumsfeld) since the public is behind the troops. His fellow civil servants now take the blame.

The only consistency is that the finger never points at him.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NashvilleGuy wrote:
For me, the issue here is that this is yet another flip-flop on Kerry's part. You just have to reach back for the perspective.

After his testimony before the senate on the "supposed" rampance of criminal acts in the military at a time when military popularity was low in this country, Kerry found it expedient to blame his fellow soldiers.

Does he continue on this theme today?

Of course not.

Actually, he does.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40129

Kerry told Fox News in March he had no regrets about his service or his protest.

"Now, if some veterans still can't accept that or they don't like the fact that I stood up and spoke my mind, I respect them, that is their choice," he said.

On Sunday, the Kerry campaign's veterans organizer, John Hurley, said in an interview on Fox News Sunday that Kerry stands by his claims in 1971 before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that U.S. soldiers in Vietnam regularly, and as a matter of official policy, committed war atrocities against innocent civilians.

He denied that Kerry had overstated the case against the war when he returned home as a spokesman for the Vietnam Veterans Against the War.

FDL
NashvilleGuy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, and I was aware of this. I guess I spouted off a little quick without fully making my point.

What I am getting at is that he isn't laying the same charges on our military today with the publics support behind our troops. Abu Ghraib back in the day would have been a slam dunk in his Senate testimony, but today he knows the political climate is different. The parallels are there, but he passed on laying the blame on the soldiers this time. Now, he narrows in on Rumsfeld and the Bush administration.

He is an opportunist. If you seem to be standing in his way, whether as a fellow vet or a political foe, you are liable to get two barrels full of crap blown into your face. The facts are a matter for a later date. In the 70's, his path was up the backs of fellow vets to office. Today, it is up the backs of fellow politicians to higher office. My point is, it won't stop. At some level, I am sure he blames God for the fact that he isn't an emperor.

My stance here is that he simply uses whomever is expedient to his advancement at the time. With no thought of the consequences to those he trashes.

He may not know much, but he knows which way the wind blows.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry will turn on today's vets just as soon as it becomes politicaly advantagous to do so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: