SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McCain to work with President Bush against Ads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: McCain to work with President Bush against Ads Reply with quote

They said all ads...President Bush expected to speak soon........on FOX
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that. That is against free speech.
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: McCain to work with President Bush against Ads Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
They said all ads...President Bush expected to speak soon........on FOX

McCain doesn’t own the rights to the Vietnam War any more than John Kerry does. The history of the Vietnam War belongs to all of us. We have a say in our own history. There is a Wall in Washington D.C. that gives us that right.

Unfit for Command is the story of John Kerry’s betrayal of the Vietnam Vet. It has opened wounds that have never healed and that is a good thing. By holding John Kerry accountable for his past the SBVT have force all us to revisit the past and that is a good thing. No matter what the mainstream media, Kerry, the Democrats, Max Cleland, John McCain or anyone has to say events of over 30 years ago DO MATTER. It is time to set the record straight before our generation dies.

I can still feel that anger I felt when I saw John “The Viet CON” Kerry saluting the nation and announcing that he was “reporting for duty”. It was a pathetic performance from a man who must fashion himself a Caesar, a Washington or a George Patton himself.

Help is on the way, indeed Mr. Kerry but not from you.

This vain, selfish and immoral man drew a picture of the Vietnam Vet as rapist, butcher and barbarian. He did so before Congress, before the Nation and World to promote his ambitions at the expensive of the Band of Brothers he claims to love.

No, Mr. McCain you do not own the rights to the Vietnam War John Kerry must be held accountable. For too long the left, academia, the mainstream media have been the gatekeepers making sure only their version of events are allowed to stand. No more Mr. McCain it is not your decision who gets to speak and who doesn’t.

Aaron Greenwood, Medic
Brigade HHC, attached to E Troop 17th Cav
173ed Airborne Brigade (Separate)
Feb 1967-Feb 1968

The following fits those who have the honor of being listed on the Wall not the cheap theatrics of John Kerry.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his
blood with me, Shall be my brother; be ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle
his condition. And gentlemen in England now abed, Shall think themselves
accursed they were not here, And hold their manhood's cheap whiles any
speaks, That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day."
- William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of these ads would be necessary if it wasn't for mccains ant-free speech campaign finance reform bill. The guy is an idiot for doing that in the first place, and then having the nerve to pipe up again after his foolishness is revealed in the intentional loop hold in the bill so they could create 527s to hit Bush with for over two years. There are so many anti-Bush ads compared to the two ads from SBVT that any comparrison is foolish and can't even be legitimately made.
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: McCain and Bush - Anti Free Speach Reply with quote

McCain/Fiengold is an attempt to remove free speach from the political process. If this law is not removed, then the only free political speach will come from the media and polticians themselves.

THAT IS BS.

If Bush proceeds on this I'm going to write in John O'Neill on election day. George may have just cost himself the election.

Even Fox now has gone over the edge in allowing the Kerry "This is a smear" mantra to go forward unchallenged. This is not a smear, it is an airing of the truth.

Kerry has smeared himself his entire life, and if Bush/McCain try to prevent the people from talking about it then it's time for another revolution.

If it sounds like I'm PO-ed, you bet.
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a free speech issue and they cannot stop it.

They may be able to change the IRS status or some other technical tweak.

Notice the use of the word "shadowy".
Does that mean something special?

Kerry challenged Bush to "Bring it on!"

Well, Mr Kerry, if you can't handle the truth from fellow Vets, how can you expect the American people to believe you're capable of handling a world full of hateful terrorists who want us all dead?
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, guys, let's chill out and get a perspective on this. Bush has to take the upper hand. Remember, he can't just single out MoveOn.org because that'll give them ammunition. And, court actions take longer than two months, so I look at all this as posturing and a way to undercut the Democrats, especially as McCain is going to be campaigning with Bush. I'm sure now McCain realizes the hydra monster he created and I think Bush is offering him an out. Remember, he's supposed to be a good poker player and this is one of his cards in the stack.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain/Fiengold is an attempt to protect the incumbents . They want to prevent anyone from being able to critize elected officals. We don't live in Nazi Germany we can speak out .
DEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good news indeed. The judicial is the branch with the authority to silence citizens. I just can't see a threat to the security of this nation with these ads. The court is not want to limit free speech.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is just some Bush/McCain manuevering in the Republican party. McCain wants his respect, so Bush gave him some. And it undercuts Kerry's "poor me" speeches. Nothing will come of this.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Bush / McCain vs. 527s Reply with quote

I agree with lolajl that court action will probably be slow. While somebody like McCain might be able to convince a friendly judge to issue an "injunction" against ALL 527-group ads, could you imagine the reaction of $oro$ and Moveon.org against that? You would probably end up with rich lefties arguing in FAVOR of SBVT's right to free speech!

You would also have all the TV stations complaining about the loss of ad revenue from $oro$ and Company, this is violating free speech, and the rich TV stations could buy a lawyer to convince a judge to put it off until after the election.

There would be all sorts of appeals and counter-appeals, and meanwhile all the 527's (including SBVT) continue to follow the McCain-Feingold law as written, which (to me) resembles a free-for-all. It would never get to the Supreme Court before Election Day, and since they had to put the kibosh on the endless 2000 Florida recounts, they wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

After the election, McCain would then sit down with Feingold (if he's re-elected) and other campaign-finance-reformists and try to figure out what went wrong, with lots of time to think about it...
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure about slow court actions.
If you will recall how quickly the courts acted on the "hanging chads" fiasco in Florida during the 2000 election. If they really want speed, they can get it.
I only hope this can drag out in the courts until after November.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

I read that. RELAX! This is just one more way Kerry has shot himself in the foot. First of all McCain specifically denounced the use of his statements in pro-Kerry commercials and got Kerry to pull at least one such ad. In the second place, this lawsuit would apply to ALL 527s.

If no action is taken before election day, we're set.

If action is taken before election day ACT, MoveOn, and others get hurt far, far worse than we do. They are primarily funded by soft money and it is my understanding that we are funded almost entirely (now) by small donations. That means limited us to hard money doesn't really hurt us.

In short, this is win/win for Bush.

Truth is Beauty
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Court delays Reply with quote

In the Florida recount case, there was a Constitutional deadline--the electors from Florida HAD to be decided by Dec. 12, 2000, otherwise the election went to Congress. With the House controlled by Republicans and the Senate by Democrats (including Vice President Gore), Congress would be deadlocked, and the Constitution said that the issue would be decided by the governor of the state in question, who was a candidate's brother!!! Since that would obviously smack of nepotism, the Courts realized they had to get involved quickly.

In this case, there is no pressing Constitutional reason why a case concerning a new law (McCain-Feingold) concerning elections would have to be decided in the courts before the FIRST election affected by the law. The courts would probably easily see that both the President and Senator Kerry would have a vested interest in one result or another, and would probably recognize the huge disparity in the amount of money spent by 527's favoring Kerry over those favoring Bush, and punt until after the election.

Even if this case does get to court, I don't think the Bush campaign would "try very hard" to argue a case against 527's, when they are benefitting from the Swift Boat ads, and the $oro$ ads haven't hurt them much. They could always "stage" a legal action in order to give lip-service to the Kerry complaints in the press, wait for the inevitable objection from a 527 about free speech, then deliberately let it drag out until after the election.

It might be a good idea for O'Neill, or someone with legal background, to determine what type of defense SBVT could mount if a legal case was filed. If such a case is filed, maybe Judicial Watch could be of some help--even if it's just to drag the case out until after the election...
jstoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Not about Bush, it's about Kerry Reply with quote

Cooler heads have a good view on this. Bush now has claimed the so-called moral high ground that Kerry was trying to claim. Bush has out-done Kerry by calling for an end to all 527's, whereas Kerry has been whining only about the SBVT ads. Whether or not this pulls the plug on the 527's, the book is still on sale and flying off the shelves. That won't stop. Whether or not the 527s are silenced, with the Republicans claiming this issue, Kerry is forced to try to talk about his dismal 19 years in the Senate. He doesn't want to do that, never has, and that's why he actually works very hard to keep this controversy in the news, even while he pretends he wants to talk about 'the issues.' If the 527s begin to fade, even the SBVTs, Kerry still will never again be able to talk seriously about his Vietnam war record. His claims are forever suspect now. This is why the closest he would come to taking a question about the SBVT charges against him was in a b.s. format from a comedy talk-show host (on the Daily Show). Even there he remained silent, trying in a vain attempt to be funny. I have to wonder if he thinks the 60 mins folks won't ask even one question about it, though, admittedly they aren't likely to pursue it as true journalists would. Kerry continues to foul up his own campaign. So, what matters most is what Kerry does; what Bush does matters most in how it helps expose Kerry for the fraud that he is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: