SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long term retaliation against the swiftvets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Long term retaliation against the swiftvets Reply with quote

These swiftees are so courageous, not only to take the heat now but to probably take even more once Kerry's ship sinks. I shudder to think what will be in store for them. The MSM is not going to like having major egg thrown on their face. Whadya think, am I paranoid for them or is this a real concern.

Zell Miller
AF366TFW
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Men tested in battle have courage of the heart. These men are some of the most courageous I have ever seen.

One does not back down or weigh the costs on a field of honor.
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, the dumbest thing the leftist media could do would be to mess with the Swift Vets in any way actionable.

I've not looked up Mr O'Neills firm, but I'd wager he wouldn't back off a libel or slander claim. Who knows ? He might end up owning his own media empire.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys have all said that after having real bullets flying at them in Vietnam, the trashing they've gotten on some of these shows is pretty easy stuff to deal with.
AF366TFW
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy3, YOU got it right.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I guess there is no real reason for concern. Most of the MSM are, as Spiro Agnew put it in one of his colorful aphorisms, an "effete corp of impudent snobs". Not much a match for men of courage and integrity.

Actually, the MSM should be concerned about how this will all shake out for them. I hope its a major overhaul. Not holding my breath though.

Zell Miller
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck54 wrote:
Actually, the MSM should be concerned about how this will all shake out for them. I hope its a major overhaul.

I'll settle for a major drop in ratings and subscriptions.

Razz
silenthunter
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was "an effete corps of nattering Nabobs." Smile
COMCARDIV7, '70-'71
USS Oriskany, CVA34, '69-'71

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it won't be needed until someone tries to take it away." -- Thomas Jefferson
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These folks are the truest of patriots in my book. Heroes one and all.
They will go down in history as a grassroots effort that saved the nation.
I will never forget 9/11.
I will never forget the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth

SOTG
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Long term retaliation against the swiftvets Reply with quote

Sunday, Aug. 22, 2004 3:44 p.m. EDT
With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff

O'Neill Dares Kerry: 'Sue Me'

Swiftboat Veterans for the Truth spokesman John O'Neill dared Sen. John Kerry on Sunday to sue him for libel if, as Kerry's presidential campaign maintains, key claims in O'Neill's book "Unfit for Command" are not true.

"I invite him to sue me for libel," O'Neill, who co-authored the overnight bestseller with Jerome Corsi, told WABC Radio's Monica Crowley.

"If he was actually in Cambodia on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day he should sue me. If, in fact, those other five [Swift]boats, on March the 13, [1969], if they all fled like he did, instead of staying like he knows they did, he should sue me."

O'Neill continued, "If he didn't wound himself with a grenade, causing sort of a rice-fanny wound, and then reported it to the Navy as a water mine - if he didn't do that on March 13th he should sue me."

O'Neill issued the challenge after noting that Kerry's campaign has gone to extraordinary lengths to suppress the information in "Unfit for Command."

"On our first [Swiftvet] ad, he had two huge law firms send letters to every [TV] station, threatening to sue the stations themselves" if they ran the ad, the former Swiftboat commander told Crowley.

"The next thing he did was challenge the book's publisher, Regnery, indicating he would sue them if they continued printing the book," he added.

The bestselling author said that while Regnery declined to stop printing "Unfit," it offered to republish Kerry's 1971 book "The New Soldier," which chronicles the top Democrat's anti-war protests with a group bankrolled by Jane Fonda.

Kerry has declined to have "New Soldier" republished over the years and reportedly bought up most of the available copies in 1972, after his opponent in a congressional race used it to paint him as anti-American.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He bought up most copies?... But he's so prolific!
Let's help him out:

http://johnkerrythenewsoldier.blogspot.com/

SOTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: