SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Answer This Question..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
learjet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Answer This Question.. Reply with quote

If Kerry was in the pilothouse during the Rassmann incident according to the Wash. Post diagram (assuming the watertight doors on the craft were shut or secured to preserve watertight integrity as they are supposed to be during General Quarters i.e: battle ready) how did he supposedly get wounded from a piece of shrapnel? Wink
Desert Storm Vet
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Answer This Question.. Reply with quote

learjet wrote:
If Kerry was in the pilothouse during the Rassmann incident according to the Wash. Post diagram (assuming the watertight doors on the craft were shut or secured to preserve watertight integrity as they are supposed to be during General Quarters i.e: battle ready) how did he supposedly get wounded from a piece of shrapnel? Wink

learjet,

I don't know if I can be of much help but according to the After Action Report to which I have printed out and have sitting here, this is what it say's:

TWO STBD AND ONE PORT MAIN CABIN WINDOWS BLOWN OUT. VRC-46 RADIO AND ALL REMOTE UNITS PILOT HOUSE INOP. AC WIRING SHORTED OUT. ONAN GENERATOR INOP. STEERAGE CONTROL AFTER HELM INOP. STBD BILGE PUMP BROKEN. SCREWS CURLED AND CHIPPED. RADAR GEAR BOX FROZEN. MAIN ENGINES EXPERIENCE RPM DROP.

This is the battle damage for PCF 94.

Also it states: PCF NOT CAPABLE OF EXECUTING MARKET TIME PATROL.

I'm not expert so I don't know but to me the damage sounds more like the PCF 3. Like I said I'm no expert and I don't know much about boats, but it just doesn't seem logical to me as a layperson in this that 94 could tow 3.

BTW seen you were on the Lincoln.........I'm a former Lincoln mom, 2000-2003
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of threads about these in Research & Resources - it looks like the damage report for the 3-boat was substituted for the 94, in Kerry's version. The 94 boat towed the 3-boat out, that day - how would it do so if it had sustained that kind of damage?
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

much discussion of this over on the Resources forum

~the now famous rice attack
The shrapnel came from an incident earlier that day when kerry tossed a grenade into a storage of rice, and he didnt get out of the way fast enough,,,got hit in the backside with rice & shrapnel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: