SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two Tours Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Two Tours Kerry Reply with quote

Kerry insisted PUBLICLY and in person today that he served 2 two tours in Nam. Shocked

This guy must carry a shovel with him everywhere he goes. I'd like to see him get laughed at when he explains that one himself in public.

Deeper and deeper. Wink

Go ahead and tell us John how many days your boots were on the ground in your first tour.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to put yourself in your "Kerry Brain" (yeah, I know. Tight fit, huh?)

"You see, Paula, tours... campaigns... They are just like medals and ribbons. Totally interchangeable. Everyone knows that."
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry Technically served 2 tours, the first one being on a Destroyer or Cruiser (I can not remember off hand which), that was in the Vietnam area of operations.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
Kerry Technically served 2 tours, the first one being on a Destroyer or Cruiser (I can not remember off hand which), that was in the Vietnam area of operations.

Sorry,

You're wrong. A Westpac cruise is not a "Tour of Duty". On a DDGM like the Gridley a "Tour of Duty" is 3 years with 3 Westpacs. Kerry did 1 Westpac.

2nd "tour". A USN Tour of duty in country is 12 months in duration unless seriously wounded. Kerry was there 4 months and 12 days.

He has in total about 2/3 of one tour. That includes 1 day in Danang when he didn't go ashore according to the crew of the Gridley and 4 months and 12 days in Coastal Squadron 1.

Last edited by ASPB on Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thus endeth the lesson.

Wink
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:

I'm sure this is Kerrys thinking ergo the "boots on the ground" question.

Can you imagine him trying to explain the "nuances" of his position in public.
Everytime he tries to explain technicalities, he steps on his...toungue. Razz

You know-I voted for before I voted against...

This one would have to be something like --I was there before I arrived or I was there once before I wasn't. Wink
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come one give me a break. I'm an old Army guy that has little knowledge of them there thingies floatin in da watah. What do you call them things? Oh yeah, boats. Laughing Laughing
I stand corrected, that is what happens when you give someone the benefit of doubt.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to be really careful here.

We do NOT want to dishonor the people who did their tours and WESTPAC'S - we have to make it clear that we believe Kerry dishonors them by making his five weeks time spent in support of the Seventh something that it wasn't.

I have never heard a sailor say that they did a tour in Vietnam when they're speaking of a destroyer or carrier tour. The work was inhuman, the hours unbelievable - either freezing or sweating their b***s off.

But, they know that to call it "a tour in Vietnam" conjures up images of boots on the ground, slashing through jungle and sleeping in foxholes.

They say they did a tour in support of operations off the coast of Vietnam, or something similar.

When the sailor down at the VFW says he did two tours in Vietnam, I'll bet his claims get a lot closer scrutiny than this man who pretends to the Presidency of the United States!
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
Come one give me a break. I'm an old Army guy that has little knowledge of them there thingies floatin in da watah. What do you call them things? Oh yeah, boats. Laughing Laughing
I stand corrected, that is what happens when you give someone the benefit of doubt.

As Scott said, it was no more than a correction of a misunderestimation! Laughing The kind we did with a red pen but now must use a purple pen so it doesn't intimidate the poor waifs in our public school system.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

I have never heard a sailor say that they did a tour in Vietnam when they're speaking of a destroyer or carrier tour. The work was inhuman, the hours unbelievable - either freezing or sweating their b***s off.

But, they know that to call it "a tour in Vietnam" conjures up images of boots on the ground, slashing through jungle and sleeping in foxholes.

Exactly!!!!

Only Kerry would have the gall to call it a "tour" IN (key word) Nam.
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th,

No offense intended. My father was a "90-day wonder" who served on Destroyers starting just after the armistice ended the Korean War. He taught me to sail, and he required that I understand the difference between "boats" and "ships".

John Kerry's "first tour" aboard the USS Gridley, a guided-missile frigate, stayed in the waters off Vietnam for, at most, five weeks. (UFC p. 24)

Now, that's one he11 of a "First Tour," wouldn't you say?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: