SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry campaign is bleeding from a thousand cuts!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelwings
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern is that he will use this whole situation to his benefit as he has done in his past campaigns. I do not have the whole story yet but there have been musings that this is his modus operendi{excuse my Latin sp} Has anyone else heard this story. How he uses his war record and then whines when it has detractors making him seem sympathetic. Didn't he bring up his service and medals ect. in his last campaign? Then when his activities were questioned by the opposition he called on the vets and they came to his rescue?. He does the hit and whine method. Maybe he can only get away with it in Massachusetts and not on the national scene. I am not sure of the whole story but have heard bits and pieces of this..he is using their (the vets } support against them now isn't he?
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angelwings,

He has done this in every campaign. The difference is this is not Massachussets... Not going to work this time.
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Pulitizer prize winner on side of Swifties Reply with quote

Check out http://stolenhonor.com/about-producer.asp Pulitzer prize winner author Carlton Sherwood is producing a documentary about Kerry and the rest of the anti-war loonies and how it affected the POWs. Trying to release by Labor Day. The noose keeps getting tighter. Keep up the push Swifties, and God Bless you.
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is whining and complaining like he is doing now, I wonder how he will deal with future confrontations and problems. For example, if North Korea or Iran were to use threats of nuclear weapons, Kerry would go to his sacred United Nations and plead father Kofi to make them stop. Or better yet, have his surrogates Max Cleland hand deliver a written letter to Kim Jong Il.

Kerry is weak, and every tyrant in the world knows this. That is why he is the preferred choice among communists and terrorists.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bach04 wrote:
Kerry is weak, and every tyrant in the world knows this. That is why he is the preferred choice among communists and terrorists.

10 OUT OF 10 TERRORISTS AGREE: VOTE FOR KERRY!
Thinker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it Confused

Every Kerry story shows his leadership and his unfettered strength when things got tough. Now he send a 3 time amputee to Texas ( did you see Max had his sleeve rolled up to show his arm missing) to cully sympathy I said SYPATHY for the poor dude. This can't be the same man that dodged bullets to save Rassman....It can't be. Or maybe it is and how he is acting is exactly how he acted a long long time ago...It's the same guy.

This should show the country who he is now. THe swiftees have allowed Kerry to begin his own destruction by showing the country how he would act in a crisis.

Thank you
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, if you think about it, this is Slick Willie all over again--

If Bill Clinton had just come out when the Monica story was first on the street and said "Whether I'm doing an intern or not has nothing to do with my public life and is, therefore, none of your damned business", the press and the Republicans would have probably beefed about it for a couple of weeks and then the whole thing would have blown-over--There would have been nothing to investigate, no "it depends on what your definition of 'is' is", no need to lie under oath to the Federal Prosecutor--

But NOOOOOO!--He had to shuck and jive and bob and weave and parse his words and obfuscate until the whole thing got to be the spectacle we all got to witness--

Same damned thing with this Bozo--If, as soon as the SBVT ran it's first ad, he had stepped-up to the mike and said "Look--I was 27 years-old--I had been through some traumatic times in Viet Nam and I was angry--I believed and repeated things that were told to me about others' experiences in the war and, in retrospect, I wish I hadn't--It was wrong and I regret it--I apologize to every single veteran who served in Viet Nam for my misbegotten words and actions and can only hope that they will be able to find it in their hearts to forgive me", he would have diffused the situation a LOT--Or if he had just signed the Form 180 and proceeded to explain whatever it is that's in there that he would have preferred wouldn't become public, that would have been enough for a whole lot of people and it would have given him at least some small basis for claiming that someone's "picking on him"--Granted, neither probably wouldn't have been sufficient to satisfy the SBVs, and I fully understand that and do not mean to say that they're being unreasonable in any way--

But the egos of these guys just will not allow them to face negatives and deal with them--They just HAVE to try to dance out of it, and that's when the things they most want to hide become all that we can see--What fools!--C
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
An apology will never be good enough.

Never.

I wasn't even there, but I will never forgive what he did to my older brothers and sisters of the armed forces.

NEVER.

I don't care if he runs away and joins a monastery complete with hair shirt, I will never forgive him.

NAVYNAVYNAVY

I am 100% with you on that one!!!

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An apology, regardless of how insincere we'd find it, might get the press all atwitter but the real question is would the Swift Vets take their ball and go home ( in a manner of speaking). I'd bet no way.

Starting Monday the GOP is going to hammer Kerry on his voting record, or rather his lack of one.

The new ad is going to continue dropping Kerry's poll numbers.

Another post said Kerry was dying from a thousand cuts. How true.
Navyfam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candi, good post but don't forget Kerry said he committed atrocities himself at the 1971 hearings.

He went from committing atrocities to being one.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the cold, hard fact of the matter is that if Kerry had apologized, the press, I daresay even most on Fox, would have pretty much dropped it if Kerry had apologized--I AGREE that a simple apology isn't enough.......for ME--And for a lot of others--

But there are one heck of a lot of Americans who are sick to death of ANY kind of negative political ads, whether what's being said has merit or not, there's just been way too much of it and, frankly, most people really would prefer to hear a discussion of the real issues that face the Country and if Kerry did apologize, not now, but at the beginning, enough people would have said "OK--Fine--He apologized--Now let's get on with other things" and that would not have gotten to be as big as it is--I don't doubt for a minute that the SBVs would not have dropped it at that, nor do I necessarily think that they should--I'm just saying that Kerry has gone a long way toward helping to give this story legs--C

Last edited by CandiM on Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Navyfam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't think an apology from Kerry would have done anything to stop this. He doesn't have a drop of sincerity in him and his constant flip-flops would leave most wondering when he would change his position on any apology and take it back.

As for Swiftvets, these ads are a full frontal assault against Kerry and his unfitness to be president; there is no snideness, no parsing. The difference is that most attack ads tell only a distorted version of the truth.

I'll be glad if any of the Swiftvets ads lance the Vietnam wound for veterens and their families. I new many vets who came back and were further damaged by John Kerry, Hanoi Jane and their ilk. I still have the POW bracelet I wore in highschool and college. The name etched on my bracelet is also etched on the Vietnam Wall.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianC wrote:
bach04 wrote:

10 OUT OF 10 TERRORISTS AGREE: VOTE FOR KERRY!

Yep. One terrorist to the other: "Hope is on the way!" Mad

Truth is Beauty
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to his testimony before Congress:

More damaging is the interview on Meet the Press -
(Audiotape, April 18, 1971):
MR. CROSBY NOYES (Washington Evening Star): Mr. Kerry, you said at one time or another that you think our policies in Vietnam are tantamount to genocide and that the responsibility lies at all chains of command over there. Do you consider that you personally as a Naval officer committed atrocities in Vietnam or crimes punishable by law in this country?

SEN. KERRY: There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.

Or on the Dick Cavett debate with Oneill.

MR. CAVETT: Well, let's talk about that. Did you see war crimes committed and –
MR. KERRY: Well, I have often talked about this subject. I personally didn't see personal atrocities in the sense that I saw somebody cut a head off or something like that. However, I did take part in free fire zones and I did take part in harassment interdiction fire. I did take part in search-and-destroy missions in which the houses of noncombatants were burned to the ground. And all of these, I find out later on, these acts are contrary to the Hague and Geneva Conventions and to the laws of warfare. So in that sense, anybody who took part in those, if you carry out the applications of the Nuremberg principles, is in fact guilty.

He gave this basic line many times. He is let off the hook by only referring to the Congressional testimony where he is a bit more polished.
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the origonal poster of this article. Thank you all for joining in.

Kerry is certainly bleeding badly.

Kerry is losing this election, .1 percent per day since the Swiftvets ads started.

Great Work, Everybody
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: