SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hannity Pounds Meehan over Form 180
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandiM wrote:
How did these people grow to be in their 40s and 50s without ever, apparently, having learned the words "Yes" and "No"?--

Whey the hell can't just ONE of them ever, ever, EVER answer a yes-or-no-question with a simple "yes" or "no"?--

Honest to goodness, it just makes me borderline homicidal--

Can you imagine their weddings?--

Pastor: "Do you take this woman.......?"

Democrat: "You have to understand something here--I've said over and over publicly that I plan to be with her long term--I've placed a statement to that effect on my web site, for Heaven's sake!!--I've introduced her to my family and all my friends--I bought her a ring--I made reservations for a honeymoon--I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT MORE I CAN SAY--And if that's all not enough for you.......well.......I can only assume that you have some sort of sinister agenda and I'll make it my business to destroy you for it whether it's true or not--I've been a member of this church for....................."

It's a sickness to be so determined not to EVER just answer a question directly--And apparently there's no cure--C

Laughing LMAO Laughing
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL!! CandiM, that was post-of-the-day. Cheers.
OldAbe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ichabod Colmes

Good name. He certainly has his head someplace and it surely isn't on his shoulders!! Smile That guy's a real tool. They talk about Republicans being mind-numbed robots programmed by Karl Rove!! Holy cow, if this guy starts another sentence with "They weren't on his boat" I'm going to puke.

I almost blew my cork last night when he wouldn't let Mr. O'Neill finish his explanation of the fact that there are more rivers in Vietnam than just the Mekong and that boats, yes even swift boats Mr. Colmes, can float on these very rivers, and , I know it's hard to believe, some of these rivers actually do cross or even form the border of Cambodia (for those geographically challenged Democrats.) And, wonder of wonders, now brace yourself for this, the Navy may actually have moved units around on these very same rivers over the course of the war both before and after the illustrious Mr. Kerry arrived on the scene.

Well, that's all for now. I've gotta take my brain out for the nightly download from rovesrobots.com.

- OldAbe
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
The only way I can watch Hannity and Colmes is to hit the mute button every tim Ichabod Colmes opens his mouth.

ROFL!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
The previous exchange between them and between Col. Ollie North and Bob Beckel set me off. Truth be known, every time Bob Beckel guests on the show, I'm set off. I fired off the following email to Colmes tonight;

Mr. Colmes, let me preface this by saying that I am a 55 year old Vietnam veteran who served in country from June of 1969 to the final days of December 1970. I have looked upon you as a fair minded person, even emailing you before to thank you for your stance on military people.

However, listening to you tonight, as you defended Bob Beckel and his claims that the atrocities John Kerry testified to in 1971, were in fact common place and labeling him as a brave man for speaking out, made me realize that you have lost your sense of "fair and balanced."

As one who served, and hearing Beckel claim the atrocities Kerry mentioned are well documented, without offering any documentation, I am angry that you choose to support his stance in an effort to elect your man. Allow me to say, claiming that Kerry was only repeating what he was told by veterans is a farce. Many of those who testified to those atrocities were in fact, not even Vietnam veterans, as exposed in the book, Stolen Valor, by B.G. Burkett, a real Vietnam veteran. When Naval Investigative Services looked into those claims made by Kerry, as ordered by Congress, hardly any would repeat those claims on the record, even though offered immunity.

You keep repeating that Kerry volunteered for Vietnam and requested combat duty, as he has recently said, in his efforts to be seen as a hero. Allow me to refer you to some of John Kerry's own words, as stated in the Boston Globe;

Quote:
"Kerry initially hoped to continue his service at a relatively safe distance from most fighting, securing an assignment as "swift boat" skipper. While the 50-foot swift boats cruised the Vietnamese coast a little closer to the action than the Gridley had come, they were still considered relatively safe.

"I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing.""

See section 2 of the following Boston Globe article

http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/061503.shtml

Seeing you trash the Swift vets and allow them to be called liars and frauds, then hearing you thank another man for his service makes me sick to my stomach. I am rapidly losing all respect I ever had for you.

LewWaters

Oh Lew,

This is good, I think I will borrow some of this to add to my letter that I am trying to work on also for Mr. Colmes. I'm just adding a cc so it goes to Sean also. I will work with the wording a bit so it doesn't sound like a form letter being sent out by many.

Honor, Courage and Committment
something John F. Kerry doesn't have
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandiM wrote:
How did these people grow to be in their 40s and 50s without ever, apparently, having learned the words "Yes" and "No"?--

Whey the hell can't just ONE of them ever, ever, EVER answer a yes-or-no-question with a simple "yes" or "no"?--

Honest to goodness, it just makes me borderline homicidal--

Can you imagine their weddings?--

Pastor: "Do you take this woman.......?"

Democrat: "You have to understand something here--I've said over and over publicly that I plan to be with her long term--I've placed a statement to that effect on my web site, for Heaven's sake!!--I've introduced her to my family and all my friends--I bought her a ring--I made reservations for a honeymoon--I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT MORE I CAN SAY--And if that's all not enough for you.......well.......I can only assume that you have some sort of sinister agenda and I'll make it my business to destroy you for it whether it's true or not--I've been a member of this church for....................."

It's a sickness to be so determined not to EVER just answer a question directly--And apparently there's no cure--C

This is to funny, ROFLMAO, sure sums up tonight's show, couldn't get a straight yes or no answer.

I finally had to go outside to cool down I kept butting into the conversation.

Honor, Courage and Committment
something John F. Kerry doesn't have
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but you have to use much smaller words and shorter sentences when you write to Alan. He has the attention span of a mosquito in a nudist colony. He looks like a constipated weasel that ate 50 pounds of bark for breakfast.

Great letter though. Send it to Hannity. He can actually read.
concerned_voter
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted by Admin)
learjet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I don't like to get personal but has anyone ever seen Mr. Ed and Alan Colmes in the same room together at the same time? There's a striking resemblance there..

Kind of like the Janet & Michael Jackson thing I guess?
Desert Storm Vet
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

concerned_voter wrote:
Well other than Lew's excellent post this entire thread was once again another inane thread of name calling.

Well, the answer to that is as simple and as old as the internet. Wink
concerned_voter
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep....I moved to the reading the next thread Wink
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Yes or No? Reply with quote

Regarding the inability of Democrats to answer yes or no, I was reminded of a famous quote:

"Let your yes be yes, and your no be no".

Jesus Christ

Ever wonder why most Christians vote for Republicans?
brat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Colmes Sandusky Reply with quote

I was stuck in my vehicle listening to am radio tonight, and I heard
Del Sandusky on Colmes show. Not much said except that he was looking outside when the 3 boat hit the mine. He said everyone jumped on the guns including them for about TWO minutes. and that he could see some AK47 flashes in the jungle and bullets hitting the water. I know a 5000 meter swift boat run can't be made in two minutes. I think he is backpeddling and if the right questions were asked more info would be forthcoming.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brat,

Actually you may be on to something here. I think that Del Sandursky may have been telling the truth on the Colmes show. Let me explain:

The mine that crippled PCF-3 was a remote detonated mine. That meant that some VC had to be in the vincinity.

Now, what if the Mine exploded, the VC took a couple of pot-shots and scrammed because they knew that those 50cal MGs would rip them to shreds. Thus by the time the initial suppression fire was done, there was no more enemy fire.

Of course when you are sitting next to a 50cal going full bore, it is kind of hard to hear much else.

Bottom line, there may have been initial enemy gunfire with Sandursky heard...but NOT heavy gunfire....and most importantly by the time Kerry got back...

He was no longer under enemy fire.

What does everyone think. I suspect this is the most reasonable extrapolation based on the evidence we currently have. It certainly explains the facts and all the discrepencies except Kerry's mendacity (but that needs no explaination).

Truth is Beauty
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Colmes Sandusky Reply with quote

brat wrote:
I was stuck in my vehicle listening to am radio tonight, and I heard
Del Sandusky on Colmes show. Not much said except that he was looking outside when the 3 boat hit the mine. He said everyone jumped on the guns including them for about TWO minutes. and that he could see some AK47 flashes in the jungle and bullets hitting the water. I know a 5000 meter swift boat run can't be made in two minutes. I think he is backpeddling and if the right questions were asked more info would be forthcoming.

from a recent Washington Post or times article...

Quote:
"(And Del Sandusky, a crew mate of Kerry, was the eyewitness listed in the award recommendation for Kerry. According to the National Personnel Records Center, Lambert's file no longer contains the award recommendation for his Bronze Star.) "

Which means that Sandusky was the person that recommended Kerry for the Bronze medal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: