SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will you support Kerry as president?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never support Kerry as President. I hope and pray that Kerry does not make even get close...I am hoping for a miracle between now and November. I honestly think I would urge my husband to find a civil service or state department job overseas...because I for on am very concerned about what will happen if Kerry is elected. Right now we have kept the terrorist contained in the middle east...and that is where I want them to say.

If Kerry is elected he will rescind tax cuts within the first 100 days, he will have our troops out of Iraq and then all hell will break out and Iraq will become a hot bed that would make it look mild to what is going on today....that is only the beginning. ...and I know this sounds like gloom and doom - but I want a president to be strong and I do not see that in Kerry...he waffles on everything issue. At least I might not agree with President Bush on half of his ideals...but I know where he stands and he is not going to change his mind on his core beliefs. Kerry has no core beliefs.

Kerry has already confirmed two of the swiftvets points in "Unfit for Command" - the lie about Cambodia and his first purple heart...what else is he hiding? What is he so afraid of? Does this not even make you question with all the nastiness he has sent his lackies out to do for him.

John Kerry is running like a wild man...that concerns me. And he has the nerve to question President Bush reading and continue to read to school children. Kerry himself says he sat for 40 minutes before doing anything after watching the 2nd plane hit. Most of us were stunned!

Support Kerry as President...if by some mistep of the American people and this does happen...I think it will be the downslide of the US and I hope and pray to God that it will be short lived.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He actually did tell the truth...before he lied. Laughing
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not support Bill Clinton. I will not support John Kerry. I have a real hate for liars.
jpusinsky
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Creepy Kerry Reply with quote

Will not vote for Kerry he is creepy !
GOD Bless GW Bush
Vet & Proud
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only good thing about a vote for kerry, it's a vote againest hillary

God between the 2, I just get sick...

Embarassed Embarassed
Michmaddave
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me??

Vote for Kerry???

BAAAAHNAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*(no way in hell)

PS, any vote other than for Bush is indirectly a vote for Kerry at least.
ink
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone that posted thoughtful replies; Navy_Navy_Navy, You GottaBeKidding, GenrXr, carpro, DEL, Belisaurius, NashvilleGuy.

I especially found the graphic useful.

Believe it or not, there are people out that that haven't made up their minds about who they want for president; And there exist those that have made up their mind but are willing to examine this issue more closely.

Ink
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you not know who you are going to vote for?

This baffles me! There is right and there is wrong. There is no middle.

The so called "GREY" area is propelled by the BEAST. The acceptable lie!
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

Thanks for the Switboat donation link...Just got mine off...Best bucks i ever spent....
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ink wrote:
Believe it or not, there are people out that that haven't made up their minds about who they want for president; And there exist those that have made up their mind but are willing to examine this issue more closely.

We try to accommodate reasonable inquiries, but as you might be able to see with some digging through the site, we are inundated with people who pretend to be undecided and casually drop Kerry Talking Points into their posts. So, we are naturally very skeptical about such posts - we've just seen too many of them dissolve into troll rants.

Personally, I don't understand how anyone can be undecided at this point, but maybe it's because I still feel the oath I took to "protect and defend" in every cell of my body. I spent 24 years in the Navy and as a Navy wife and now I have a son in the Navy.

I am chilled to the bone at the idea of what a Kerry CinC could do to our military. Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton decimated it badly enough. Kerry has done everything possible as a Senator to hurt defense and intel. How can we trust him as leader of the free world???

The idea just doesn't seem like it could be even reasonably TOLERATED by Americans. I am trying to understand, but the only thing that explains it is the ABB syndrome, people who hate America, hate the military and hate the President.... and that's all based on nebulous, visceral reaction more than fact.

Kerry as President??? How can this even be a topic of debate in this great country? A man who by rights would be wearing stripes, right about now...
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ink wrote:

We try to be mindful of that, and I think you'll find that if your intent is the legitimate pursuit of information, or even to rebut our "facts" or our convictions about Kerry, you'll find many willing to engage you in civil debate.

However, in fairness to our members, this forum is under constant assault by those whose intent is considerably different.

When you commence your first post with the condescending and borderline insulting "Before you reply, think about my questions" and "Your emotional instincts are no good in a forum dedicated to truth and logic", are you really surprised to be greeted with skepticism by some of our residents?

Stick around and poke at the evidence as you see fit. I think you'll find your tenure here to be considerably longer than "devil's advocates" at other forums.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Belisaurius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope that, if you take away nothing else, you realize that this is a group who seek to unmask a man who repeatedly and publicly lied about his service, and the service of his comrades. He stole the honor from, and blackened the names of, an entire generation of loyal, honorable servicemembers. As I said in my previous post, this is unforgivable.

That's it. That's all. No monetary reward. The proceeds of the book go to Navy Relief. No hope of a position in a future administration or favorable treatment of a pet issue in Congress. Simply an attempt to right a grevious wrong.

Why am I here? I was eight years old when the last helicopter left the U.S. embassy. Why should I care? I'll tell you why. Because I saw what a small cadre of selfish buddyf###ers could do to sully the multitude who served with honor. I don't want to see it happen to my generation.
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Will you support Kerry as president? Reply with quote

Thanks for the Switboat donation link...Just got mine off...Best bucks i ever spent....
localnet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting has gotten to the point of going to the glue factory to find the next Seabiscut. There are no statesmen left in the land. Gonna hold my nose and vote.

www.votescam.com

Mike
Jim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the original question, if Kerry is elected President fairly by majority vote, then yes I'll support him. If Bush is elected President fairly by majority vote, I'll support him too. That's a responsibility of being an American citizen, the upholding of our Constitution, and our electoral process, even if we "lose" an election.

I may not like either of these men, (and I don't) and will feel free to vocally criticize either to my friends and family...but in the end, you have to support the President. That's what being a good American is about, and to me that's more important than partisan politics.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: