SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Reilly now planning Kerry's strategy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: O'Reilly now planning Kerry's strategy Reply with quote

Bill O'Reilly believes that if Kerry had responded early to the SBVT ads, the issue would have gone away within a week.

Somehow, I don't think you Swiftees would agree!

Will you prove him wrong?
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore O'Reilly...he has lost a lot of us with his constant defending of Kerry...O'Reilly has not read the book, nor has he really bothered to look at all of the issues. O'Reilly won't touch the issue or thinks what happened in Vietnam is irrelevant...because he himself would not serve..so he is hoping it will go away.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill O'Reilly does not give any thought to the internet, the fisking of all the lies and spin that essentially started to shame the major newspapers into covering the story. And then of course the drop in poll numbers--the real reason the newspapers and Kerry attacked. Everyone lauded Dean as some great internet campaigner. I'd say the Swift Boat Vets have done as good or better with donations in less time considering the opposition.

From what I saw the other day on O'Reilly, if it's not in Kerry's medal citation Bill won't pay it any mind, because if it's on paper it must be true. Never mind that that paper was created based on eyewitness testimony--testimony that is now being refuted by a numerically superior group of eyewitnesses! *climbs down from rant box* He just wants the Kerry interview. Just like he had to temper his criticism of Alec Baldwin--and even defend him at one point--to get that interview. And he'll do the same thing and praise Bush just to get that interview too. I'm steadily losing respect for him.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my habit everday a 5:00 to watch the factor, then Hannity and colmbs. Now I same and hour and just watch Hannity. Bill you suck.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: O'Reilly now planning Kerry's strategy Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
Bill O'Reilly believes that if Kerry had responded early to the SBVT ads, the issue would have gone away within a week.

I believe that if John F. Kennedy hadn't been assassinated, Richard Nixon would never have been elected President.

Guess what? Neither belief is relevant to history, or the present.

Quote:
Of all the sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these; "it might have been."

Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill lost my respect quite a few weeks ago...and until he apologizes to the swiftvets after they take Kerry down then, just maybe, then I will return.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly has his master's degrees and was a teacher. His basic philosophy was founded based on anti-war pro kerry sentiments.
He will go down with kerry.
Hannity will get his own show, post re-election.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was talking today on his radio show about how "Rassman was the key factor" in this story - how could you question him, and on and on...

I wrote back to him and said,

"Rassman the key factor? Are you kidding?

Do you know how many different versions of the Rassman story have been told?

He has told TWO stories just about how he happened to drop into the Kerry campaign!

I think your glowing remarks on the dust jacket of "Tour of Duty" tell us a lot more about what the "key factor" is in your position than anything else.

You're not looking out for the folks, any more, Bill.

But, the Swifts are!"
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark!
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

producehawk wrote:
It was my habit everday a 5:00 to watch the factor, then Hannity and colmbs. Now I same and hour and just watch Hannity. Bill you suck.

Oreilly is multitalented, everyone knows he's a blowhard, but as you have pointed out producehawk, he also sucks.

I have come down real hard on Oreilly over the swiftvets issue, he has likely permanently lost a big fan. I used to defend Oreilly against the railings of my lib co workers and they would all think I was a chump for doing it. But I kept at it because I thought, for the most part, he deserved defending.

I am kinda feeling like a chump now.

Zell Miller
kmf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy listening to Bill O'Reilly, but definitely not when it has come to this issue.

I will still listen to him, but he has lost some credibility with me.

He didn't need to have any of the SBVFT on his show as he already made up his mind and negated anything they had to say.

For someone who is supposed to be in the know, he really is out to lunch on this one.

I guess the "No Spin Zone" is stuck on the "Kerry Cycle".
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should write to him and tell him that to fair and balanced he owes John O' a 30 minute segment this week. Email, Email, Email. Laughing
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find Bill O'Reilly intolerable. He isn't intelligent enough to be as egotistical as he behaves. He blares out hot-headed opinions and rarely has his facts straight. O'Reilly runs on high-octane-egotism. He is factually bankrupt. Just a blowhard. Not funny or even entertaining any more. Fox needs to dump him.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the0point wrote:
Bill O'Reilly does not give any thought to the internet, the fisking of all the lies and spin that essentially started to shame the major newspapers into covering the story. And then of course the drop in poll numbers--the real reason the newspapers and Kerry attacked. Everyone lauded Dean as some great internet campaigner. I'd say the Swift Boat Vets have done as good or better with donations in less time considering the opposition.

From what I saw the other day on O'Reilly, if it's not in Kerry's medal citation Bill won't pay it any mind, because if it's on paper it must be true. Never mind that that paper was created based on eyewitness testimony--testimony that is now being refuted by a numerically superior group of eyewitnesses! *climbs down from rant box* He just wants the Kerry interview. Just like he had to temper his criticism of Alec Baldwin--and even defend him at one point--to get that interview. And he'll do the same thing and praise Bush just to get that interview too. I'm steadily losing respect for him.

Bingo! You hit the nail on the head...O'Reilly has gotten too big for himself. OOH-YAH to all the SwiftVets....You are doing the right thing getting the truth out for all to look see...even those who don't like it.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I have no illusions that he'll even see it, Scott.

If he does, I hope it DOES leave a mark. I've bought every single one of his books and a premium membership, and I no longer have the feeling that he's concerned about anything more than ratings.

But maybe one of his staffers will see it and put a tick mark in the "going in the wrong direction" column for the Swifts tally board. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: